Disasterology

A Deep Need To Be Needed

"Hey...wake up, Vic. We're here."
I opened my eyes to see Kellin nudging me slightly. I cuddled closer to him and looked around the empty truck. "Where is everyone?"
"Andy and Oliver are inside the cabin while Tony, Mike and Jaime went to go get breakfast."

I nodded in understanding and closed my eyes again. "Come on, get up." I shook my head and pulled him so that he was on top of me. "Why can't we just stay like this...?"
His cheeks turned a dark shade of red. He bit down on his lip and he looked away.

There was a hint of guilt in his eyes.

"What's wrong, Kell...?" "Nothing. Let's just go inside." He got off of me and left the truck.
I got up and followed him into the cabin. Oliver and Andy were at the kitchen table drinking coffee.

"It's about time you woke up!" There goes Andy already nagging me. I stuck my tongue out and him and he only flipped me off.

Kellin already disappeared.

He's becoming so distant again...what did I do wrong...?

“Are you okay, Vic?”
Oliver’s voice snapped me out of my thoughts. “Y-yeah…I’m fine.”
-------

“Come on, Vic! Don’t be a wuss now!”
“You can do it!” “Go for it, dude!”

I gulped and took in a shaky breath as I wrapped my hands around the rope. I closed my eyes.

I can do this…

I tightened my grip on the rope and ran forward until my feet were no longer touching the ground.
I opened my eyes and quickly had second thoughts about doing this, but my hands already let go of the rope.

Crap crap crap!

I quickly held my breath as I hit the water.

The fear went away. I actually felt calm underwater. The feeling of being engulfed was just so…peaceful…

I swam back up to the surface due to the burning sensation in my lungs.
As I came back up, I was welcomed by the sound of cheers and laughter. I smiled.

“Let’s do it again!” Tony, Andy, Jaime, and Oliver nodded in agreement.

“VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!”

Before we could register anything else, Mike’s cannonball had already splashed all of us with water.
He resurfaced and threw two fists in the air.
“I AM the Master Commander!!!”

The people I’m related to…

As soon as I was about to swim back to shore, I felt two arms wrap around me from behind.
I looked behind me and caught a glimpse of ink black hair. “Kellin…?”

He rested his head against my shoulder blade. He feels so warm.

We didn’t say anything. We just stayed there, enjoying each other’s presence.

The sun’s going to set soon.

“Vic! Come on, dude! One more round!” Thanks for ruining the atmosphere, Mike.
“Hold on just a minute!”

I turned around to face Kellin and pressed my lips to his. He tensed up a little. I pulled away, confused.
He only had the guilt in his eyes again…

I tried to shake it off as I swam back to shore.

“I’m going first this time!”
--------

“Alright! I got the marshmallows and the skewers! Let’s get these bad boys roasting!”
“You’re really too excited about making S’mores, Andy.” Tony chuckled. “Cause S’mores are AMAZING!” Andy argued.

Oliver and I were already roasting our marshmallows.

Everyone else settled down and followed suit.
Well…almost everyone…

“Where’s Kellin?” “I think he’s still in the cabin. He’s been really distant today.”

“I’m gonna go check up on him.” I got up from the chair and walked into the cabin.

“Kellin…?”

No response.

I walked around the cabin and checked all of the other rooms before I checked my own.

He was lying in bed, Mr. Stuffykins in his arms. I tried my best to walk to him without bumping into anything, since I didn’t turn the light on.

“Kellin?” “What is it…?”
I heard movement, so I guess he turned to face me. I sat next to him on the edge of the bed.

“Why aren’t you outside with us? We’re making S’mores and just hanging out.”

“I guess I just didn’t want to…” He placed a hand on mine.
“That’s another thing: why are you being so distant? What’s wrong?”

No answer.

“Kellin…”
He sat up and pushed me down so that I was lying on the bed, then he climbed over me and straddled my waist. My eyes widened at his actions.

“Kell—” “Just shut up…”

He leaned in closer and kissed me. I just relaxed and let him do whatever he wanted. He licked my bottom lip, begging for an entrance, so I let him in. I slipped my hands under his shirt and rubbed his sides, earning a soft moan from him. He tugged at my shirt.

“T-take it off…please…”

I did what he told me and tossed the shirt to the side as he took off his.
I stared in awe as the moonlight shone on his soft pale skin.

“God…you’re still so beautiful…”

“You don’t have to lie to me…I saw all of the scars.” My chest throbbed a bit.
I grabbed his hips and rolled us over so that I was on top this time.

“When I look at you, I don’t see the scars, Kellin. All I see is the guy that I fell truly and madly in love with.”
I kissed all of the scars from his shoulders, all the way to the large scar on his stomach, then to a couple of scars on his hips.

“They don’t matter. You’re beautiful, Kellin. You’ve always been beautiful.” I brought my lips back to his and kissed him deeply. I felt his hands shift to the button of my pants.

“Kellin…are you sure? We don’t have to do this.”
“I’m sure, Vic. I’m sure…”

I kissed him again.

“I love you, so much…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my... <3
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! <3 THIS IS OUR YEAR, MY LOVELIES! I CAN FEEL IT!
I don't know if everyone is still partying and drinking and whatnot, but be careful anyway!
(I think my friends and I have developed abs due to the amount of laughing we did last night and early this morning. XD)
Anyway! First upload of 2013!!! You all are amazing for following this story for so long! I love you all! <3
Title credit: "You Know Where To Find Me" --Imogen Heap