Sequel: Love is Magic
Status: No really editing has been done yet so I am aware there are many mistakes. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!

Change of Plans

Scream

Joy took over Morgana as she watched the life drain from Arthur’s face. The shock had completely stunned him. Arthur stood their thinking about his father and the way he was towards Morgana. He knew his father was strict and sometimes he came across as cruel, but he never would lie to Morgana. Everyone knew Uther loved Morgana like a…. daughter… Arthur realized it was true. Morgana had no reason to lie about it.

“Morgana, I am so sorry.” Arthur took Morgana’s hand in his and said, “I had no idea….”

“I don’t want your pity!” Morgana spat as she pulled her hand away.

It was too late for Arthur’s pity. Morgana had given his several chances to prove his loyalty to her. She gave him the chance to show that he cared but each time Arthur failed. He let her fall and he let Uther hurt her. Nothing Arthur could say or do would change her mind. The only people who ever cared about Morgana were Gwaine and Morgause. Thanks to Uther, Gwaine was gone and Morgause was the only person left who cared about Morgana.

“Arthur, if you want to apologize to me then let Morgause and I go.” Morgana said as she took Morgause’s hand.

“Morgana, I can’t do that.” Arthur whispered as he raised his sword and pointed it towards Morgause.

“This woman has caused trouble. How can you side with her knowing she was the one who hired the Masked Man to kill you?” Arthur asked.

“She hired him to kill you, Arthur. Morgause was only trying to do what I have wanted to do since the moment I learned the truth. Uther was a hateful man who was blind to the needs of his people. He
deserved everything he got!” Morgana yelled as she pulled her friend towards the door.

The words stabbed like a knife into Arthur’s heart. Arthur did not always agree with the choices his father made, but he respected his King. He loved his father and would not let Morgause get away with treason and warping Morgana’s mind. Until Morgause came to Camelot Morgana was a happy and kind woman. The woman who was standing in front of him trying to find a way out of Uther’s chambers was not the same Morgana that Arthur had grown up with. The only thing Arthur knew was that his father was dead, Morgana was working with an evil sorcerer, and Morgause was to blame for it all.

Angry and hurt Arthur’s face grew red as he tried to work through everything that was happening. Everything around him seemed to be caving in. Heavy rocks felt like they were suffocating Arthur. He needed to break out from under the weight of the rocks and break through the pain. With the strength and force of a storm Arthur lunged forward towards Morgause.

“No!” Morgana screeched.

The very moment it happened Arthur wanted to take it back. He let his emotions take over and control him. He did not think about what he was doing, it all just happened so fast. Arthur’s hand shook as he gently pulled his sword from Morgause’s chest.

“I… I… am sorry…” Arthur said through the lump forming in his throat.

Morgause’s body fell to the floor as Arthur pulled his sword out of her chest. The shocked expression was painted on Morgause’s face as Morgana wrapped her arms around her and pulled her bleeding body close. The color quickly drained from Morgause’s face as a pool of blood formed around her. Arthur and his men stepped away from Morgana as she tried to find a way to stop the bleeding. Two of the guards ran to find Gauis in an effort to rescue Morgause and the King. Morgana tore off a piece of her dress and held it over Morgana’s wound, but it barely made a difference. Soon the fabric was drenched in blood and Morgana needed another way to help her friend.

“Tell me what to do!” Morgana cried. “Tell me how to save you. There must be some kind of spell or something I can do.”

The words flowed so easily out of Morgana’s mouth that for a moment Arthur did not think he heard her right. Morgana did not know magic. He thought as he watched her beg Morgause for a spell. There is no way Morgana could perform a spell to bring Morgause back to life… Right? Arthur began to worry. Maybe there was more to the situation then Arthur first realized.

“Shhhh. Do not cry, my dear.” Morgause struggled as she lifted her hand to Morgana’s face. “There is no spell to change what has been done.”

