I'll Carry You Home Tonight

Chapter 15

I felt my heart physically break, the temperature of the room rose significantly and my skin began to itch, as I looked down at Zilah it became obvious she didn’t have my brown eyes, she had green eyes and even his nose.

Amber squeezed my hand, I looked at her she had pain written across her face obviously upset by the result, I looked over at Nate and saw his arrogant smirk, he looked over to me mocking my pain with his stupid smile.

A red mist descended and I stood up quickly throwing my self at him punching his smug little face until I drew blood Amber pulled me away in tears my mother holding a shrieking Zilah, I looked down at my hands my knuckled coated in blood that I wasn’t even sure was mine.

I calmy walked out of the office and fell to the ground and then I started to punch the concrete floor repeatedly letting out loud anguished sobs of pain and hurt.

Within minutes My mother was at my side along with Amber and Zilah, I looked in to that little girls eyes and realized that I was her father and she needed me.

I took her in to my arms and gazed at her face she was just as scared as confused as we where , the tears began to flow again and I gently kissed her forehead and once again inhaling her sweet scent

“Hey Amber!?! Come over here so I can arrange when to see my daughter?”

I glared over at him, amber kissed my forehead before walking over to him, I watched intently unable to hear what they where saying just watching their body langue, Amber was defensive with her skinny arms folded over her tiny frame, he was angry with his fists clenched and arms down by his sides, she put her middle finger up to him and walked away from him, leaving him shouting abuse at her as she went.

“Well?”

“He can see her every other Saturday in a contact centre with one of us present”

I smiled and walked over to the car putting Zilah in her seat getting in the front with Amber and leaving, leaving Nate stood to boil in his own fury.

1 year later

I rolled over to see Zilah chewing on the tv remote on the bed next to me Amber was sat on the floor next to the bed folding clothes, since we had left home life had been perfect, Zilah was seeing Nate frequently he had even come round to see her.

Amber stood up and Zilah threw the remote down on to the bed and crawled over to me

“Da..Da..Dad!”

I laughed at her and pulled her in to my arms, Amber sat on the bed she had been sober for nearly 11 months and we where all so proud, Zilah smiled at Amber and poked her stomach,

“Baby”

She clapped and laughed loudly thrilled at the thought of being a big sister. I reached my hand out and gently caressed Ambers tiny bump

Our family unit was going strong and nothing was going to pull us apart.