Sequel: Love is Magic
Status: No really editing has been done yet so I am aware there are many mistakes. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!

Change of Plans

The Return

“Ah! Sir Gwaine! Welcome back. You disappeared on us for a while. Gwen said she heard something about a quest.” Gaius greeted Gwaine as he entered Gaius’s chambers. “What wild goose chase did Arthur send you on this time?”
Gwaine chuckled as he sat down and pulled a tiny vile out of his pocket. When he left on his quest to find the Revealing Dust Gwaine thought for sure it would be the answer to all of his problems. Gwaine thought if he could only find out what Morgana was hiding from him then he would know whether or not he should stay in Camelot. While he was away he decided he had no reason to come back, no reason except for Morgana. He knew it was strange and never would he ever thought he would fall in love with someone so different from him, but he had. He knew he could not just leave Camelot without ever knowing what might have been.
“Gwaine, what is that?” Gaius asked cautiously.
“It is Reaveling Dust.”
“It is magic!” Gaius Exclaimed. “Magic is outlawed in Camelot. If you Uther found out you had it… it would not matter that you are a Knight. Gwaine, where did you get it? Why do you have it?”
“I know, I know Gaius.” Gwaine stood up and sighed. He was risking so much by coming to Gauis, but Gwaine had never used magic before and he thought Gauis might be able to help since he was a physician. “Gaius, I need your help. I know the risk of using magic, but I willing to take it. You are the only person I can trust to help me.”
Gaius looked at Gwaine then at the tiny vile in his hand. He nodded then took and old book from his bookshelf and started flipping through the pages until he found a section on Revealing Dust. He scanned over the page then looked up at Gwaine and asked, “What exactly are you using this stuff for anyway?”
“Don’t laugh.” Gwaine said to Gaius as he handed him the vile. “I want to use it on the Lady Morgana. I know you have seen it, almost everyone but Uther and Arthur know how I feel about her…”
“You want to know if she feels the same about you?” Gaius interrupted.
“I thought she did, but I have never met a woman like Morgana before. I cannot tell what she wants or how she feels. It is like trying to break through a brick wall, and every time I think I have made a dent she reverts back and pulls away. Before I left I kissed her…”
“You kissed the Lady Morgana? Gwaine, what is the matter with you?” Gaius hollered. “If Uther does not lock you up for using magic he will most certainly lock you up for kissing the Lady Morgana. You know she is like a daughter to him. He would never approve of her consorting with a Knight.”
“Gaius what does any of that matter if we love each other? Plus it does not matter. After I kissed her she pushed me away and ran off.” Gwaine looked away embarrassed.
Gaius chuckled a bit took a seat next to Gwaine. He gave Gwaine back the vile and smiled. Gaius had always known about Gwaines flirting with the Lady Morgana, but he never realized that Gwaine had fallen so hard for the Lady. In some ways Gaius was very happy to see Gwaine so in love. Not only did it seem to give him more purpose, but he also carried this cheery light of hope and courage through a castle that always seemed so dragged down by hate and fear. Gaius agreed to explain to Gwaine how to use the Revealing Dust to help him learn what Morgana was hiding from him.
“Gaius, Morgana must never know the truth.” Gwaine commanded. He worried that if she ever found out that he used magic on her. She would hate him and feel betrayed.