Take Me Home

006

Image


I had just gotten home from another exhausting day at work. I could hear the water running in the bathroom meaning that Connor was in the shower. She had been pestering me about attending Niall’s party with her from the moment I woke up. I felt somewhat honored that I was invited to party that was being thrown by an internationally known pop star but at the same time…it was Niall. I flopped onto my side of the bed. I was hoping I’d fall asleep before Connor had a chance to talk me into going with her.

Just as I was about to fall asleep Connor kicked the door open loudly, it scared me half to death. “Jesus Christ, Connor! I was sleeping!” I yelped and held my hand over my rapidly beating heart.

“You have to get ready for the party! Zayn is picking us up in three hours.” Connor chastised me. “Three.” she held her fingers up to emphasis the number of hours I had to get ready.

I rolled on to my stomach and my groans of protest into my pillow. “I’m tired. Let me sleep.”

“Lincoln. This is a party. A party being thrown by famous people…that we’re invited to and you’d rather sleep?”

“Give me like…one hour to sleep.” I answered through a yawn as I flipped back over to look at my friend.

“Get in the shower.” Connor demanded. “You smell like bread.” She placed her hands on her hips and gave me the same look my mother used to give me when I was being difficult.

I sighed louder than necessary and heaved my body up from the bed. “Why do you make me do these things?”

“You’ll thank me later.” Connor yelled after me. I rolled my eyes as I walked into toward the bathroom. I couldn’t say I was excited about attending the party but I was definitely interested in what the night would entail. I couldn’t say I ever partied with famous people before.

After I was showered and dressed in my normal attire of black skinny jeans and an oversized grandpa sweater, I assisted Connor with her makeup. “I’m so happy you decided to come.” Connor said as I swept grey eye shadow across her eyelids. I pulled back and pulled a face as she opened her eyes to get a look at me. “Okay, I’m happy you’re the best friend in the world and are allowing me to drag you to this party.”

“Better.” I grinned which made her shake her head. Connor was dressed in a simple black dress but it accentuated every curve of her body. She looked fantastic. “You look absolutely stunning.” I said with a nod as I stepped back to admire my work.

“You know, I have a dress you can wear…if you want.” Connor said, scanning my outfit quickly.

I looked down at my outfit. I knew it wasn’t really up to par but I felt comfortable in it. I was certain I would just blend into the background with my outfit choice and that’s what I was looking forward to doing, blending in and get entirely wasted. Pants were the only practical answer since I planned on getting so intoxicated that I’d be crawling across the floor by the end of the night.

“I’m-“

“I know…you’re comfortable in what you have on.” Connor recited. “I was just offering.” She held her hands up in defense.

I smiled “Thanks.”

Zayn picked us up right on time. It only took us about fifteen minutes until we arrived at what I assumed was Niall’s. “Are you sure it’s alright that I came?” I asked suddenly feeling very anxious about being at a party of this magnitude.

“Yeah it’s fine.” Zayn laughed as we stepped out of his shiny black car that probably cost more than my entire life was worth. “Niall wanted you to come. He thinks you’re hilarious.” Zayn added as he led us into Niall’s flat, camera’s flashed at us the entire walk inside. I scowled at the thought of Niall enjoying my company while detested his.

Once inside, I looked around much like the way Niall looked at our flat when he first entered. There were people everywhere and loud music was filling my ears along with chatter from everyone around us. I figured his place would be flashy and full of expensive things when in reality it looked almost bare. There were no signs of obvious wealth other than the huge television and numerous gaming consoles.

Somewhere between being introduced to the other three members of One Direction and Zayn and Connor being all over each other I got lost in the crowd of people. I decided that if I was going to spend the night with a bunch of strangers I might as well be drunk while I did it. I found myself in front of more alcohol than I’d ever seen in my life, I shrugged and went for a drink I knew. I grabbed a cup and filled it half with rum and half with Coke. I took a quick sip and after a few seconds of searching found a bottle of whipped vodka and decided that was exactly what I needed.

“Slow down there, champ.” Niall said suddenly appearing beside me. “The night has just begun.”

“Don’t tell me how to live my life.” I dead panned and downed the drink while Niall laughed loudly and began to make his own drink.

