Status: complete.

Escape

001.

Hands shaking with the rest of the girl's body as she tears at the grass around her, ruble from the decaying church surrounding her. She sits in the middle of the broken remains, tears stream down her face, dragging black lines of mascara down her angular cheeks. Sobs choke her throat and strangle her lungs, depression weighing heavily in her thoughts and settling fatigue on her body.

Slowly she allows herself to curl in, pulling her jean clad knees toward her chest, tucking her knees under her chin as her arms encircle her legs. She slowly lets her head tilt to the side, allowing blood shot, red eyes to close.

She jumps out of her resting position when she feels the feather light touch to her back. Slowly she lifts her head, eyes still bleary from tears. What her eyes see is the most unexpected person. A man with waving black hair and steel gray eyes smoldering above high cheekbones watches her intently - almost unidentifiable emotions swirling in the depths.

"What is a teenager such as yourself doing out here?" He questions, languidly sliding through the air to come sit next to her on the ground.

Her voice is constricted by the tight knot in her throat so she just shakes her head, returning her intense gaze at the ground. His voice is closer to her the next time he speaks, "There must be a reason you're out here in the middle of the night."

"It's none of your business," she whispers, her voice cracking intermittently on each word, tears garbling the sound.

She feels his hands slide over her skin, his finger stopping just below her chin to force her to look up at him.

"What if I want to make it my business?" He murmurs, watching her eyes, the almost dried tear streaks glistening in the silver moonlight. Not registering the cliché of his words, she falls into the depths of his eyes, her own emerald gems staring deep into his.

"Chad," she whispers back, a raw emotional edge to her tone, sorrow dripping off his name. He hushes her, his finger placed delicately over her lips.

"Shh, let me be your savior," he says lowly, his deep voice melodic and soothing.

"I'm not a damsel in distress," she murmurs back, trying to pull away from his magnetic eyes, his breath exploding over her lips with the proximity, her heart clenching and unclenching in an uneven pattern in her chest.

"No, but everyone needs an escape. Let me be that for you...let me be your escape." He rises from his spot on the ground and slowly opens his hand to her, palm up. Fingers skimming his, she slowly reaches out to him, knowing that once she accepts his hand her life will change.

"Help me," she whimpers, fingers sliding decidedly into his.

"With all my power."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow... It's been a while since I've posted anything on here.
I lost my way for a while, but I hope that I'm back on the right track to rediscovering my passion for writing.
My life is hectic, posts will be infrequent, but I've made it a personal goal to finish other stories.
One shots will come and one shots will go, but my writing passion will always stay the same. Hahahah.
Anyways, hope you enjoyed this small bit of drabble. I wrote it a while ago (I believe it was two years ago). Comment and let me know what you think. (: