Status: WIP

A Stark and a Demi

Stark Tower

I was sat in Stark Towers waiting for Akilah to return from base. She had been kept there because of a “secret meeting” with some important people. Yeah, she told me just about everything which gave me the edge at work. Not that I needed it, I was a good agent and Fury respected that. Still, know one was supposed to know about it.
Well, being a teenager, I had homework. Yep, I had great grades and still managed to save that world a few times a week. Akilah is different. She never has homework, she does it all in class.
I was sat staring at my homework as Kilah walked through the door, and therefore I got defend by her shout of “DADDY!!!” She ran, probably to his workshop, to give him a “hug” (rugby tackle). I took this as my signal to go into the kitchen and grab my customary Apple Tango and Galaxy Cookie. I took them into the living area and settled back down with my maths homework (great!).
Akilah and her father came in while I sat glaring at the paper. He said something about going somewhere and not doing something, but I just put my hand up and continued staring.
“Kilah, come here please. You know how much I HATE maths” I said. When she ignored me I looked up.
Great, she’s trying to lock Pepper out again.
“Kilah!!” I shouted.
“What?” she said, rounding on me.
“Homework. Maths. Help.” I said.
“Let me order the pizza.” She said.
“Hawaiian please!!” I said over the rest.
“It’s ordered” Akilah said, coming back over. Just then, Jarvis (the computer. Yes, the computer!) said “There is someone at the door”
“Yay, pizza’s here. Go answer it” Akilah said.
“If you do my homework.” I replied
“No, that’s cheating. Jarvis can do it.” She said, grinning.
“So long as it’s done.” I said, walking to the door.
When I finally got to the ground floor, it was not pizza waiting for me. It was Pepper.
“Hey, Virginia, Mr. Stark is out, but Akilah and me are upstairs.” I said.
“Good to see you, Kenna.” She said.
I got into the elevator and she came in next to me. Kilah is not going to be happy. The lift journey was silent except for the initial greetings. After a few minutes, the lift opened on an expectant Akilah and I could see I was right.
“Don’t shoot” I shouted, making her storm off. “You’re ignoring me, right?” Kilah went into her room and slammed the door shut. This was going to be a fun night. I could hear music blasting from her room, her usual “I’m angry” playlist.
About 5 minutes later, Stark returned. I decided to pack up my homework and vacate the area to leave him and Pepper to what ever they planed. Just as I was making my way to Akilah’s room, I heard Jarvis tell Stark that Agent Coulson was on the phone.
“I’m not in.” Stark said. “I’m actually out.” I then decided to join Akilah on the sofa (she had sneaked back in to get a drink), guessing what this would be about.
“Sir, I’m afraid he’s insisting.” Jarvis said as Stark’s suit was removed.
“It’s fine Jarvis, I’ve got a date.” He said.
“Levels are holding steady; I think.” Pepper said as Stark walked in.
“Of course they are, I was directly involved. Which brings me to my next question; how does it feel to be a genius?” Stark asked Pepper. Kilah scoffed next to me.
“Well, huh, I really wouldn’t know now, would I?” Pepper said.
“What do you mean? All of this, came from you.” He said.
“No; all of this came from that.” Pepper said, tapping the thing that kept Stark alive.
“Give yourself some credit, please. Stark tower is your baby. Give yourself, 12% of the credit.” Stark said.
“12%” Pepper replied, sounding unimpressed.
“An argument could be made for 15…” Stark started. They started arguing then, so I tuned out again, especially seen as Kilah was now poking me. They sat down next to us and poured some champagne, which they didn’t offer to either me or Kilah (I think she was extremely miffed at that).
“Sir, the telephone. I’m afraid my protocols are being over ridden.” Jarvis chimed in. Kilah started giggling.
“Stark, we need to talk.” Coulson said over the phone.
“You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark, please leave a message.” Stark said.
“Stark, this isn’t funny. It’s urgent.” Coulson said. I had turned around on the sofa and noticed that the lift was coming up.
“Then leave it urgently.” Stark replied. I started poking Kilah. When she turned around to see what I wanted I pointed to the lift. Just then the doors opened to reveal Coulson with his phone to his ear while carrying a mission briefing and… our pizza.
