Sequel: Love is Magic
Status: No really editing has been done yet so I am aware there are many mistakes. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!

Change of Plans

Preparations

Day after day Morgana and Harpen gathered groups of people called Droids to begin their training and preparation for battle. During Harpen’s travels he stumbled in various camps of people who also knew magic. In order to stay safe and away from Uther’s guards the people banded together and helped one another survive in the forest. Harpen spent a lot of time with these different groups of Droids and was able to form relationships with a lot of the leaders of these groups. He was sure if he just went to them and asked them for help the leaders would send their strongest and most powerful men to help Morgana led an attack against Camelot.

The leaders of the groups were quickly persuaded to join Morgana’s fight. They too wanted revenge for the loss of all of their loved ones and their own freedom. Once Morgana proved to the men that even she, the Lady Morgana had magic they quickly formed an alliance with her and pledged their loyalty. Then training began and Morgana worked with Harpen to form a plan to attack Camelot. Given her past experiences Morgana wanted to make sure this plan was well thought out and had no chance of failure. Morgana did not care how much the men needed to train or how long it took as long as they were able to fight and fight well by the end of it. She was growing tired and weary from spending so much time training the men, but in the end the only thing that she cared about was being able to take over Camelot and watch Arthur fall.

“I don’t care! I just want it done!” Morgana screamed at her guards when they came to her complaining that they were tired and hungry. The men wanted to rest but knew if Morgana saw them sleeping she would have a fit. She was going to push them until she was sure they would be able to stand up in a battle against the Knights of Camelot.

“Yes, My Lady.” One of the guards said disappointedly as he went back to his training without a break.

The men practiced techniques and combinations that would have them while they were in battle with the Knights. Over and over Morgana told the Droids about the amazing Knights of Camelot and how well they are trained. As she told them about the Knights talents she thought about of the trials and training Arthur put Gwaine through. Morgana knew exactly what the Knights had to do before truly becoming a Knight. She knew that they could not underestimate their strength, especially with Arthur as their leader. Morgana also wanted to improve the Droid’s magic and spell abilities. If she and her men could go into Camelot with magic at their disposal they would have a great advantage over Arthur and the Knights. The one thing Camelot was practically defenseless against was magic.

Morgana spent every minute trying to teach the men new spells that they could use in battle to disarm and knock out the Knights. Being surrounded by the Droids gave Morgana the opportunity to improve her own power and skills as well. Unfortunately Morgana was using magic so much her body was not use to it. She was score and tired all the time.

“My Lady, it had been a long day … for everyone. We all need rest. You need rest.” Harpen said as he brought Morgana a drink.

“Rest? You want to rest? Harpen, do you think Arthur is resting? No. He isn’t he is probably out training hundreds more men and preparing for our arrival. If we are going to beat him we need to be stronger. We need to be better than he is.”

“Morgana, if we continue at this rate the men will not be able to fight.” Harpen swatted down next to Morgana who was sitting proudly on a throne of her own. “I know you are scared and want to be sure that the men are prepared. I know you have gone after Arthur before and it has not ended well, but this time will be different. We are not going in there blind and we will be prepared. My dear, you are no longer alone. You are not the only one who wants this. We all think it is you who should be on that throne not Arthur.” Harpen explained to Morgana in an effort to ease and comfort her.

“Harpen, we don’t have much more time. The men tell me Arthur is already prepared for our arrival. If we do not attack soon we will never be able to find the right time to do it again. I have already lost so much because of Arthur. I cannot let him take anything else from me. “Morgana began to get choked up as she told Harpen was she was pushing the men so hard.

“Come.”Harpen said as he took Morgana’s hand and led her to her small tent. “With the proper rest we all will be ready in no time.”

Morgana laid down and tried to rest like Harpen suggested but the moment she closed her eyes and went to sleep the dreams began. Part of the reason Morgana refused to rest was because she was afraid to go to sleep. Every night she dreamt of her death and Gwaine. Morgause gave Morgana the bracelet to stop the nightmares, but Harpen took it from Morgana so that he would not need to feel her emotions. Morgana asked if he could remove the spell so that she could have the bracelet back but he told her that in order to remove the spell he would need Morgause’s help. Without the bracelet Morgana had to spend her nights fighting her own battle. Every night she had the same dream and felt the same heartache. Even after having the dream several nights in a row Morgana still did not know what Gwaine was trying to tell her before she used her magic to throw him up against the table.

This nightmare had been so different than the other ones she had. At first she thought that the dream was trying to tell her something, but Morgana could not understand it. What was it trying to warn her about?

“He was one of Arthur’s best Knights he could surely defeat me.” Morgana said as she explained the dream to Harpen. “Do you think it is a warning telling us that this attack on Camelot will only end in failure?” Morgana asked.

“How could it be? You said this Knight was banished.”Harpen reasoned.

“He was. If that is not it then what is it trying to tell me?”

“My dear, you are young and you have been through so much. It is a wonder you do not have dreams like this more often. Dreams are our body’s way of processing what has happened to us. You have been hurt and betrayed by so many people that you loved and held close. Maybe this man did not betray you, but he is someone you held close. It is only natural that you would fear him as well.”

As time passed on Morgana grew stronger and more prepared for the battle. She was becoming use to the extreme amount of energy the magic required. As she grew so did her men. They could perform difficult spells without growing tired and they become exceptionally good swordsmen. Morgana finally felt ready to lead an attack on Camelot. She could see the throne right in front of her just waiting for her to take. Morgana soon realized that she had nothing to fear. She was going after what was rightfully hers. Soon Arthur would be dead and on one would stop her from ruling over Camelot and granting freedom to all of those with magic.

At the break of dawn Morgana and the Droids mounted their horses, packed their weapons and made way for Camelot. The chilly morning air kept the men energized and alert as they traveled through the forest. Eagerly the men all exchanged stories of what they imagined the battle would be like. Some of their stories ended in a blood bath while other men spoke of the overwhelming see of Droids that would take Arthur’s Knights. The men were all confident and proud as they followed Morgana into battle.

The first fifty of Morgana’s men charged on to the castle barreling past villagers and servants until they were face to face with Arthur’s castle guards. Within seconds the guards were thrown across the court yard clearing a path for the Droids to enter the castle. Against the power of their magic the guards were completely powerless. Once the men were able to remove the guards from the main gate Morgana and the rest of the men galloped forward with twisted smiles glued to their faces.