Sequel: Love is Magic
Status: No really editing has been done yet so I am aware there are many mistakes. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!

Change of Plans

Doctor's Orders

“Time to eat?” Gwaine turned to Arthur and asked after another long day of training.

“Is food all you think about Gwaine?”

“When my stomach is empty I am incapable of thinking, so.. yes!”

The two of them headed inside when they saw the court physician talking to one of Moragana’s maids. The physician was hunched over pointing down to a small bottle in the maid’s hands. He was giving her directions on how to take the potion.

“Oh there is Gaius and Gwen. I suppose Morgana was in need of more medicine. The poor thing, she has been sick for weeks now. Gaius is a great physician who has helped both Morgana and I since we were young children, but according to Gwen things are not getting any better for Morgana.” Arthur explained to Gwaine.

Gwaine realized that was the reason he had not seen the Lady Morgana since the tournament. He immediately felt foolish for even giving her absence a second thought. After all she was a noble and aside from Arthur she was the next closest person to the King. Even if she had not been sick she was probably very busy and would not just be roaming about the castle.

“I am going to go ask Gwen how Morgana is doing. Why don’t you go eat and take the rest of the night off.” Arthur patted Gwaine on the back before running over to Morgana’s maid.

Just as he was told, Gwaine went and had some dinner and then took an evening stroll around the castle. Most of the servants had either gone home or were in their chambers already so the castle was quiet. Gwaine sat down on a ledge and bit into an apple, the crunch echoed through the candle lit halls and out into the court yard.

“Enjoying a little quiet time?”

Gwen was on her way out of the castle when she came around the corner and saw Gwaine sitting on the ledge staring out into the court yard. She did not know Gwaine very well, he was not as open as a few of the other Knights, but she knew he was a kind man.

“I saw you practicing with Arthur earlier. He says you are learning fast, and soon you will be out riding with him.”

“Oh did he now?” Gwaine replied with a grin. It was very rare that Arthur would complement someone so when Gwaine heard what Arthur had said he was flattered. “Well I suppose I have Arthur to thank for it”

“Arthur is a good teacher, and he really wants you to do well.”

Gwaine nodded to Gwen and took another bite of his apple. Gwaine may not have been a fan of Nobles, but he did have a great amount of respect for Arthur and the way he treated his people.

Gwen bowed her head and began to walk away when Gwaine stood up and ran after her. “Arthur said that the Lady Morgana is sick?” If anyone were to know how Morgana was it would be Gwen.

“She is. The doctor is not sure what is wrong with her. She has had a fever and been complaining of nightmares. I pretty sure she has not slept in over a month. Every morning I come in to find her sitting by her window shaking with fear.”

“What could possibly be making her that sick?” Gwaine asked. He had never heard of someone being so sick for so long.

“I am not sure, but the doctor gave me a potion to give to her so that maybe she will sleep better. I have just come from her chambers and she was asleep when I left.”

“Hopefully it works.” Gwaine concluded.

“Yes, I did not realize you and the Lady Morgana were so close.”

“Oh! No… we have just met a couple of times. Please give her my best wishes though.”

Gwen gave Gwaine a curious look, but then just nodded to him and watched as he walked away.