“Security breach!” exclaimed Stark. “It’s on you.”
“PIZZA!” Akilah yelled, jumping up and going to snatch the boxes off Coulson. “The other pizza guy was cuter.” I burst out laughing.
“Stark” Coulson said.
“Phil, come in.” Pepper said, getting up and walking over.
“Phil…” Stark said.
“I can’t stay.” Coulson said.
“His first name is agent.” Stark said. I turned around in my seat to follow the conversation.
Akilah sat down next to me to whisper a question into my ear “Do you think…?” she asked.
“Tesseract” I whispered.
“Come in; we’re celebrating.” Pepper informed Coulson.
“That’s why he can’t stay.” Stark mumbled.
“Need you to look this over, as soon as possible.” Coulson said, getting down to business.
“I don’t like getting handed things.” Stark protested.
“Well, that’s good because I love to get handed things. So, let’s trade” Pepper said, seeing that is was important. She took the brief off of Coulson, handing him her glass of champagne. She then took Stark’s glass and handed him the brief.
“Consulting hours are between eight and five every other Thursday.” Stark said, still trying to get out of it.
“This isn’t a consultation.” Coulson insisted.
“Is this about the Avengers; which I know nothing about?” Pepper said quickly. Both me and Kilah had to stop ourselves laughing at that; we knew what Fury was planning.
“The Avengers Initiative was scraped. And anyway, I thought I didn’t qualify.” Stark said.
“I didn’t know that either.”
“And apparently I’m volatile, self obsessed, don’t play well with others.” Stark continued.
“That I did know.” Pepper said.
“This isn’t about personality profiles anymore.” Coulson said.
“Really. Miss. Pots, you got a sec.” Stark called. Both me and Pepper walked over to Stark. He knew that I was a part of SHIELD, so it was okay for me to have a look.
“I was having twelve percent of a moment.” I caught Pepper say as I got closer. “This seems serious. Phil is shaking.”
“How would you know? And since when is he Phil?” Stark asked.
“What is all this?” Pepper said, looking down at what was on screen.
Stark turned back to the brief. “This is, um, this.” He said, putting the information up on screen in front of him. It was profiles on the Avengers along with information related to the Tesseract. I shot Kilah a look and motioned for her to leave.
“I’m going to take the jet to D.C tonight.” Pepper said.
“No tomorrow.” Stark said.
“You have homework. You have a lot of homework.” Pepper replied.
“But what if I didn’t.” Stark retorted.
“Daddy, you should really do this, it might lead to you saving the world… again” Akilah said. I guessed she just wanted Pepper gone.
“If you didn’t, you mean if you finish, well, um then…” I missed the rest as she leaned into to whisper it in Stark’s ear.
“Square deal.” Stark said, and then they kissed (really awkward). I heard Kilah making choking noises on her way to her room.
“I’ll give you a hand with all of this, Mr. Stark.” I said.
“Kenna, its Tony.” He replied.
“If Kilah will do my homework.” I continued.
“Work hard.” Pepper said as she walked off, leaving me and Stark to it.
*
It took a while, but Stark and I finally finished going through the files. Obviously I was not included in it, but it didn’t matter. I also filled him in with some other stuff that was not in the brief. Once we had done, Kilah came back out and went into the kitchen. I could see what was coming next a mile off.
“FOOD FIGHT!” Kilah shouted, finding her first target; her father. The pizza crust flew through the air, hitting him on the back of the head.
Next thing I knew, Akilah had pulled me behind the sofa, while Stark and his army of robots pelted us with food (where did they get that from?).
“I learnt from the last time Kenna slept over” he shouted over the food.
“You are going to pay!” I yelled, making a break for the kitchen to get food. Akilah got the message and followed. “Divide and conquer!”
*
Hours later saw us all sat in front of a food covered TV eating ice cream, all the food in the tower covering the walls and ceiling. I don’t know which of us looked worse, but Stark still had pizza stuck to the back of his head (nice throw Akilah).
“Well, I’m gonna shower and go to bed, since me and Kenna are going to have a long day ahead of us.” Akilah said, getting up.
“I’m sorry sweetie; I’ll make it up to you.” Stark called after her.
“Be there in a minute!” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Brackets may get confusing as it is a conversation between my Kenna and Kilah.
Italics=Kenna
Bold=Kilah