Landfill

Sign

It was early December, with the weather getting colder at night, but still warm in the mornings. I slept quietly, listening to some people outside argue over a fender bender. Ryan came into my room, shutting the window and climb into the bed.

"I know you're awake." He whispered against my neck.

"Yeah, so?" I looked back at him, "We don't got shit to do today. Right?"

He hummed, "Nope, I'm off today."

I snuggled up against him, smiling, "You're all mine today."

"Yep." He kissed my shoulder. "I was suppose to help Brendon wrap gifts, but fuck it."

"You're my boyfriend, not his."

Ryan laughed, "I'll be sure to tell him that."

"Where's Jim?"

"He's in his bed for once."

I giggled, "Oh, leave our baby alone. You're always in my bed, too."

"Yeah, but I'm your boyfriend, not Jimmy."

I rolled over and wrapped my arms around his neck. Ryan kissed my lips, and I pulled back; "I should brush my teeth."

Ryan shook his head, "You're good."

"Not-Uh."

"Yes, you are. You smell just fine."

I pressed my lips to his, "Thanks."

Ryan ran his hand up my side, and beneath my t-shirt, resting his hand in my rib. "Can we stay in bed all day?"

"Yep."

Ryan buried his face against my neck, his facial hair's stubble scraping my skin. I ran my hands up to his shaggy hair, tugging at the ends. Ryan flipped onto his back, pulling me on top of him; I placed my legs on either side of him and sat up. Ryan quickly as up, too, kissing me on my lips, hard and deep. My heart was in my throat, but I didn't pull away; I loved it.

His hands ran up my stomach, holding me just under my bra. I sighed against his mouth, rocking my hips against his. Ryan shivered and growled under his breath, "We doin' this for real?" He asked curiously.

I didn't know what to say. I licked my lips and met his eyes. They were dark and large, as usual, but with curiosity looming in the pools of chocolate brown. "I don't know."

Ryan's hands settled on my hips, "If you don't want to, it's okay."

I swallowed thickly, "I want to... I'm just nervous."

I finally let my mouth take control. I didn't want to think too much anymore. I just wanted to be comfortable and not let my brain run my life.

"What're you nervous about?"

"I never did anything like that before. You're the first person to touch me like this." I spoke meekly, almost embarrassed about how inexperienced I was.

"I'll help you through it, Nick. I'm not gonna hurt you."

I swallowed again, nodding slowly, "Okay."

With my heart thumping unmercifully in my chest, Ryan pulled his shirt over his head. I mimicked his action, tossing my shirt to the floor with his. I placed my hands on the hook of my bra and unhooked it; Ryan watched me as I removed my bra and let my breast free. I sucked in a breath, blinking as Ryan leant forward and kissed my exposed chest, down to my breast. My eyes rolled back, out of pure arousal, I almost fell short of breath.

And, once again, there was banging on the door just as Ryan got lower. We both sighed; I looked down, Ryan looked at the door. Continuous banging, and Ryan groaned, "Just one second, babe."

I climbed off of Ryan, and heard Brendon shout his name, "Ryan! Ry, this is very important, man!"

Ryan went out of my bedroom, opening the door, "What the fuck do you want?"

Brendon stepped in and again, he whispered. The two spoke real quiet as I sat on the bed and waited. I found my nerve unwinding as I waited; knowing that I probably wouldn't have the guts to go through it again.

Finally, Ryan came back into the room, though I didn't hear the door open or close. Ryan came towards the bed, grabbing his shirt from the floor, "I'm really sorry, Nick, but I got to go. I'll be back."

"Wait," I grabbed his arm, "Where are you going?"

"My boss just went to the hospital, and his son needs me to come into the shop. He called Brendon because apparently my phone is off." He dug into his pocket and pulled out his phone.

It was off.

I frowned, "Oh. When will you be back?"

"Just till 2. We close early. Don't worry, I'll be back." He kissed my forehead, "I'll make it up to you."

I smiled, "Okay. Love you."

He smiled, "Love you, too."

I grabbed my bra, listening to Ryan leave with Brendon. I got out of bed and pulled my shirt off the floor and over my head. I went into the bathroom, to wash up.

God, I missed Ryan already.

•••

The few hours I was home alone, I had cleaned up an had gone down to the laundromat and washed some clothes. I was stuffing some of Ryan's jeans into the wash, and checking his pockets like I usually do to. My hand went inside the front pocket and I felt a crumpled piece of paper. I pulled it out, ready to throw away when I saw figured of money on the outside.

I opened up the paper, unfolding it, smoothing away the crumpled lines. It read $$$ Sold. I raised a brow and saw figured of thousands of dollars, leading up and down throughout a series of days. I wondered what it meant; it looked as if Ryan was running some sort business. I knew his handwriting; I also felt like I was invading his privacy.

I quickly tossed the paper out and continued to stuff clothes into the washer, like Ryan had showed me to properly do. I finished that up and returned upstairs to wait until the washer had finished. All the extra time, I picked up some stuff and wrote a little bit from we're i had left off.

By the time Ryan had come home, I had finished the clothes and was eating cereal. I turned my head as he came in, noticing he didn't look too happy. "You okay?" I asked him.

Ryan nodded, "I... I'm fine."

He went off to the bathroom, turning on the faucet. I continued eating until he came back in. He sat down, and I looked up at him; I saw that his jaw was tight, and he was breathing in deeply. "Ryan..."

I looked at him intently, his eyes were dark and not the soft orbs I knew so well. He lifted his hand, and swallowed thickly, "I got into a fight."

I looked at his hand, seeing it was swollen and had cuts on the knuckles. I put my bowl down, swishing some milk out of it and getting some on the coffee table. I sat on my knees and looked at his hands, "Who did you get in a fight with?" I questioned frantically.

He sighed, "This punk... He was shoplifting and I caught him. He tried to hit me, so I hit him. He hit me in the gut, but I'm okay."

I looked over at his right hand, "How many times did you hit him?"

"Just a few times. He left without taking anything."

Ryan spoke so nonchalantly, it was as if it wasn't anything major. I looked up at him again, seeing the empty pit that were his eyes. Nothing; just blank.

"When did this happen?" I asked, rubbing my thumb over his swollen knuckles.

"An hour ago. I'm fine." His eyes grown tender again.

I sighed, frowning, "Geez, it's like you got a giant Kick My Ass sign over your head, babe."

Ryan smiled, "Yeah, but I can handle it."

I rubbed his hand, "So, if we started to mess around again, will we be interrupted?"

Ryan smirked, "Even if we are, I'm not answering the door."

I stood up, "C'mon then, Jimmy's busy."

Ryan's eyes grew wide, standing up with me. I bit my lip as I led him to my bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Brendon always shows up at the worst times.
Also, I think I'm terrible at foreshadowing...