Sequel: Love is Magic
Status: No really editing has been done yet so I am aware there are many mistakes. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!

Change of Plans

Distracted

As the winner of the tournament, Gwaine was put in to training to become a Knight. He woke every morning before dawn to begin his work with Arthur. Gwaine assumed Arthur was trying to prove something to his father through these trainings. Maybe he wanted his father to see him as leader or as a man who is capable of ruling over a great land. Either way every morning Gwaine was out with Arthur learning new moves and brushing up on old ones.

“Oh come on Gwaine, you will have to do better than that. You are making this way to easy, it isn’t any fun if you let me win.” Arthur said to Gwaine as he handed him back his sword. “What has gotten in to you Gwaine? We have been training for almost a month now and I know you can do better than this.”

Arthur looked at Gwaine trying to figure out what was going on. Arthur new he was a good swordsman, maybe even better than himself. Not that he would every openly admit it, but lately something seemed off. Gwaine was distant and distracted by something.

“Hello? Gwaine?”

“Huh? Oh sorry.” Gwaine finally became aware of Arthur’s presence.

“What is going on? This is the third time I have disarmed you in the past five minutes.

“Oh it is nothing sire.” Gwaine knew that Arthur was not going to let this go. “I just thought since I beat you eight times yesterday I would give you a chance to catch back up.” Gwaine replied jokingly.

With that the two were back to prancing around and waving swords through the air. Although Gwaine had gone back to his training with Arthur, his head was still up in the clouds. He had been staying at the castle for almost a month and he had not seen the Lady Morgana since the tournament. It surprised Gwaine that he had not run to the Lady Morgana yet. Every night Gwaine would go out on a walk around the castle grounds.

"I don't fare well in confined spaces." He would tell the other Knights. When they would ask him why he was always so restless.

His quiet walks at night would remind him of the days he spent playing in the woods while his mother prepared dinner. He used to long for those days back, but since becoming a Knight Gwaine realized that everything that he had suffered through as a child was worth it.