Under the Lights

01

She had never felt so alone in her life. A sad and heart broken Kylie lay on her bed, staring at the ceiling, over thinking anything that had occurred in the past week. It had been a Friday evening, after what seemed to be the longest week of her life.

At the mere age of 19, Kylie had already gotten a job that caused her to have to travel throughout the city of London, which enraged her now ex-boyfriend Scott. He sent her a text message after returning from a two-day trip, simply stating that it was over.

Kylie had to collect her things and move out immediately, having to find a friend to live with for some time until she found an apartment. Luckily, her best friend of eleven years, Lexi, was able to house her.

She came home from work to an empty flat, crashed onto her bed for the time being, and stared at the ceiling. She could picture Scott’s mouth telling her that it was over, which brought her to tears.

“Quit the crying,” Lexi said, standing in the doorway.

Kylie sprung up, tried to wipe her eye discreetly, and told her that she was not crying at all. However Lexi knew her all to well, and plopped down next to her.

“Oh Kylie, forget Scott. It’s a Friday night, we’ll go to the club and meet some sexy boys!” her best friend said.

Kylie was shaking her head, responding with “I can’t, I have work to do.” Lexi waved her off, saying that her excuses would not make a difference and she was going whether she liked it or not.

Lexi pulled Kylie up off the bed, and dragged her to see what was in her closet. Kylie had always had a great sense of fashion, allowing her to pick out the hottest outfits in the least bit of time.

Kylie and Lexi destroyed her already messy closet, pulling out anything they found. They had finally settled on what they would wear, and started to get ready. They fixed up their hair, threw on some light neutral make up, and slid on their shoes.

Lexi was resting her elbows on the breakfast bar when Kylie walked out of her room. Two shot glasses were set in front of her, and at the clack of Kylie’s heels she looked up.

“Hot mama!” Lexi said as she walked towards Kylie with the shots. Kylie gladly accepted the drink from her, clacked it together with Lexi, and let the cool liquor slide down her throat.

They exited their flat and awaited the elevator. Once arrived, the hottest boys from the floor had gotten of. They did a double take as Kylie and Lexi entered the elevator, signaling for the two girls to come over some time.

The two girls laughed as they traveled down eleven floors to the lobby. They slid into the cab, and were on their way to the hottest club in downtown London- The Funky Buddha.

Funky Buddha was known for their parties, and for their celebrity guests. Kylie had only ever been to the club once, which was where she met Scott.

Lexi could tell Kylie was getting antsy about the club.

“Hey, listen to me. You’re hot, forget Scott,” she said, comforting her best friend.

Kylie smiled at her best friend as they arrived at the club. They got out of the cab and Kylie grabbed onto Lexi’s arm. She led the through the crowd, skipping to the front. Oh, the perks of having a friend who knows everyone, Kylie thought.

They slid past security and walked into the club. The music was booming through speakers, while cliques of people stood towards the sides. The dance floor was buzzing with people dancing. Kylie took it all in, remembering how much fun she had here before.

Lexi led Kylie to the bar, where the tender already knew what --- had wanted.

“And who is this?” the bartender said to Lexi, looking at Kylie up and down.

“This is Kylie, she’s my best friend. Isn’t she hot?” she replied, and Kylie punched her arm.

The bartender chuckled and tilted his head, “Yeah she is, what can I get for you love?”

Kylie smiled at the words of the tender, and ordered a girly fruity drink infused with vodka. The waiter got to making it immediately, and handed both Kylie and Lexi drinks over.

The tender winked at Kylie as she walked away, and Kylie blew a kiss to him. The two friends walked through the club, looking for a booth to sit at. They finally found one and sat down.

Kylie sipped her drink while she bopped her head to the music. Lexi had found focus on a man on the other side of the club. She called him over to her, and he walked closer and closer to the table. He stopped at the bar, and walked the remainder of the way with three shots in his hand.

“Good evening, ladies. Care for a shot?”

Lexi smirked, and took two off of his hands and handed one to Kylie. “Bottoms up,” she said, while the three downed the shot.

The man, who introduced himself as Andy, sat down next to Lexi. The two got to talking and kept inching closer. Kylie started to feel the third wheel effect, which happened quite often while around her best friend. She excused herself to the bar, and took a seat in front of the hot tender.

“Well, well, look who’s back.” Kylie brushed a stray strand of hair behind her ear and ordered a drink. She sipped on the drink while the tender, who’s name was Max, tended to the other guests. She turned her stool around towards the floor when she found a dark set of eyes fixed upon her.

Kylie had never been looked at like this before. She turned her head around, to see if there was someone behind her. She then remembered it was only the bar, and that he was actually staring at her. She held the straw to her drink in her hand, and sipped slowly.

The dark figure, who was leaning on a wall, kicked off and began to walk towards her. The bartender, who spotted this, fixed two shots up for Kylie and the mystery man. The man had finally gotten to Kylie. He spoke, his thick accent going right through Kylie.

“Is this seat taken?” he said, pointing at the stool next to Kylie.

She patted down on the stool, motioning for the man to sit with her. Max brought the two shots over, and slid one in front of Kylie and the man. Max said “On the house,” as he winked at Kylie.

Kylie and the man snatched the drinks up simultaneously. They clinked their glasses together, and drank it down. Both Kylie and the man exhaled from the cool drink, and he ordered another round.

“I didn’t get your name, love.” he said.

“Kylie,” she replied, putting her hand out.

“Ah,” he said, taking her hand, “a beautiful name matched with a beautiful girl.”

Kylie was buzzing. She could not stop staring at his light brown eyes, and picturing herself running her fingers through his thick black hair. His tattooed body was making Kylie hot, as she was simply obsessed with tattoos. She knocked herself out of her daze, and took her hand back.

“And you are?” she said, seductively as possible.

“Oh, right,” he said. “I’m Zayn.”

Zayn. Kylie thought. That name sounds quite familiar.

“Zayn, huh? Sounds quite familiar to me.” she said, as Max came with the next round of shots.

“Well I don’t think we’ve met before,” Zayn said, running his own fingers through his hair.

“What a shame,” Kylie said, before throwing back her shot.

Zayn chuckled at Kylie, trying to mask his apparent feel for her. Those blue eyes, that perfectly straight blonde hair, I must have her. Zayn snapped out of it, when he heard Kylie clack her shot on the bar.

Zayn threw his back and set his down next to Kylie. He got up off the stool, which confused the now tipsy Kylie.

Zayn turned to face Kylie as he held out his hand to her.

“Want to dance?” he asked, his voice super eager to have her body against his.

Without thinking, Kylie looked down the bar to Max, who was shooing her in Zayn’s direction. She slid off her stool, put her hand in Zayn’s and walked towards the floor.

Finally, Kylie thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a start.
Xx