Sequel: Love is Magic
Status: No really editing has been done yet so I am aware there are many mistakes. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!

Change of Plans

The Flower

The cold wind whipped across Morgana’s clammy face as she opened her window and sat down in the chair next to it. She had been a sleep for less than an hour before the dreams took hold of her. It was one after another. They were brutal and heartbreaking dreams that were so realistic it made it hard for Morgana to tell the difference between her dreams and real life.

She knew there was something terribly wrong with her, but it was not some kind of a virus that could be healed with potions and medicines. She had felt this way for a while now. She did not know how to explain it. Just that something in her was different. She felt stronger and more powerful in a sense. When she tried to put it into words everyone just looked at her more confused than they were before. “If you are sick then how can you feel more powerful? That is a contradiction.” They would all say to her. She knew it did not make sense but it was the only way she could think to describe how she was feeling.

Feeling annoyed and irritated Morgana jumped up from her chair, grabbed her long red cloak and went out to the court yard. She had been cooped up in her bed chambers for weeks and with no sign of relief Morgana needed out. She needed to breathe in the fresh air, see the stars glistening above her, and listen to the crickets sing as the moon rose higher above her. She must have been sitting out there for ten minutes before she he was sitting on the other side of the court yard with his back to her.

A wave of embarrassment swept over her as she contemplated what to do. He most likely did not see her since his back was to her. So she could very easily return to her room and not worry about it anymore. As she stood there tell herself to walk away she tilted her head in hopes of getting a glimpse of his face.

“My Lady?”

He had seen her and Morgana knew there was no chance in leaving now. So she smiled and bowed politely. She awkwardly looked around the empty court yard searching for something to say. She tried to speak but her throat dried up as she watched an excited grin appear on his face.

“I have been waiting for you.” He said in a confident tone.

Morgana just looked at him confused and unsure how to respond. How was he to know she would come out to the court yard? Why would he want to see her anyway? Thankfully Morgana did not have to say a word because before she could do anything Gwaine had plucked a tiny white flower off of the tree next to them and handed it to her.

“I meant to give it to you after the tournament but you have been hiding away in your chambers. I suppose you are just too noble, too good to be seen socializing with a Knight.”

The sly grin spread across his face once more as Morgana took the small flower from him. She had not realized he was so sarcastic. Slowly she too felt a slight smile emerged from her lips as Gwaine danced around pretending to be a snobby Noble.