Status: WIP

A Stark and a Demi

Secret

On the plane, I tried to sit as far away from Loki as possible. I would have preferred that he didn’t know who I was. Kilah sat right next to Loki, so I ended up sat on my own.
I was too busy trying not to catch Loki’s eye to hear what Kilah was saying, but I caught “Is there another pilot?”
“Yes.” I instantly replied, “What!?”
The two Starks and me looked at each other and then rushed over to peer into the control room (Think comedy above each other). After seeing the pilot, the Starks went back to their seats and I turned to join them, before spinning straight back around again.
“Who are you?” I asked.
“Ahhh! Something touched my leg!” Screamed Kilah. I quickly spun around and found her sat in Loki’s lap.
“Why?” I asked.
“Closest solid scary…” she didn’t get to finish due to a missive clap of thunder.
Great, more Gods. I thought.
“Where’d this come from?” I heard Black Widow mutter.
“What’s the matter; scared of a little lightening?” Captain mocked, seeing Loki look nervous.
“I’m not overly found of what follows.” Said Loki, trying to push Kilah off (She has a very good grip!).
“Does that mean that this is not a natural storm and that the thing, dude that you told me about is coming?” Kilah asked.
“Shut up Kilah!” I said, “In coming!”
BANG!
“Here we go” I muttered, sitting down and trying not to be seen.
Stark and Cpt. put their masks on. Stark then walked over and opened the rear. Thor landed on that and walked in. Stark went to blast him, but Thor knocked him back and into the Captain. I only just managed to dodge getting my legs crushed. Thor then grabbed Loki and led him out of the back, not realising that Kilah was still attached.
“No no no no no no no!” Kilah was repeating really high. Thor took off, and I assume Kilah activated her suit rather than plummet to death.
“And now there’s that guy.” Stark muttered.
“Another Asgardian?” Black Widow asked.
“Yes; Thor, god of thunder, lightening and strength.” I said.
“Those guys are friendly?” Cpt. asked.
“It doesn’t matter; if he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract is lost.” Stark stated.
“Stark we need a plan of attack…” Cpt. said.
“I have a plan; attack.” Stark replied, before flying after Loki.
Cpt. looked around, before turning and grabbing a parachute. “I’d sit this one out Cap.” Black Widow advised from the cock pit.
“I don’t see how I can.” He replied.
“These guys come from legend, they are basically gods.” She said.
“Correction; are gods.” I added, though no one paid me any heed.
“There is only one god ma’am, and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t dress like that.” Cpt. said, grabbing his shield and making his way to the still open rear.
He jumped out, leaving me with Black Widow and the random pilot. There I was left with snippets of speech from the com and nothing much to do other than wonder what was going on between the two gods. They were probably not seeing eye to eye, as usual.
It took a while, but eventually Kilah turned on her com. “Kenna, why do I get the feeling that we are doing exactly what Loki wants?” She asked.
“Same, but we can’t do much else.” I said.
“Chuck me down a stick,” she said
“Look around you; you’re surrounded by them,” I said. “Why would I have a stick?”
“Well, you don’t have to be a bitch about it.” She retorted, probably grabbing a stick. “How about some popcorn? Do you have any of that?”
“I’m bored. I’ll be down now,” I said, adding, “with popcorn.” After looking around.
“Thought you didn’t like It.” She said.
“If you mean Loki, then I think he already knows.” I said, grabbing a bag of popcorn and asking BW (Black Widow, by the way) to take me down.
“Woof!” I heard Kilah say.
“What’s with the bark?” I asked, hitting Kilah on the back of the head with the bag.
“Yay! Popcorn!” she yelled, snatching the bag out of my hand. She opened it and started throwing popcorn at Loki.
“Why are you wasting perfectly good popcorn?” I asked, sitting next to Kilah.
“He insulted me!” she argued, throwing some towards me.
“Give me some!” I said, grabbing a hand full before Kilah could eat (or waste) it all.

Once we had finished fighting over popcorn, I looked over and saw three battered idiots. Sorry, make that one idiot, one god and a Stark… I mean, Kilah’s amazing father (She will kill me if I don’t say that. Stop glaring!). They all looked confused by the popcorn in Loki’s hair. I stepped behind Kilah to avoid Thor; I would rather not have one God on my back, let alone two (but he’s not a God, he’s a big blonde bear).
Stark ran at us and snatched the popcorn bag from Kilah. The funny thing was, it was empty.
“Hehe, now you have to put it in the bin!” Kilah yelled, pulling me along as she ran to the jet.
(That hurt Kilah!) (I would say sorry but I’m really not and unlike Loki I don’t lie!) (Isn’t that lovely!) (Sarcasm?)

