Sequel: Love is Magic
Status: No really editing has been done yet so I am aware there are many mistakes. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!

Change of Plans

Realization

Trapped again like a bird in a cage, Morgana was sent up to her chamber. As if she had not already spent enough time in solitude up there. Morgana paced the room looking for something to occupy her time with, something to fill her mind. She sat by the window and looked down at the market. She replayed the entire scene out in her head over and over again. Down to the tiniest detail the fight in the market was exactly the same as the fight in her dreams.
“How is that possible? How could I have foreseen that?”Moragaasked herself.
She rested her head in her hand feeling tired and dizzy again, Morgana wondered if she was getting sick again. She opened the window and let the cool evening air sooth her rising body temperature. Feeling drowsy and incoherent Morgana laid down in her bed and quickly fell asleep. She began dreaming again the moment her eyes shut…
“Shhh, It will all be ok Morgana. Just relax, and I promise to take care of you.” A woman’s voice whispered. “Do not be frightened. This is a dream, but I asure you I am real.” The voice continued on, “My name is Morgause, I knew your parents before they died. I worked as a servant to your mother while you were young. I do not expect that you would remember me, but please you must listen to me.” Morgana wanted to wake up. She was growing frightened of this mysterious voice. She tried to shift and roll around but her body was frozen. When she tried to scream nothing came out. Morgana was no longer in control of her body. Whoever this Morgause person was it was clear that she was a powerful person.
“Please Morgana, I only want to help you.”
“Help me?” Morgana cried out to the voice. “Help me how?”
“You have been feeling very sick lately haven’t you?” Morgause asked Morgana.
“Yes… but I do not see what that has to do with you.”
“Do you want to know why?” Morgause did not need to wait for a reply. “It is because like your mother you have magic. You have power that has been building up inside of you since the day you were born. Now that you are old enough that power is ready to be released.”
“Magic! Me?” Morgana was in shock. Clearly she was very sick and needed the doctor to come right away. She believed that she was conjuring up a dream to explain all of the stressful events that occurred that day. “That is absurd! Plus magic is outlawed. If you really were a servant to my mother you would know that she did not have magic.” Morgana was prepared to defend her parents honor no matter how irrational she thought it was.
“Sweet Morgana, just because it was outlawed does not mean it does not exist. I am using magic right now so we can talk in private. Do you know how your parents were killed?”
“Yes. What kind of question is that? They died when our home caught fire.”
“Do you know what started the fire? Or how you happened to be the only one to survive?”