Disasterology

I Was Supposed To Save You

I lost my smile instantly.
“W-what…what are you talking about, Kellin…?”
“Where am I…?!” He started to panic. “Who am I?!”

My eyes widened and I had to fight every urge in my body to not collapse to the floor again.

No…this can’t be happening…!

Tears poured down his cheeks as he trembled with fear. I tried to reach toward him and hold him, but he pushed me away. “Who are you?! Leave me alone! Leave me alone!!!” He screamed at me with fear in his eyes.

To say that my heart felt like it was being ripped out was an understatement.
I collapsed to the ground as two doctors rushed in.

My love of five years…my whole world…was gone…
-------

“Mr. Fuentes…Mr. Fuentes…?”
I opened my eyes and saw the doctor from earlier hovering over me.
I was lying on a hospital bed.

It was a dream…this all had to be a sick dream…

“H-How long was I out…?” “About two hours. Your brain couldn’t process what was going on.”
I swallowed thickly. “W-what…?” “I will only tell you if you’re ready to hear it.”

A part of me said that I didn’t need to know…no…I didn’t want to know…

I slowly nodded.

“Kellin Quinn…is suffering from Psychogenic Amnesia. There was no brain damage or injury found. This is usually caused by a traumatic experience, which I’m sure the event was. He doesn’t remember who he is, or who anyone else is. I’m sorry…”

I nodded again as the tears slid down my cheek.

“Like I said before: there was no brain damage found. He can still do things normally. He can still read and write, he can still speak, and he still has regular knowledge. However, he seems to be really emotionally unstable and confused. I would like to keep him here overnight, just to watch over him and see how he’s recovering.”

“How long…will the amnesia last…?”

The doctor adjusted his glasses.

“I don’t know. Certain objects could act like ‘keys’ and unlock bits and pieces of a person’s memory. However this could take a while. Some people get their memories back in two weeks, others could be two years. Some people never even get their memories back. But, they learn to move on with their lives. There are just some things that people shouldn’t remember…”

I nodded in understanding. He placed a hand on my shoulder.

“You should go home and get some rest. We’ll let you know when you can visit him again, and when he can go home.” “Okay…”

I got up and left the room.

I walked down the hallway slowly…I felt so empty…so lost…I walked past Kellin’s hospital room and glanced inside. He just stared out the window. He seemed lost as well…

Another tear rolled down my cheek as I continued to walk down the hallway.

I’m so sorry…I was supposed to save you…I was supposed to protect you…! This is all my fault…but…how can I apologize? How can I ask for forgiveness…

…when you don’t even remember who I am…?
♠ ♠ ♠
Two more days of Finals!!! Then I'm home free for two weeks, baby! >:D
Hope you all are ready for 2013!
So here's another chapter, my lovelies! <3
Comment with feedback, Subscribe, and share with your friends! <3 (and family if they're into this kind of stuff. XD)
'Til the next chapter!
Title credit: "Sinematic" --Motionless In White