A desperate cry escaped Morgana’s lips as the thought of losing the only person she had left sank in. Morgana spent the last few months feeling alone, but in the back of her mind she knew that Morgause was there to help and guide her. There was no denying that Morgause was dying and it was because of Arthur. Morgause was just another sorcerer on the long list of sorcerers that Uther and Arthur were responsible for killing. She was just another person that Uther and Arthur were responsible for taking away from Morgana.

“Please… Please don’t leave me. I cannot do this without, Morgause!” Morgana cried as Morgause’s hand began to fall from Morgana’s face leaving a trail of blood down the side of Morgana’s face.

“My dear, you are strong and powerful… I was wrong. You never needed me. You were capable of freeing yourself all on your own. Do not ever give in. You are … Morgana… Pendragon… the powerful sorcerer.” With her last bit of strength Morgause smiled and whispered, “Harpen.” Then she closed her eyes and faded away.

Morgana felt like she was going to be sick. She could not breathe, the tears felt like they were drowning her as Morgause’s body went limp and grew heavy on her lap. Morgana did not know what to do. She had nothing and no hope for the future. Unsure what to do Arthur stood still watching his sister grieve over her friend.

“Morgana…” Arthur began but was cut off by the sharp glare Morgana gave him when she raised her head.

“No! You do not get to apologize!” She screamed at him.

Then Gaius and the two guards arrived in Uther’s chambers. Stunned by the scene Guaius’s jaw dropped as he saw Morgana clutching the dead body of Morgause, Arthur frozen like a statue watching as Morgana fell apart, and the King lying dead in his bed.

“Morgana, I am sorry… I wish I could do something…” Gaius said soothingly.

Gaius was quickly interrupted by a howling scream. A scream that spread through the entire castle alerting everyone in the castle and startling villagers awake. The sound bounced and vibrated down the halls. Causing the walls of Uther’s chambers to shake and move with the wave of sound the escaped Morgana’s lips. Arthur’s guards raced out of the room trying to find a way out of the collapsing castle. With one last look at Morgana’s golden eyes Arthur grabbed Gauis’s arm and pulled him out of the room and down to the dungeons where they seemed to be safe from the piercing scream that echoed through the halls.

Stones began to break from the walls and fall to the floor around Morgana as she screamed. The sound of the stones pounding against the floor caught Morgana’s attention and pulled her out of the spell. Breathlessly she looked around and saw the destruction she caused. Dressers were toppled over cracks lined the walls of Uther’s chambers. She knew that her emotions had taken control and caused her to use magic without realizing it. Carefully Morgana stood up and looked around the rest of the empty room. She may not have meant to use her magic but it seemed to have helped her find a way to escape. So she turned back towards Morgause and gently lifted her body on to one of Uther’s bed sheets. Then she kissed Morgause’s forehead and dragged her down the empty castle halls and through the servant’s tunnels. Everyone was so frightened by the scream and the shaking walls that they all ran for cover. When Morgana reached the narrow stairs that led out of the castle she lifted up Morgause and the sheet then slowly stepped down each stone edge. At the bottom of the stairs was an iron gate that led to the outside of the Castle wall. Morgana took a deep breath and closed her eyes as she used her magic to open the gate. Thankfully it was still dark outside so as the guards emerged from the castle and rung the security bell Morgana was kept hidden by the shadows of trees and bushes.

After a few feet Morgana was safe in the forest. She knew Arthur would not send anyone after her until morning, and with Uther dead that gave more responsibility to Arthur. He would certainly have his plate full with the repairs that needed to be done to the castle and their father’s funeral. Morgause gave her life so that Uther and Arthur would die. Even though Arthur did not die Morgana was going to insure that Morgause’s sacrifice would not be wasted. Morgana was going to finish her quest. She would see to it that Arthur paid for what he did to her.

The trees around Morgana seemed to be bending and twisting as a haze seemed to cover her vision. Her limbs grew weak and Morgause’s body felt heavier as she dragged her in the sheet across the forest floor. Morgana took another step forward and collapsed on the ground. Morgana had used so much magic that her body needed time to recover. She had completely drained herself of all energy. Morgana’s body was forcing her to rest so it completely shut down and went into a sleep mode.