Sequel: Love is Magic
Status: No really editing has been done yet so I am aware there are many mistakes. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!

Change of Plans

What If...

Slowly, Morgana glided down the hall, she looked around to make sure no one had noticed she left her room before she turned the corner and slipped into the stairwell. Her footsteps echoed as she carefully stepped down each stair. She listened to the tapping of her shoes on the stone and began to wonder what she would do once she found out the truth. If Morgause was right than the man she trusted had betrayed her, but if Morgause was the one who was lying then Morgana would lose the only real friend she had ever had.
There were so many different scenarios flying through Morgana’s head. If Uther was the monster Morgause claimed him to be then what exactly would that mean for Morgana? She knew that she couldn’t go on pretending like nothing had ever happened. If he really was responsible for her parents death’s she would never be able to trust him again. She would most certainly have to leave the castle, if he killed them because they had magic than he would not hesitate to do the same to her. She would be on her own. Where would she go? The noble life was the only life she had ever known. She would never be able to get a job or find a home. That is if Uther doesn’t send the guards after her.
“The guards…” Morgana thought out loud. She thought of Gwaine, and what he would think if he found out she had magic. He almost did the last time she saw him, the night of their kiss. She wondered if he would hate her for it. He could be like Uther and only see how magic can be bad. Not only would Morgana lose her home, the people she considered family, but also the only person she ever loved.
As Morgana came to the end of the stairs she remembered Morgause’s warning. It dawned on her that Morgause’s words made no sense. How was she living a lie? What should Morgause have told Morgana sooner? Morgana realized that maybe coming down to Gaius’s chambers was a bad idea.