Sequel: Love is Magic
Status: No really editing has been done yet so I am aware there are many mistakes. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!

Change of Plans

Letters Between Sisters

Morgana had been locked in the small room that Uther threw her in after Gwaine was banished for a week. She had grown tired and impatient. It was clear Uther had no intention of being a father to her. He just was trying to force her to respect him, and if she did not respect him then Uther wanted her to fear him. After spending all that time trapped in the small, dark, and dirty room Morgana knew that there was no hope for reconciliation with Uther. She knew he would never openly accept her as his daughter, and he certainly would never accept her if he knew the truth about her magic.
“Morgana.” Arthur said as she slowly opened the door to Morgana’s prison cell.
Startled by the sound of the door sliding against the stone floor and the sound of hay being pushed into a pile by the door Morgana jumped up from her spot on the floor. She glared over at Arthur as he came into the room and reached his hands out to Morgana. “Are you alright?” He asked as Morgana turned away from him.
“I am perfectly fine.” She replied as she crossed her arms.
“Oh please Morgana, I am trying to help you.”
“Help me?” Morgana snickered. “I suppose you were too busy to help a week ago?”
“Be reasonable. I have to be careful with what I say to Uther. If I push him too hard he will lash out.”
“Lash out? Arthur, do you hear yourself? Uther has already lashed out. He has completely lost his mind. He locked me down here for what? For trying to show him reason.” Morgana paused and turned to face Arthur. Her tone became calmer and more pleasant as she said, “I know I am not the only one who is noticing it. Uther has become angry and frustrated with the world. He is the one who is unreasonable, and people are beginning to talk. If he continues to rule over the people in this controlling manor the people will begin to rebel.”
“I know… I know you are hurt Morgana. I know that you were close to Gwaine, I was too…”
“I am not talking about Gwaine.” Morgana interrupted. “I am trying to tell you what will happen if things don’t change.”
“Morgana, Uther had to banish Gwaine. If he did not uphold the law the people of Camelot would lose respect for him. Please do not take your anger out on him. He is trying to help.”
“Help? Help who?” Morgana asked.
“You are being difficult. If you would just apologize to Uther instead of throwing a fit I am sure he would forgive you and let things go back to the way they were.”
“You are joking. You have no idea what is going on here, do you?” Morgana turned her back to Arthur again as she said, “You keep saying that you want to help, but you are being just as bad as Uther. You refuse to listen to anyone who may be saying something different.” Morgana mumbled as she finished saying, “You are no different than he is… things will never change.”
Frustrated by Morgana’s stubbornness, Arthur huffed out of the room and left Morgana alone to wait for a reply from Morgause. Once Morgause knew it was safe she would come back to Camelot and help Morgana out of her prison. Morgana would be free to use her magic and make Camelot a place where magic is embraced not feared. In some ways Morgana hoped that Arthur would be different than his father. She hoped that once Arthur became King he could change things for the better, but instead Arthur proved he was just like Uther. They both were stubborn and blind.
Time passed slowly as Morgana sat against the wall watching the sun rise and set, listening to the conversations of servants out in the court yard. She heard one maid make a comment about how annoyed she was with Uther and his attitude. It was clear to Morgana that she was not the only one who was angry with Uther. The people of Camelot were starting to see Uther’s true nature. Soon enough Morgana would be able to take control of Camelot and make things right again. Morgana passed the time by thinking of a way to dispose of Uther and Arthur. The last time her plan was not well thought out and there were too many chances for things to go wrong.
The first plan Morgana had was to ask Morgause to find another assassin to help them kill Uther and Arthur. That way both Morgause and Morgana could keep away from the actual crime. It would help keep Morgause safe by not risking her getting caught in the act. This plan would also make sure that the people of Camelot will willingly accept Morgana as their new leader. The people would not know that she had anything to do with the deaths of the King and Prince. Unfortunately Morgana knew that the plan was too good to be true. It was not much different than what Morgause and she had tried with the Masked Man. There were still too many holes in her plan.
If Morgana was going to get what she wanted then she need a plan that was unpredictable. However Morgana was going to get rid of Uther it had to involve magic. The idea of killing Uther with the thing he feared most was too good to pass up.
A light pecking noise started from around hole in the wall. Morgana eagerly looked over to the window. A bright smile crossed her face as she noticed the familiar blue winged pigeon. Having spent so much time trapped in that room Morgana grew weak, so when she went to walk over to the hole in the wall and retrieve the pigeon Morgana needed to use the wall for support. Her legs shook as she slowly reached up on her toes for the bird. Once the pigeon hopped into her hands Morgana pulled him into the room and fell to the floor.
“Hello my friend.” Morgana said while petting the small bird and while she untied the note from around his claw. “Let’s see what Morgause has to say, shall we?” Morgana said as she smiled at her little friend.

Sweet Morgana,
I am so sorry for everything you have gone through. I wish I could have been there to prevent all of this. Now that Uther knows that you know what happened to your parents and that he is your real father things are more complicated. I hope he has not swayed your opinion of him and Arthur.
While I am glad to hear that Sir Gwaine is no longer a threat, I am worried that your feeling for him are beginning to cloud your judgment. You have given yourself up and put yourself in a tight spot in an effort to protect this man. Morgana, he does not even know the real you. If he were to find out the truth about your magic? You are giving up so much for a man who will not stand beside you if Uther attacks. I know you told me that he was found with magic, but that is every different than having the power of magic. I am just not sure he would understand if he knew the truth.
Although I disagree with what you did for this man I understand your reasoning. What is done cannot be undone. Now we must plan for the future, and we need to find a way to keep you safe. Uther will be watching you even closer now that he knows you are not afraid to go against him. Things in Camelot are beginning to calm down a bit. I will come for you in three days. We will leave Camelot and find a safe place to stay until we are ready to go forth and attack Camelot.
Stay strong my Sweet Morgna. You have become like a sister to me, and I do not know what I would do if I lost you too. Please be careful and hold your tongue until I can come and help you.
Your forever loyal sister,
Morgause