Sequel: Love is Magic
Status: No really editing has been done yet so I am aware there are many mistakes. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!

Change of Plans

The Mysterious Man

After spending several hours watching grown men ride around on horses, swinging weapons around with the sole purpose of being better than the man next to them Morgana had grown tired and bored. As a young girl she remembered coming to these types of tournaments with her Mother and Father. They helped to oversee the choosing of the new Knights.

Although Morgana was young when her parents died she did have fond memories of them and her childhood. When she came to these tournaments with Arthur and the King they gave her everything she could have ever wanted. Such as a magnificent seat, the country's finest wine, and most delectable fruits so she could enjoy the festivities in the most extravagant way. And yet she did not gain the same feeling of unknown excitement and the rush of not knowing who will survive. When Morgana would go with her Mother and Father they sat in their private booth, and were given nice fans to keep themselves cool and a tray of cheese and crackers. Still it was being with her family and enjoying their company that made the events something she looked forward too.

"My Lady, are you alright?" One of her maids leaned in and whispered in her ear.

Morgana propped herself up on the edge of her seat, her eyes staring in shock down at the fight below. As she watched the men step forward and back lunging and retreating. She raised her hands up to cover her mouth as the blood drained from her face. She had seen all of this before. She had seen it all in her dream. Morgana watched as one of the men had in one swift movement knocked his opponent's sword into the air and caught it in his free hand before his opponent could recover. The man was now armed with two swords while his opponent frantically searched for something to protect himself. Morgana recognized the man's fighting style and his movements; she had dreamt them in her dream of Gwaine and Arthur. In her dream Gwaine had done that exact same maneuver when he saved Arthur from the masked man.

Slowing placing her hands back in her lap Morgana bit her lip trying to see past the man's armor to determine his identity. With each passing second Morgana grew more nervous for this man. Each time he dogged an attack Morgana sighed in relief. She looked away briefly at her maid who looked very worried about Morgana.

"Ah! I see you have finally found the joy in these tournaments." Arthur turned and said to Morgana when he saw how invested she was.

She nodded in response to Arthur, unable to tear her eyes away from the heart pounding fight that was coming to an end. Slowly the man had backed his opponent into a corner, and then threw his weapon to the ground which signaled that the fight was over, and his opponent graciously surrendered.

As the man removed his helmet and turned to face the King, Morgana held her breath. She was both hoping it would be Gwaine and terrified that it could be him at the same time. Since he had won the tournament Arthur would surely make him a Knight, but then if Gwaine becomes a Knight then part of her dream would be true.