Status: WIP

A Stark and a Demi

Gala

I sat glaring at the stylists. Just a few minutes before they had shaken me awake, and now they were doing the same to Akilah. She sat up and I could tell that our expressions were identical. I felt half sorry for them, having to face both of us at once.
They dragged us to our feet and into the bathroom. There we were scrubbed until we were squeaky clean. They even had the cheek to try to put spray tan on me. To say one of them nearly ended up with a knife in there chest is putting it mildly.
Next we were brought to a makeshift makeup studio set up in the living room (which had been cleaned. HOW?!). They did our makeup and then moved on to out hair. Why are they so stupid? They must have realised that they were pulling too hard.
Six hours after we had got up, we were put into our dresses (was it really 8pm?). Finally the torture was over and we could go.

We were fashionably late (2 hours to be exact). I felt so uncomfortable. I had an ice blue, backless dress on with a high neckline. My shoes were only an inch heel, but I still felt wobbly. At least I got to chose my own hair style, my customary half up, half down and around my neck I wore the wolf pendant my mother had given me.
Kilah hadn’t gotten away too lightly either. She was wearing a black and white dress with a white bust. The dress was a line and strapless. She also had heals on, but hers were 3 inch. Her hair was down and she had a black rose pinned on the side. She also wore a thick gold necklace.
We were greeted by the host in German. He wouldn’t stop talking, but I didn’t mind, I couldn’t understand a word. He said something and then left. I looked expectantly at Akilah.
“Don’t worry, he was just saying how thankful he is for us to be here. Boring.” She whispered. “Champagne?”
“Please. This is going to be a long, uncomfortable night.” I replied, Akilah pulling me away. (This was more her scene than mine)

We finally found a waiter and we both grabbed a glass. I was just about to take a sip when I saw movement on the stairs.
“Shit, we have company.” I said. “Why do we never get a peaceful night?”
“Wow, if your swearing this must be dangerous. I’ll go warn people, you start to evacuate.” With that, Kilah walked off.
I agree, it was a good idea. I started telling people to get out, but they just looked at me strange. By the Gods, where is a fire alarm when you need it? Finally, someone cottoned on and started screaming. Too late did I realise that it was because of a certain god. (Loki, his name is Loki Kenna) (I know) (Then use it!) (I was creating suspense. Leave me alone!) (No!)
People crowded around Loki, frozen in surprise. I could see that Loki (Happy now!) (Moderately) had one of Kilah’s sais in his hand, and Kilah was just about to throw another one. He knocked that aside with his staff and came up to her. I saw her put the staff to her chest. He then grabbed a man that had just stood there dumb founded and pushed him onto a sacrificial alter (very ironic) (for once, I agree). Loki put something to the man’s eye and he started screaming.
It seemed that everyone could now perfectly understand me, so I directed everyone outside and into the square opposite. Unfortunately, I was then swept along with the tide of people I was herding.
Loki came out, now in his Asgardian form, with Kilah clinging onto him. The police had finally decided to make an appearance, not that they could do much. Loki easily flipped a car, causing more panic, and I ended up being dragged into the middle of the crowded square.
“Kneel before me.” Loki shouted to the crowd. Around the square, images of Loki appeared, frightening everyone. We were trapped.
“I said, KNEEL!!” Loki shouted. I knelt, signalling for those around me to do the same. I needed time to think of a way out of this. Unfortunately, things were decided for me.
“Is not this simpler?” Loki said, staring to move through the crowd. “Is this not your natural state? It’s the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subrogation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life’s joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel.”
Loki had been walking in my direction, so I kept my head bowed as low as possible, trying not to be seen. Because of this, I noticed a man just behind me start to stand up. (Shit, my week just kept getting better and better.)
“Not to men like you.” The man said.
Loki laughed. “There are no men like me.” He said.
“There are always men like you.” The man replied.
“Look to your elder people.” Loki said, pointing his spear at him. Just then, like the idiot I am, I decided to stand up. (I would have too, if I wasn’t held prisoner by a mad thing) (Don’t let him hear you say that!) (He’s heard me say/sing/hum/think worse about him)
“End this now; no more people have to die.” I said, summoning my bow and notching an arrow.
“What’s this? A child to the rescue.” Loki taunted.
“Yeah, a child that can kick your ass. Please don’t squeeze my arm!” Kilah shouted, finishing in a whimper.
“You’re not welcome here, Loki son of Fárbauti. Tell us where the Tesseract is and then leave this world in peace.” I said, trying to keep my voice level.
Loki laughed again. “Let these be an example.” He said, firing at us both. Just then, Captain American decided to show his face (lucky me!). He jumped between me and Loki, deflecting the energy blast with his shield, causing Loki to fall to the ground.
“You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everyone else we ended up disagreeing.” Cpt. said. The people around us now all started to get to their feet slowly.
“The soldier.” Loki said, getting to his feet. “The man out of time.”
“I’m not the one who’s out of time.” Cpt. replied. Just then, I jet came to hover overhead. I could see that Kilah was going to end up in the middle of a fight, but at least Loki seemed to have loosened his grip on her.
“Loki, drop the weapon and stand down.” Black Widow said over a loud speaker.
“Anyone bring their champagne with them by any chance?” she asked, “No. Okay.”
Loki fired at the jet, which easily dodged the blast. Cpt. threw his shield at Loki, which hit him square in the chest. Captain broke into a sprint. Loki threw Kilah backwards, seeming determined to keep her. I needed to get to her, especially seen as she had been thrown into a statue.
The Captain and Loki started exchanging blows. All of the civilians quickly got the message and scattered, leaving a clean place for them to fight. Whenever the fight moved, Loki moved Kilah with him (By the Gods, he can be frustrating!). By now I had realised I was not going to get to Kilah (took you long enough) (at least I was trying!), especially as I had to keep moving behind Cpt. to keep from ending up too close to Loki.
The Captain was getting beaten, his fighting was off and he was clearly out of practice. Loki was starting to get the upper hand and I was becoming frustrated with not being good with hand to hand combat.
Cpt. had just been thrown by Loki, who walked over to him and forced his head down with the butt of his spear. “Kneel” Loki ordered.
“Not today!” Cpt. said, knocking it aside and sending a kick at Loki.
Just then I heard familiar music coming from the jet’s loud speakers. I could hear singing coming from Kilah, which at least meant she was alright. Stark flew down then and I could tell that the fight was over as he knocked Loki down.
“Make a move, reindeer games.” Stark said, activating a lot of cool explosives.
Kilah ran over screaming “DADDY!” just as Loki raised his hands. Cpt. wandered over and stood beside him.
“Good move” Stark said, losing the weapons and taking a step back as Loki changed out of his Asguarding form.
“Mr Stark.” Cpt. acknowledged.
“Captain.” Stark said.
I walked over to the four of them. “Mind if I get a lift back with you?” I asked.
“Daddy, may I pretty please with a cherry on top come with you because I don’t want to go home and be on my own, with only a computer to keep me company for I don’t know how long.” Pleaded Kilah, giving her puppy dog eyes, “Come one, daddy. I’ll even baby sit the God. No promises I won’t annoy it/him… it.”
“Okay, but you have to have a baby sitter” Starke said, giving in.
“But Daaaaaad… fine” Kilah said, after a glance at Loki. He was switching between glaring at Kilah and staring at me. I think he was trying to work out who I was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Brackets may get confusing as it is a conversation between my Kenna and Kilah.
Italics=Kenna
Bold=Kilah