Status: New and attackactive!

Kenya

Figuring out Kenya

By the time I had walked anywhere near school it was almost my last class of the day. Kenya did live a ways away, which is why he took the bus I supposed.

I slid into art class just as the bell rang. Ms. Beck smiled at me. She walked over.

“Do you have your drawings and all from last weekend? I’d really like to show the class what we did.”

“Um actually, I think they’re at home.”

“Oh, well that’s fine. Don’t worry about it then.”

Someone knocked on the door. Ms. Beck rushed to go answer it. Her smell still floated through the air. I immediately thought of Kenya’s smell. There was a huge knot in my abdomen. I wasn’t at all sure what I wanted to do about him.

I happened to glance over to Ms. Beck’s desk, where Jack was standing, looking nervous as hell, wringing his hands repeatedly.

When he met my gaze, he looked away quickly. I guess I didn’t really blame him.

Ms. Beck talked to him, handed him some papers, and then pointed at the table where I was sitting. I looked down and pretended to be absolutely engrossed in my art project.

Jack sat on the stool next to mine. He didn’t say anything. His foot tapped on the floor as he did whatever he was doing.

He stopped really suddenly. He looked at me. “I told guidance not to put me into final period art but they did anyway and now this is weird and….”

“Jack, it’s fine.”

He tugged on the ends of his dark red hair. “I know you don’t like me and stuff and I don’t know, it hurts.”

“Sorry.”

Jack chewed on the eraser end of his pencil. “Are you sure we couldn’t like try something?”

For a second I almost considered it, but then I thought about Kenya. I’d so much rather have Kenya.

“Yeah.”

Jack was silent for the rest of the period.

I rode the bus home with Minnie. In her room, I lay back on her bed and stared at the ceiling. She put an actual record on and we just sat in silence and listened to some angry punk music.

“So I think you should go after Jack,” I suggested.

Minnie shrugged. “Dating and stuff isn’t really important to me, I guess.”

“I feel ya. I wish I could be unnoticed.”

“But you really don’t. It’s awful.”

I shrugged. “It would be a nice break.”

“But it’s not a break. It’s permanent for me. I’ve never had attention.”

I felt bad for her. She was amazing and deserved all the attention.

My phone buzzed. It was my dad calling me. I really wasn’t expecting that. He sent me money for my birthday, but that’s about it. He hadn’t really even tried to make contact beyond that.

“Hang on Minnie, I’ve got to take this.”

I stepped out into her hallway and answered my phone.

“Good afternoon Ashley.”

“Hey Dad?”

“I just wanted to talk to you about Christmas break. Your mom and I were thinking that you should spend some time here with Elaine and I.” Elaine was my step-mom.

“That’d be nice.” I wasn’t really sure if I wanted to go back home, but I didn’t exactly know why I should stay here. My mom got me for most of the rest of the year, and even though I’d rather have spent the holiday with her, I figured I should at least try for my dad.

“If you have a friend or something you want to bring, just let me know. I’d love to meet some of your new friends and Elaine is absolutely thrilled to see you.”

“I bet.” It came out harsher than I’d intended, but I don’t think my dad noticed. He didn’t say anything anyway.

“I’m looking forward to seeing you Ash.”

“Yeah.”

“Say ‘hi’ to your aunt for me, okay?”

“Um sure.”

“Bye.”

“Bye dad.”

“Love you.”

“Bye.”

I went back into Minnie’s room.

“Was that your dad?” she asked.

I nodded.

“Wow. The elusive Mr. Thomas rears up in Ashley’s life all of a sudden. Sounds like drama to me.”

“Would you want to come to Jersey with me?”

“What?”

“Come home with me. My dad told me to bring a friend.”

“Dude, my parents aren’t going to let me go to New Jersey with a boy.”

“I’m practically gay. Jesus Christ. I don’t count, I don’t think.”

“Well, I’ll definitely ask.”

“Good.”

We did homework for a while and then she drove me home. I came home to my mom sitting in the living room talking on the phone or something.

“Hey Ashley?” she called.

“Yeah?”

“You have a friend here.”

I walked into the living room. Kenya was sitting with my mom, looking relaxed, like it was his house and not mine. I gave him a dirty look. He only smiled.

I sort of forgot that he knew where I lived because he’d been there before.

“Oh hey Kenya,” I said, trying to act casual.

He stood up and followed me to my room. I shut the door.

“Why the hell are you at my house?”

“Because we need to talk okay?”

“Not okay.”

Kenya rolled his eyes. “Be mature,” he said in a mocking tone.

I crossed my arms across my chest. “So talk.”

“Why’d you leave?”

“Because you’re an ass.”

“How? We were making out and then you just leave.”

“Because Christ, I’m not a woman. Don’t treat me like one.”

“Are you seriously upset because you can’t be in control?”

“Yeah.”

Kenya chuckled. “That sucks for you then, I guess.”

He approached me and put his hand on the side of my face. “You’re too pretty Ashley.”

I tried pushing his hand away, but he twisted his fingers in my hair and pushed me back against the door. He held me there.

I glared at him.

“You have the nicest eyes.”

“Get the fuck out of my house,” I growled.

“Shhh.” Kenya kissed me so softly and finally let go of my hair.

Somehow we ended up on the bed. I was panting hard between kisses. I thought I might die from lack of oxygen. Kenya’s leg was rubbing my crotch so right.

“My mom’s like here,” I said, breathless.

“So let’s go to my house. I have no fucking idea where my dad is.” Kenya nipped at my collarbone. His hair tickled my skin where it brushed it.

“How about no.”

“Jesus. What’s your problem?”

“I’m not going over to your house so you can push me around some, fuck me, and then move on with your life.”

“I told you Ashley, I’m going to stick around with you.”

“Whatever.”

“I will push you around though.”

“No.”

Kenya pushed me back onto the bed and sat on my stomach. He was surprisingly light. Bones didn’t really weight much I guess and Kenya wasn’t really much more than that.

“I’m pushing you right now though. If you’re so angry, then why aren’t you fighting me back?”

“Because that’s what you get off on.”

“Touché.”

“Why is your hair purple?”

“Why not?”

“I guess.”

“Ashley?” my mom called from just outside my door.

Kenya got off of me and sat on the chair at my desk. I sat up and tried to act normal.

“Yeah mom?”

“Is Kenya staying with us for dinner?”

I looked at Kenya.

He nodded and gave me a winning smile.

I was secretly thrilled that he was staying.
♠ ♠ ♠
OmG! I'm like actually really into this story right now. So expect more updates on this like soon.
Go check out my other story, Disgusting. It's also updated regularly and needs some loving! It's a rewrite, so be patient I guess? IDK

And for the real reason I'm writing thing long-ass Author's Note: to thank everyone personally who has given me feedback. You are wonderful and I appreciate it to the very ends of the world. And for those of you who don't comment, that's okay too because I appreciate you for reading anyway.

kshelton
darkaly
JeJeJellybean
izzycomeonuknowthis
dai_love_chocolate
RaeTheDroog
TropicalStormHawaii


Give them all a round of applase and please go check them out, they're all awesome. AND I LOVE THEM! <3