Landfill

Weirdo.

Ryan woke me up, kissing my shut eyelids. I loved when he did that. I always love everything he does.

"Wake up, Nick." He whispered into my ear. "I think our new dependent misses you."

I smiled, my eyes opening, "Little Jimmy, where is he?"

Ryan pointed towards his kitty bed, trying to climb off. I sat up and got off the couch, stretching, "What time is it?" I asked as I made my way over to Jimmy.

"It's 10. I gotta go to work in 30 minutes."

I picked up Jimmy, "I hate that you work."

Ryan chuckled, "You'll get tired of me if they ever fire me."

I kissed his cheek, "No I would not."

He smiled, "I'm sure you would. I'm boring."

"I call bullshit, you're a lot more fun than I am."

Ryan got up, he and I walked to the kitchen. "You're not boring, you're just a home body."

I sat at the table, Ryan put Jimmy's water and food bowl on the floor. I set Jimmy down and let him have at the water and food. Ryan got two bowls out and cereal; he was feeling lazy today. It's funny how I knew his habits of movement and the things he does. He grabbed milk and everything else and sat with me at the table.

"I'm gonna bring takeout tonight," Ryan said as we began to eat, "So, I might be late."

"It's fine. You don't have to cook all the time." I told him after swallowing my cereal.

"I know that, but you need nutrients, Nikki."

I gave a roll to my eyes, "Now you sound like my mom."

Ryan smiled, "I'm taking care of you, honey."

"I appreciate it." I told him.

The two of us ate, without another word. We relished in comfortable silence. I was upset, only a bit, when he got up; he had to leave. He came over to me, lent down and kissed my forehead, "I love you."

I kissed his lips quickly, "Love you."

I was afraid to say I Love You fully. I wanted to, but I just couldn't. I hoped he wouldn't have noticed.

"I'll be back at 3, y'know," he smiled, "You need anything?"

I shook my head, "Nah, I have to call Molly. I got a few ideas."

"That's good, right?" He asked.

"I think so," I gave a small shrug, "We'll see."

Again, Ryan kissed me, "I'm gonna go brush my teeth and change and then I have to go."

I frowned, "I wish you were a millionaire."

He gave a me confused look, "Why?"

"So you could just stay with me."

He chuckled, "I could live off you, but I'm not 13 and I wouldn't want an allowance." He began to pull his t-shirt off, "Besides, I love you too much to use you."

I bit at my lip at him, watching him leave the kitchen shirtless. I have a little fascination with the tattoos on the back of his arms that made no sense. He said he got them for no particular reason, other than that they looked cool. I liked them, they're cute; I love the ones on his wrists; Mad as a Hatter, Thin as a Dime, from the Tom Waits song. Ryan is an oddball, and that's all the more why I fell in love with him.

I got up, picking up Jimmy, and went into the hall, listening to him change. He hummed a song, and I went in, and leaned against the door frame. He looked up at me, his large doe eyes questioning my presence. He came over, quick steps and stood in front of me, "What's up?" He asked curiously.

I shook my head and wrapped an arm around him. I didn't get what was going on with me, but I was intoxicated -drunk off love and feeling. I just wanted to kiss Ryan and only be with him; I pressed my lips to his and kissed him softly, until it gradually grew, causing Jimmy to mewl.

Ryan pulled back, "Finish this later," he spoke hesitantly, "I'll be thinking about you all day."

"I can't say that I'm sorry."

Ryan laughed quietly, "You don't have to be, sweetheart."

He gave me a small kiss on my forehead, and I stepped back, "I'll clean up my room to busy myself."

Ryan's hand cupped my jaw, his thumb rubbing the apple of my cheek, "Just write."

I smirked, "Oh, I will."


I hated being by myself. Now that Ryan arched his way into my small life, I couldn't handle being by myself for too long. Lisa droned on about me getting attached, and Elaine laughed at my gushy feelings. I had no choice but to play with Jimmy and write a little bit. I did call Molly, and she hated the fact that I was writing about love.

"We were hoping for gory." Molly said as I lay upside down on my bed, head towards the floor.

"Gore? Really? And who is, We?" I asked, letting Jimmy paw at my stomach.

"The publishers. The people who wrote your checks."

"Yeah, well, I'm older now and I found a wonderful guy."

Molly laughed, "I'm happy for you, but are you sure about this?"

"Positive. Maybe it'll be a romantic thriller," I proposed, "I'm unsure at the moment, Moll."

"Okay, we'll see," she let out a small sigh, "How much have you written?"

"A little over three chapters."

"That's good. So, who is this new guy?"

"This scrappy young guy name Ryan. He's... Amazing." I giggled, rolling my eyes at my way of speaking like a little girl.

"Oh gosh, you're acting like a girl."

"I am a girl."

"I mean, a school girl, Nikki."

"Whatever, I love him." I murmured absentmindedly.

Molly laughed, "I'm happy for you, Nikki."

"Thanks--" I was cut off by the door opening, "He's here. I gotta go."

Molly, again, laughed, "Alright, Nikki. Talk to you later."

"Bye, Moll." I hung up just as Ryan came in. He smiled at me from the door way, "Hey, hon."

He turned his head a bit, "What're you doing, Nick?"

"I was talking to Molly."

Ryan kicked his shoes off and came over, and laid on the bed. He sat me up, letting me lay my head on his lap, "Got a headache?"

"No, I'm fine." I answered as I pet Jimmy, "I can't believe how much I missed you today. I'm a weirdo."

Ryan smiled, "I missed you, too."

He leaned down and kissed me, his hand taking hold of mine. He pulled back a moment later, "We're both weirdos, then." I said with a small sigh.

"I'm glad to be a weirdo."
♠ ♠ ♠
Slow but steady, right?
A time skip may come, just don't know exactly when

Thanks for reading :)