Sequel: Love is Magic
Status: No really editing has been done yet so I am aware there are many mistakes. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!

Change of Plans

Confusion

“Gaius, Morgana must never know the truth.”
Morgana heard Gwaine say through the door when she arrived at Gaius’s Chambers. Knowing that she just heard part of a conversation that she shouldn’t have Morgana wasn’t sure what to do. Should she just turn and leave? She faced back towards the stairwell. “What were they talking about?” She whispered to herself. She began to wonder if Gwaine knew something about her parents.
When Morgana re-entered her room she expected to see Morgause sitting there, waiting to hear about what she discovered. Morgana sat down in her chair by the window and tried to put all of the pieces together. It did not make sense to her, how Gwaine could know anything about her family. He had only been in Camelot for a few months. There was no way he could know anything. Although if he did not know anything about her parents, then why would he tell Gaius she must never know the truth? Morgana just wanted to scream. The moment she thought she would get all the answers she needed she found out that there was another secrete being kept from her. This time by Gwaine, and she never thought he would lie to her.
“Maybe it is about the kiss? He knows why I ran off!” Morgana decided aloud.
“Excuse me miss?” Gwen said as she curiously looked up at Morgana. “What are you talking about?”
Morgana did not notice Gwen walked in the room. Morgana just smiled and shook her head, “Oh nothing. Just day dreaming.” She replied hoping that Gwen would not ask any more questions.
“I see.” Gwen said unconvinced. “I just heard that Gwaine is back from his quest. Have you seen him yet?”
“No, I have not. Why would I see him?” Morgana asked sharply. As she tried to avoid giving away anything.
“Oh! I didn’t mean anything by it. I just know that you two are close… well… I mean… get along.” Gwen scrambled to explain.
“Yes, we do … get along, but that means nothing. He does not have to report to me every time he comes or goes. He did not tell me when he found out Arthur was sending him on this quest, so why would he tell me he has returned?”
“My Lady, I do not think Arthur sent Gwaine. I heard that he went on his own. He was looking for something.”
Morgana turned and looked at Gwen confused. Gwen did not say another word; she just took the tray of dishes and left Morgana to sift through her confusion. After a few moments she decided she had enough of feeling lost. Everything she thought she knew was changing and she was left standing in the middle of it all. Once she felt enough time had passed Morgana went back down to Gaius’s chambers. She put her ear to the door to hear if anyone was in there. When she was sure the room was empty Morgana slipped inside and began searching for the book that Morgause described to her.
She scanned his dusty shelves reading the spines of every red leather book she could find. Origin of Warts, Common cough, fevers and rashes.... none of those books where what she was looking for. She looked under his bed and in his dresser. She knew he would not have something so important just lying around, but she could not find it anywhere. Then Morgana decided it was time to try out some magic. Morgause had given her a book of simple spells. Morgana read through it, but had not had the time to try any of them.
She closed her eyes and began to recite the words to a seeking spell. Her heart raced as he clearly pronounced each word. When she opened her eyes she felt a rush of relief. Morgause was right, she needed to start using her power before it exploded from inside of her. Morgana saw a large old book floating above Gaius’s table.
“He was using it!” Morgana realized as she carefully took the book from midair and held it on her forearm. She looked down at the book, it was opened to page about Revealing Dust. Not knowing anything about Revealing Dust Morgana just flipped through the pages until she came to the back of the book. Morgause was right, the book held records of everything that happened in Camelot since Uther became king.