“I’m glad you came, Lincoln.”

I narrowed my eyes at him, wondering why on Earth he seemed to be so fond of me when I’ve done nothing but be a bitch to him. “Thanks?” I said but it came out as more a questions considering I had no idea how to respond to that.

Niall took a long drink of whatever he had just mixed together and leaned against the counter right beside me. “So where are you from?” I furrowed my brows at him, he had been at my flat the day before. “I mean originally…your accent is different.”

“Oh…uh…Georgia.” I replied trying to avoid eye contact with him. Making eye contact with anyone I hadn’t known for practically my entire life was impossible for me.

“Nice.” Niall commented.

I bite my lip just as I felt the alcohol began to hit me. My prayers for the awkward conversation to end were answered when someone screamed “Shots!”

Seemed like in a matter of seconds a shot glass was in my hand and I could feel the alcohol burning down my throat. I lost count of how many shots I had taken but before I knew it I was sitting on what I assumed was Niall’s bedroom floor as he and I we huddled around a laptop laughing our asses off at YouTube videos. It seemed like he more he laughed the more I laughed. We laughed at a stupid video of a talking cat so hard that tears were falling from my eyes and I couldn’t breathe.

“You are so drunk.” Niall commented once we had calmed down.

I began to crawl toward the door while I laughed. “I’m not even drunk. I am the most sober.”

“Can you even stand up?” Niall asked suddenly standing beside my crawling body.

“Help me.” I said in falsetto voice and help my hands up in the air until Niall grabbed my hands and pulled me up. “I think…I need another drink.” I said smiling goofily at Niall and reaching out to touch his hair.

I was the kind of drunk who went one of two ways. I was either the happiest person in the room who tried their hardest to make friends with everyone while violation their personal space or I would hide under a table and cry convinced that everyone hated me. That night I was the first of the two. Niall laughed again which made me go into a fit of giggles. “I think that’s the last thing you need right now. You can barely even stand.”

“You have the best laugh.” I told him, ignoring whatever he had said before. “Seriously. The best laugh.” I said leaning in close to his face to make sure he heard me. “Can we go get more drinks now?” I wondered and pushed my fingers through his hair again.

“Anything you want, love.” he purred and took my hand and led me to the kitchen. I noticed that there was a lot less people than there was when I first arrived. “What do you want?” Niall asked as we stood in front of the table full of alcohol.

“Anything.” I mumbled and buried my face into his chest because my head felt too heavy to hold upright. “I’m not picky.” I closed my eyes and listened to the sounds around me. I could hear music and people laughing. However the one thing I was most aware of was the way Niall’s arm wrapped around my waist while he made me a drink.

“You okay?” Niall laughed and I felt it vibrate though his chest.

I eagerly accepted the drink Niall handed me and sipped it slowly, oblivious to everything around me when Niall’s thumb was tracing small circles against my hip. “I’m drunk.” I confessed like it was some kind of deep dark secret.

“You are.” Niall confirmed with a smile.

“I just-I don’t even know.” I placed my hand on his chest and grabbed a handful of his white t-shirt to keep my balance. “Where’s Connor?”

“I haven’t seen her in a while.” I stared at Niall’s mouth while spoke, I wasn’t able to focus on any of the words he was saying. I was only slightly aware of him taking my hand and leading me though his flat as I did my best to finish the drink he had given me only a few seconds before. “Just stay here, I’m going to try to find her for you.” Niall said and pushed me lightly making me fall onto his sofa next to a guy I could recognize as another member of One Direction. For the life of me, I couldn’t remember his name.

“Look at your hair!” I squealed and reached out to tangle my fingers in the curls. “It’s so curly!” The guy next to me just smiled lazily at me, clearly just as drunk as I was.

“I can’t find her.” Niall appeared in front of me in what felt like three seconds.

“I wanna go home.” I informed Niall, staring up at him from my spot on the couch. In my intoxicated mind, not being able to locate Connor was the worst possible news I could hear. Instantly after hearing it, I wanted to leave. I bit my lower lip and tried to stop the tears from falling. “Take me home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for subscribing, commenting, and recommending! You guys are the sexiest.
The club can't even handle you right now.