Sequel: Love is Magic
Status: No really editing has been done yet so I am aware there are many mistakes. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!

Change of Plans

Mischief

Once Gwaine left and shut the door Gwen came back in to help Morgana get dressed. Gwen stayed quiet for a long time. She was unsure of how to ask the Lady Morgana about Gwaine and why he was in her private chambers. Morgana saw the look on Gwen’s face as she gently brushed Morgana’s hair. Looking at Gwen through their reflection in the mirror Morgana asked her maid and friend what was the matter. Gwen had been Morgana’s maid since Morgana was a young teenager so the two of them knew each other very well. When Gwen told Morgana that everything was fine Morgana knew better.

“Gwen, you have never been a good liar.” Morgana smiled to Gwen.

“I.. I am just worried.”

“Worried? About what Gwen?” Morgana knew exactly what Gwen was worried about, but she wanted to hear Gwen say it first.

“Oh, I know it is none of my concern and I should keep my mouth shut. But my Lady, this is a bad idea! If you are going to start getting involved with the Knights you are dragging yourself into the middle of a war between the King and them.” Gwen pleaded, finally looking up at Morgana in the mirror.

“Calm down Gwen. I am not getting involved with any Knights.” Morgana calmly replied as she stood up and walked away from Gwen.

“Well then what was Gwaine doing here so early? You were still in bed!”

“He helped me. That is all.”

Gwen looked at Morgana waiting for her to explain farther. Gwen knew Morgana always had a taste for mischief. I would not surprise anyone to learn that she was sneaking around the castle at night. How could Morgana blame her for coming to the conclusion that something had happened between her and Gwaine? If something were to happen between her and Gwaine the King would most certainly have Gwaine banished. The King treated Morgana as if she were his own daughter, Gwen worried that Morgana’s rebellious attitude might get both of them in trouble.

“Gwen, please don’t worry. It was that stupid potion Gaius gave you. It doesn’t work and it made me dizzy. I went outside for some air and nearly passed out. Thankfully Gwaine saw me and helped me back into my chambers. I asked him to stay just in case I needed something.”

Satisfied with the response Morgana gave her Gwen left the room. Morgana may have twisted the events around a bit, but Gwen never would have understood if Morgana told her the real truth. Gwen was too perfect. Gwen believed in always following the rules no matter what the cost.