Sequel: Love is Magic
Status: No really editing has been done yet so I am aware there are many mistakes. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!

Change of Plans

Fear

“Gwaine! What is going on?” Arthur yelled as he ran over to Gwaine.
“I don’t know sire. I was with… I was standing guard when the alarms went off. I came to see if there was something I could do.”
“Thank you Gwaine.” Arthur put his hand on Gwaine’s shoulder. He was clearly glad to see that someone was alright. “Go back to Morgana. Make sure she is alright. I am going to find the other Knights and figure out who is in the castle.”
Without hesitation Gwaine ran back to Morgana. As he ran he felt himself begin to smile. He was running back to Morgana and for the first time in a long time Gwaine felt free again. He was not weighed down by the unknown. Things between him and Morgana were not completely worked out, he still did not know if she had the same feelings for him, but he did know that things between them were healing. She clearly had forgiven him for leaving and she did not mention anything about the kiss. So Gwaine felt like he was as light as a feather as he ran back to the one person he would do anything for.
As Gwaine approached Morgana’s door he saw a shadow move away from the room and down a corridor. He picked up his speed to try and catch the mysterious person. By the time he rounded the corner and made it to the corridor that he saw the shadow turn down it was gone.
“Morgana!” Gwaine said aloud as she realized the person might have gone into her chambers while he was away.
Gwaine busted through the door into Morgana’s chambers and instinctively pulled out his sword. Gwaine stood face to face with the Masked Man. While Morgana cowered in the corner the Masked Man grinned at Gwaine, daring him to attack.
“You should get out of here while you have the chance.” The Masked Man said to Gwaine as he drew his sword.
“You’re probably right.” Gwaine replied. Then he took a few steps forward and lunged at the Masked Man.
“Morgana? Are you alright?” Gwaine called over to her as he swung his sword near the Masked Man’s face.
Morgana nodded then winced as she watched the Masked Man nearly stab Gwaine in the side. Gwaine looked down at the spot where the sword would have hit him. Then he smiled and swiftly lifted his sword up, crashing it into the Masked Man’s sword. The men moved quickly and precisely as the lunged for each other and dogged there other man’s sword.
“You fight well.” The Masked Man commented over the loud clashes of the swords.
“I suppose I could say the same about you… If you deserved it!” Gwaine replied.
The flames from the candles lighting the room flickered and swayed. The men’s shadows grew furiously on the walls as the men jumped and ducked. Gwaine waved his sword left and right causing the Masked Man to lose focus. Gwaine quickly backed the Masked Man into a corner.
“I will give you a chance to surrender.” Gwaine said breathlessly.
The Masked Man smirked. It was clear he was on a mission and failure was not an option. Either he returned victorious or he did not return at all. Gwaine raised his sword high above his head. Morgana turned her head afraid to watch the man die. Just as Morgana thought Gwaine would force his sword into the Masked Man’s chest Gwaine threw his sword down and punched the man square in the nose, causing the Masked Man to fall to the ground unconscious.
Gwaine turned around and whipped the sweat from his forehead. Then he walked over to Morgana who was crouched down in the corner stunned by what had happened. Gwaine kneeled down next to Morgana and took her shaking hands into his. He had never seen her so frighten before. Even when she was screaming out in terror from the nightmares she was having she seemed to keep herself relatively composed. Her wide eyes staring at the masked man on the ground, her face had gone completely white, and her lips were dry and cracked.
“It is ok. No one will hurt you.” Gwaine said to her. She looked up at him as if she had forgotten he was there until the moment he spoke. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. “I won’t let anyone hurt you.” He whispered in her ear.
Morgana closed her eyes and held on to Gwaine.