Sequel: Love is Magic
Status: No really editing has been done yet so I am aware there are many mistakes. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!

Change of Plans

The Plan

Morgana could not take it any longer. She could not stand there and watch him lie to her face. She took the tray of food and shut the door. Friends he said. He called them friends. How could he lie to her so easily? The more she thought about it the more it hurt.
“Ooo who is the cutie bringing food?” Morgause asked as she slid out from behind the curtain she was hiding behind.
“He is one of Arthur’s Knights.” Morgana replied as she tried to ignore the pain she was feeling.
“Oh, well he is cute. He seemed to know you very well?” Morgause’s tone changed from light hearted to mild concern.
A tear feel down Morgana’s cheek as she thought about Gwaine’s betrayal. At one time she would have said they were close back before she overheard his conversation with Gauis. She thought back to the night in the court yard when he gave her the tiny white flower. In his own way Gwaine was always so charming. He had way of making Morgana forget all the bad things that were happening.
“Morgana? Do we need to be worried about him?” Morgause asked. Her concern grown more with each second that Morgana remained quiet.
“He was the one I heard talking to Gaius.” Morgana admitted. “He is the Knight Gaius told about my magic. He is the one who will report it to Uther the moment they have enough evidence.” Morgana could not hold back the tears any longer. She was so angry that Gwaine could hurt her like this, but at the same time she was also fearful of what Morgause was going to do to him now that she knows who he is.
“We need a plan of action, Morgana.” Morgause said firmly. “There is something I need to tell you.”
Morgana’s head shot up. Every time Morgause needs to tell her something it is always some kind of earth shattering news. The first time Morgause told her that she has magic, then she told her that the father she loved and grieved over were not even her real father. What could she possible tell Morgana this time?
“Do you remember that man in the mask who attacked you and Arthur at the market?” Morgause took Morgana’s hands and held them tightly as Morgana nodded to her. “Well… now please understand I had no idea you would be with Arthur.”
“What are you talking about?”
“I hired that man to kill Arthur. It was a stupid plan. I did not think it through properly and if I had known you would be there I never would have gone through with it…”
“You tried to have Arthur killed!” Morgana practically screamed.
Morgana hated Uther for what he did to her parents and other people like her, and she knew that Morgause felt the same way because of what he did to her sister. Before Morgana met Morgause she just never realized that there were people who would want Uther dead. If it was not for Gwaine the Masked Man Morgause hired would have killed bother her and Arthur.
“I wanted Uther to pay. I wanted him to feel the pain of losing someone precious to him.”Morgause saw Morgana look away. “Morgana, I know that you still are unsure how you feel about Arthur, but you have to trust me. He is no different than Uther. He will follow in his father’s footsteps and continue to kill people like us.”
“Why are you telling me this now?” Morgana asked.
“As you know the Masked Man disappeared and Uther has been paranoid about his return since that day in the market. This means it is the perfect time for us to strike!”
Morgana quickly figured out what Morgause was getting at. Morgause was formulating a plan to help keep Morgana safe from Gwaine, and at the same time a plan that could lead to Arthur and Uther’s deaths. Morgause explained that if they did not act soon Gwaine would find the evidence he needed and Morgana would be in danger. It was clear to both Morgana and Morgause that they needed to find the Masked Man and attack Uther.
“It is a perfect plan! He will never expect it. Now that you are on our side and we have someone on the inside there is nowhere for Uther to hide. He will pay for what he has done to our families!” Morgause declared.
By the time Morgause had finished explaining her plan to Morgana the sun was rising again and Gwen would be coming to help Morgana get dressed. The food Gwaine had brought had not been touched. Everything seemed to stand still as Morgause clarified the details of their plan.
“You will sneak down to the south wall and help the Masked Man sneak in the castle. Then you will sneak back into your chambers while the Masked Man lets me in through the servant’s door. Then the Masked Man will find that Knight you think knows your secret and make sure that he does not get the chance to tell Uther about your power…”
Morgana felt a lump rise in her throat as she thought about Gwaine being killed by the Masked Man. She pictured Gwaine sprawled out in bed, snoring loudly, and dreaming of an enormous feast. He would be completely unaware of the intruder standing over him with a dagger. Then without another thought the Masked Man would plugged the dagger into Gwaine’s chest. Morgana’s heart ached as she thought about what was going to happen to Gwaine, but then she thought about what would happen to her if she lets him live. He has already proven that he would lie to her. He would not give having her killed a second thought.
“While the Masked Man is dealing with that pesky Knight I will make my way to Uther’s private chambers. Once I get safely inside I will place the Mandrake root under Uther’s bed. By the time anyone comes into the room to check on Uther it will be too late! He will have gone completely crazy and killed both himself and Arthur!” Morgause finished explaining the plan to Morgana then smiled at her and said, “Soon, soon we will be free.”