The others eventually joined us and we flew back to the base. From there Kilah joined her father and Dr. Banner, while I went to the bridge with Captain, BW and Thor to wait for Loki. Banner and Stark soon joined us on the bridge lacking Kilah, who I guessed was with Fury interrogating Loki. I sat in Hawkeye’s seat next to BW, seen as I was his “student”.
“In case it’s unclear; you try to escape, you even scratch that glass… 30 thousand feet straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?” I heard Fury say. I turned my attention to the table where there was a video link. “Ant, boot.”
Kilah, who was standing on the edge of shot, started miming something to Loki. I zoomed the picture in on him and found that Loki had popcorn in his collar. I started giggling and received daggers from Thor, whose gaze (Luckily) didn’t linger long.
“It’s an impressive cage.” Loki said, “But not, I think, built for me.”
“Built for something a lot stronger than you.” Fury replied, so I zoomed out.
“Oh I’ve heard; a mindless beast makes play he’s still a man.” Loki taunted, looking at the camera. We all turned to Banner.
“That’s cruel.” Kilah input.
“How desperate are you. You call upon such lost creatures to defend you.” Loki jibbed, “You even have a cold Asgardian child.”
I froze (No pun intended). Thor was now paying more attention, flicking his gaze between me and Kilah.
Kilah was storming towards the cell, but Fury stopped her. “How dare you!” she shouted.
“How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war; steal a force you can’t hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill ‘cause its fun. You have made me very desperate.” Fury said, but I wasn’t really listening.
“You’re not going to be glad you did.” Kilah added, still looking furious.
“It burns you to have come so close. To have a Tesseract; to have power. Unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share? And then to be reminded what real power is.” Loki said.
“Tell Kilah if real power wants a magazine or something.” Fury said, leaving the room.
The other were talking about something or other, but I paid them little attention. How could he know who my mother was? I know this was Loki, God of mischief we were talking about, but still? He had worked that out well, and was about to set off some fireworks.
“Loki’s going to drag this out.” Cpt. said. “So… Thor, what’s his play?”
“He has an army called the Chitauri. They are not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people; they will win him the Earth in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract.” Thor said.
“An army… from out of space.” Cpt. said in disbelief.
“So he’s building another portal.” Banner said. “That’s what he needs Eric Selvig for.”
“Selvig?” Thor asked.
“He’s an astrophysicist.” Banner informed him.
“He’s a friend.” Thor replied.
“I’m sorry.” I said.
“Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours.” BW said.
“I want to know why Loki let us take him.” Cpt. said. “He’s not leading an army from here.”
“I don’t think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy’s brain is a bag full of cats,” Banner said. “You can small the crazy on him.”
“Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard and he is my brother.” Thor said.
“He killed 80 people in two days.” BW said
“He’s adopted.” Thor replied.
“I think it’s about the mechanics. Iridium, what do they need the Iridium for?” Banner asked.
“It’s a stabilising agent.” Both Starks said at the same time. I spun around and saw Tony walking in behind me with Agent Coulson.
“It means the portal won’t collapse in on itself like it did at SHIELD.” Stark said, walking over to Thor. “No hard feelings point blank, you have a mean swing.
“Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long, as Loki wants.” He continued. “That man is playing Galaga, thought we wouldn’t notice, but we did.”
“Tony…” I groaned.
“How does Fury even see these?” He asked.
“He turns.” Hill replied.
“Sounds exhausting.” Stark said. “The rest of the raw materials Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. The only major ingredient he needs is a power source of high energy density. Something to kick start the cube.”
“When did you become an expert in Thermonuclear astrophysics?” Hill asked.
“Last night. The package, Selvig’s theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?” He asked.
“Over my head.” I said.
“Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?” Cpt. ask, which for once was sensible.
“He’d have to heat the cube to a hundred million Kelvin just to break through the cooling barrier.” Banner said.
I zoned out and let them talk physics for a moment, only tuning in when they started talking English again.
“Doctor Banner is only here track the cube. I was hoping you might join him.” Fury said, walking in.
“You should start with that stick of his.” Cpt. said. “It may be magical, but it works a lot like a Hydra weapon.”
“I don’t know about that, but it is powered by the cube. And I would also like to know how he used it to turn two of the sharpest people I know into his own personally flying monkeys.” Fury said.
“Monkeys…? I don’t understand?” Thor said, looking extremely confused.
“I do!” Cpt. piped up. “I understood that reference.”
“Kenna, what the hell was Loki talking about?” Fury said. Thor rounded on me having finally come to a decision. Everyone else also turned their attention my way.
“It’s your own fault Fury. You believed me too quiet to keep secrets, so you never questioned my past.” I replied calmly.
“I should have you kicked out.” Fury said.
“Who?” Thor asked into the silence that followed.
“My mother is Skadi.” I replied, before explaining to the rest if the team “She is goddess of the mountains and the wilderness, revenge, magic, hunting and winter.”
Thor took a step away from me then, probably because of my family history with his (i.e. Loki had nearly killed my grandfather, and then Odin had order my grandfather to be killed. I assume from Thor’s reaction that he had a hand in that. My mother never truly forgave them. Now do you know why I hate the gods?).
Fury stormed (I like that word) out, probably realising that he was not going to get much more from me. Anyway, I never lied to him; I just didn’t tell him what I was never asked.
“Shall we play Doctor?” Stark asked.
“It’s this way.” Banner said, turning to leave.
“In coming Kilah.” I said, but got no response. “Kilah! Akilah Stark are you listening to me?”
Still nothing. I took my com out of my ear and bashed it on the table.
“My ear… ow!” she wined.
“In coming!” I said.
“What?” she asked, confused.
“Fury, your way, mad. Get it?!” I replied, turning to go to the lab.