Status: This is just a trial short, so please give me feedback.

Little Sock

Much Love in September

Who knew? Who really knew when I woke up that early September morning, I was going to open a chest of secrets? Secrets that could destroy my family, destroy my brother, and even me.

"Alena, come on, get up baby-girl. School isn't going to wait for you. I don't want my child to be dumb." Mama always had a smart-ass comment in the morning. Her name is Sadie Sokolov, a very prestigious business women in Newark. She always pushed my brother and I to be the best we could be. She went as far as sending my brother to Japan.

Now, speaking of my brother, his name is Sam Sokolov. "Come on, little sock." He would tease everyday through my door. I love that boy if anything happened to him I don't know what I'd do because he's not just my brother -he's my twin."Shut up!" I was wide awoke this particular morning, but I did not feel like moving. I just stared at the ceiling, daydreaming I guess. My mind was just scrambled with so many different thoughts that I just couldn't clear.

Mama swung open my door and yelled at this point, "Alena Jaye Sokolov! Get up now, so you can eat and get cleaned up." I sat up and rolled my eyes at her. "Mama, it too early for all the shouting." I climbed down my bunkbed to the floor and walked past her. " I wouldn't have to if you'd just listen to me when I called for you the first five times." For some damn reason every morning she finds the need to tickle and pick me up. "Mama! Stop! I'm going." I hurried down the stairs to the kitchen were Sam was already finishing up his cereal.

"It's about time. I was beginning to think you were going deaf or something, little sock." He has always had a smile that would light up the room and he knew how to make me smile. "Oh, hush you." I gave him a playful nudge as he went to put his bowl in the sink. At this point mama had put my whole wheat mini bagel and fruit cup on the table for me. "Thank you, mama." Sitting at the table, I nibble on my bagel. I wasn't a fan of the whole wheat diet I was on, but my nutrition doctor suggested it to mama, so I'm stuck.

"Baby come on and eat." As she says this, she walks to the back door and opens it like our golden retriever, Apollo, inside. He automatically walks over to me and lays his head on my thigh. "What is wrong, boy?" I gave him a piece of my bagel and pets his head. He is the reason I'm so small. All he ever does is eat, and i never really eat unless it's sugar.

I look at the clock, it reading 6:45 am. Perfect. Enough time to shower and do my hair, before 7:30. Getting up from the table, i run upstairs, with Apollo at my heels, to the bathroom. Finally, I had a morning with a free bathroom, no fighting and yelling, it was perfect. When i came out, Apollo was waiting. He walked me to my room and stopped at the door. "I'll be out soon." About 15 minutes later, I was out and looking fabulous. I decided to wear my grey jean vest with a clingy t-shirt and grey skinny jeans. Opening the door, I stood in front of Apollo, "What do you think?" He barked in approval as Sam came out his room. "Ew, you look pretty." She smirks and pet Apollo as he walks past. "Um, thank you, i guess." I just shake my head and grab my book bag heading back downstairs.

Mama was at the front door looking out for the bus as i came down. Sam stood next to her tapping his foot. "Mom, it's late. It should of been here like 2 minutes ago." Mama just chuckled and pats his head. "Everyone isn't on time like me." He smiles and suddenly points. "It's here!"

"Okay, Mama loves yall. Give me a hug." She pulls us both into her arms and hugs us tight as if she never see us again.
"Mama, the bus is going to leave..." She managed to say under being squashed to death.
"Oh, I'm sorry. Go on now. Come to the safe house after school!" She shouted after us as we both ran to the bus and boarded.

On the bus, I sat next to my best friend, Lisa. Lisa was one of those children who were extra smart beyond compare. Her mother and father, Patrick and Luciella, worked at the local police department and mama was always tense around them as if they were going to cuff her or something. "Hey Lisa. Did you finish the essay for Mr. Letcher's class?"
"Of course. It only took me about 30 minutes. What about you?"
"Just about I just need a closing paragraph." I pulled out my paper and hand it to her. She begin examining the paper. "Well, you need a stronger thesis for one, then you'll be able to close it properly." She always criticized what i didn't ask her about; it constantly made my face twitch too and she knew it.
"Oh, by the way, can you give this to Sam. It's his science lab report. He need help and i volunteered to help him." She gives me his paper and my own. "Wait a minute, you did Sammy's work for him?"
"Yes."
"Don't."
"Why not, he needed help...." I cut her off. "If he needed help you should of made him stay after school with you. Since I know you like him, this would help you spend more time with him." I winked at her and smiled, absolutely hating the idea of Sam and Lisa, but hey, soon enough she'll see she ain't his type.

The bus pulled up to school and released us off the bus. The Thomas O'Hara Middle School was always alive with different performing arts functions going on outside the building before school. I myself was a performing arts geek. I loved music; well writing it mostly. You'd never catch me singing to school.
"Alena, sweetheart!" That was Katlyn Harrmond. She was the best singer in the 7th grade and tried so hard to write lyrics for the spring musicals that the High School student do for us. "Do you think this song can be a musical song?" She was cute when she tried to seek my approval, but don't let that deceive you. "Katlyn, you can't write a song for a musical without know what the musical is about or the theme." I didn't bother looking at her paper and just walk past. I had her mumble something and then shout, "That is okay, I'll just ask your brother what he thinks." I froze in my tracks and spun around.
"What did you just say?"
"You heard me." I go to charge at her, but Sam suddenly comes up and stops me, turning me around back towards the school. "Let it go, Lens. Let's go to class." I give in and go with him, hearing the girl's laughing behind me.

You just gotta love September.
♠ ♠ ♠
~Okay this is my first time doing a big project like this, so your help will be appreciated.~