Status: i Don't even know

These Fading Nights

New Beginnings

“KELLIN! WAKE THE FUCK UP!" Screamed my mother.

“Agh! I’m up, Jesus.” I almost fell out of my bed

“Sorry, honey, your alarm has been going off for like 10 minutes, and you weren’t waking up.”

“Oh, what the hell, that’s weird.” I was a very light sleeper usually, so that was kind of weird. Maybe my body just knows that I’m going to hate today. Today is going to be my first day at a new school in a new city. I’m pretty scared, let’s just say I wasn’t the most liked kid at my last school. I just hope that I can fit in better at this new school. I wanted to make a good first impression so I wanted to wear my favorite clothes today so that I can feel confident. At least a little. I grabbed my favorite red beanie and my bag and headed out to the car where my mom was waiting. It sucks to be starting in the middle of the first quarter of my junior year somewhere new.

My mom started driving. I looked out of the window dreading the moment I had to enter the gates of this school. I watched the scenery and tried to look for places I might like to hang out. There were nice green parks and it was a nice little place, now I just have to meet the people.

We pulled up to the school and I took a deep breath.

“Kellin, don’t be nervous. I’m sure you will make plenty of friends.” My mom said reassuringly.

“I really hope that you’re right.” I answered as I closed the door and walked into the gates of the intimidating school. I looked around and thank god the office is right when you walk in through the main gate. I walked into the office and there was a secretary sitting right when I walked in. I walked up to her.

“Uhhm, hi, I ugh, I’m Kellin, I’m new and I need my schedule.” I stuttered, I had a really bad habit of doing that when I was nervous, that’s why I try not to talk too much.

“Oh, let me look that up for you.” She replied. She seemed nice, but she was kind of young, I would say mid twenties.

“Oh here we are.” She said as she printed out my new schedule. She handed it to me and smiled.

“Hope you have a great first day!”

“Thanks.” I said trying to return the smile. I turned around and walked out of the office looking at the papers she gave me. Thank god she gave me a map or I would probably spend most of the day trying to find my first period. My first period was English, which I didn’t mind because I really loved writing and reading and stuff. I just hope that the teacher doesn’t make me introduce myself to the class like they do in movies.

Then the late bell rang. Great I’m going to be late on my first day, that’s going to get me in good with my teacher. I looked at my map and searched for the classroom number and luckily it was fairly close to where I was. I walked there, trying not to look like I was in a hurry, but I didn’t like feeling people’s eyes on me.

When I finally reached my class I walked in and saw the teacher sitting at her desk looking at some papers while other students were with partners talking. I just walked straight up to the teacher.

“Ugh, excuse me.” I said. She looked up at me. “Uhm, hi, I’m Kellin I’m new here.” I told her, feeling extremely awkward.

“Hello Kellin. Well here is the class syllabus, and for the next few weeks the students will be working on group projects and they are worth half of your grade, I will assign you to a group, hold on a second.” She said as she looked back to her computer screen.

“Jaime? Please raise your hand.” A boy in the corner of the room with long spikey hair and huge dimples raised his hand. He was sitting with another boy who had shorter brown hair that was spiked up at the front. The teacher walked towards them so I followed her. She introduced me to the boys, but I just smiled stupidly and tried to avoid eye contact.

“Take a seat!” the boy I think was named Jaime told me I gave him a weak smile and pulled up a chair next to them.

“Okay, Kellin, tell us a little about yourself.” He asked which made me feel a little uncomfortable.

“Uhm, I-I’m from Michigan, and I just started today.” I didn’t really want to tell him a lot I mean I just met him not even two minutes ago.

“That’s cool, it’s like cold over there a lot right?” he asked, I’m glad he didn’t want to make me go into more detail about my life.

“Oh, most definitely.” I giggled a little. He smiled back at me. He had REALLY big dimples and it was pretty cute.

“Well, we probably should have introduced ourselves first, but I guess better late than never right?” he said looking at the other boy, who’s name I did not know yet.

“Oh yeah, hey, I’m Austin and I like to party.” The other boy answered with a smirk.

“Yeah and I’m Jaime and I like to meet new people so I guess this is good.” He had such an adorable smile it was almost contagious, I couldn’t help but smile back at him.

“Oh, hey, can I see your schedule?” he asked me. I took out a folded up piece of paper and handed it to him. He looked it over and smiled back at me.

“We have all of our classes together. I guess it’s your lucky day.” He said with an exaggerated wink. I giggled. He was a really cool dude and I was glad that I at least met one friend on the first day if not the rest of high school would be excruciatingly lonely.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! i got another chapter up and it looks like the length is starting to go back to normal which is an accomplishment for me. i really hope you guys are enjoying this. Well i won't be home at all tomorrow so this i guess can count as tomorrow's update. Comment and stuff. okay bye.