Sequel: Love is Magic
Status: No really editing has been done yet so I am aware there are many mistakes. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!

Change of Plans

Dreams and Reality

Weeks had gone by before Gwaine and Morgana saw each other again. Morgana tried to forget Gwaine and the meeting, but since that day she dreamt of him every night. In one of her dreams she was in the market with Prince Arthur. It was nothing out of the ordinary, the King often sent Arthur to watch over Morgana. The two of them were like brother and sister, after Morgana’s parents died in a horrible fire the King took Morgana and raised her as if she were his own daughter.

Arthur was just a year older than Morgana so the two of them were very close. This time was different though, Morgana couldn’t help feeling anxious and uneasy. She kept scanning the crowd of people trading and conversing searching for something. She was not sure what, but she knew that something bad was about to happen.

Just when Morgana had given up and reasoned that she had nothing to worry about she heard a piercing scream and clashing of swords. Arthur was in the midst of a battle with a mysterious man whose face was covered by a black mask. Morgana screamed out for help from any of the other knights, but they had all seemed to have disappeared. Arthur was pinned down on the ground, the man in the mask seconds away from running his sword through Arthur when Gwaine rides up on a white horse. Gwaine was dressed in armor and wore the noble crest of the Knights.

Morgana watched in fear as Gwaine wrestled the sword out of the masked man’s hands. In his efforts to disarm the man Gwaine had also dropped his sword. He resorted to a brutal fist fight until Arthur was able to stand. All three men had grabbed their weapons and went at each other with intent to kill!

The next morning Morgana awoke from her nightmare out of breath and shaking. She had already woken up in a cold sweat from this dream at least five times the past week. She tried to figure out what it all meant and why she was dreaming of Arthur, and of Gwaine as a knight, but none of it made any sense to her.

“Arthur?”
“What is it Morgana?” Arthur looked up from his stack of papers and realized that Morgana looked very worried about something.

“Arthur, you know how people say… that dreams are visions of the future?”

“Sure, but only silly fools believe in that kind of silly sorcery. I mean does magic exists sure it does we all know that, but to say that one person can predict the future while unconscious is just absurd.” Arthur concluded and Morgana grew quiet. The people of the kingdom may not have understood their relationship, but Arthur was Morgana’s best friend and the only person she felt truly comfortable around. Everyone else just pitied Morgana or pretended to care just because she was of high stature. “Morgana, what is wrong? You have been very quiet these past few days. I mean you have not made fun of the Royal suite I am wearing, and I defiantly expected you of all people to make a remark about the fluff and ruffles.” Arthur said trying to joke with Morgana.

His efforts were useless, she had still been far away stuck in the nightmare she had been having. She knew that there had to be more to her dream then what she was seeing. The dream had been too real and too freighting to be anything less than a sign. Morgana wanted to explain everything to Arthur, but she knew he would just dismiss her and the dream as silly nonsense.

“I am fine.” Morgana finally replied.

“Oh come on? I know you better than that Morgana, I know you think me to be dense and egocentric but I actually pay more attention than you think. I know what you are hiding.” Morgana looked over at Arthur in confusion and curiosity.

“Don’t look so surprised my dear Morgana. Your sweet lady in waiting told me everything.” Arthur said with a wide eyed smirk. “Yes, she told me that you are dying to come watch the tournament and see the training of the Knights.”

“Oh.. oh yes.” Morgana sighed in relief, “You caught me Arthur. I just want to spend my whole day swooning over sweaty men who clank about yelling and fighting with each other.” Morgana replied and rolled her eyes.