Disasterology

I'm Only Getting Better

I actually got some sleep last night…! Kellin didn’t have any night terrors and I didn’t have to wake up to comfort him.

The memories from yesterday flashed through my head.

Did Kellin actually remember…? Did he remember us? Even just a little…?

“Hey, Vic. Are you awake?”
I turned over in the bed to face him and smiled. “Yeah…I’m awake.” I kissed his forehead and got up from the bed. He didn’t budge from the covers.

“Come on, Kell. We have to get ready for work.”
He pouted slightly. “I don’t wanna…”
I poked him in his side, causing him to spaz.

“Okay okay…! I’ll get up!”
I smirked to myself, then walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

I looked at the scars on my wrist and frowned a little.

♪ What a waste of a perfectly good clean wrist… ♪

I let out a sad chuckle as I quoted my own lyrics.

Everyone would be so ashamed…

I turned on the shower and tried to drown out my thoughts.
------

“I guess we’re the first ones here.” Kellin nodded in agreement, obviously still tired. I went to the back room to grab the rest of the CDs that weren’t organized. I really should stop running off during work.

“Do you want me to help you out with those…?” I shook my head.
“It’s my responsibility. Besides, it’s not that complicated.” I gave him a small smile.

He only bit down on his lip and went into the back room.

What was that about…?

“Yo yo yo! You guys are here early!”
I turned to see Andy and Oliver walk into the store, hand in hand. I chuckled.
“Yeah, I had to finish organizing these CDs, since I kind of ditched yesterday. I’m really sorry by the way.”

“Are you okay…?” Andy seemed really afraid to ask. I don’t blame him after what happened yesterday.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I guess I just needed some sleep.” I gave him a reassuring smile.
“Okay, if you say so. Oh, the guys wanted to hang out for the weekend after we get off work today. You in?”

“Um sure. What do you guys plan on doing?” He let go of Oliver’s hand and started to place some of the headphones on the rack.

“We’re planning to go camping for three days. You have to come. It’ll be fun!” He bounced up and down slightly. “Sure, but ask Kellin. I really don’t want to leave him by himself.” Andy nodded and happily skipped into the back room. Oliver chuckled and picked up where Andy left off.

A minute later, Mike had walked in. “Buenos días, mi hermano menor! ♥” He walked over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

“Are you okay? What was yesterday about?” He had a huge look of concern on his face.
“I’m fine, Mike. I just needed some sleep. I was a little irritable.” “And how are things with Kellin?”

“He hasn’t remembered much of anything in a while, but things are going pretty well so far.”
I finished organizing the CDs and smiled up at him.

“Vic…I know how you feel about all of this. Just remember that I’m here for you if you ever need me.”
“Thanks, Mike.” “No prob—”

“KELLIN SAID YES! THIS WEEKEND IS GONNA ROCK!!!”
Leave it to Andy to ruin a peaceful atmosphere.

“I guess I better call Tony and Jaime, since you two have to pack.” I nodded.

“Alright guys! Let’s get through today, then party the whole weekend! S’mores, music, swimming, alcohol! Whoo!” “No alcohol, Andy. It’s too dangerous. Especially since we’re camping by the lakeshore.”
Andy pouted. “Okay…I’ll behave, Oli.”

“Great,” Mike started. “Now I have another reason to call them.” We all laughed a little.

Okay. Let’s get through this work day.
--------

“Do you guys have everything packed?” I nodded as I helped Tony put our bags in the trunk.
Everyone else was already in the truck.

“Alright. Let’s get this show on the road.”

I climbed into the back with Kellin (who was already asleep, cuddling Mr. Stuffykins in his arms), and Mike who was focused on a video game on his phone.
I put my headphones on and turned my iPod on. It started to play “Electric Forest” as I closed my eyes.

This is gonna be one hell of a weekend. I can feel it.
♠ ♠ ♠
-le gasp- Could Vic be foreshadowing? :O
Tell me what you think is going to happen, my lovelies~!
And Woo! 100+ readers! <3 and 450+ readers on "Chemical Kids And Mechanical Brides"!
This...it' so amazing and beautiful! :'D
Anywho! Tune in for the next chapter!
Title credit: "Slow Dance" --Framing Hanley