Status: four of twenty-five

Sugar, Sugar

un

Alex always got the most candy canes, and really, Jack was okay with that. So yes, most of them were from girls. And most of those girls were interested in getting in Alex’s pants.

But come on. Jack was fine. He was chill. He was so chill, he was ice. Yep, that was him, totally and completely secure in the fact that Alex was very popular, and he was…not.

That Alex was fucking perfect, and he was not.

Because that’s what Jack was really afraid of, wasn’t it; Alex would finally wake up and realize just how imperfect Jack was. Then he’d be ditched for one of those plastic candy cane bitches.

“Flighty bastard,” Jack muttered, startling himself. He quickly glanced around the room; Alex hadn’t heard him. He really needed to stop insulting his boyfriend for things he didn’t do. Aloud.

Someone knocked on the door. This was it, the moment Jack had been dreading all day: the candy cane distribution. He gave up on math and dropped his head to his desk. Surely Alex was looking smug right now, even if that wasn’t in his character. Popular, yet unaware. Jack was aware.

“Who does the bag go to this year?” some girl asked. She had to be making a show, just for Alex. Plastic bitch.

And now the answer. Jack could already hear it.

“Jack Barakat.”

Jack’s head shot up. That wasn’t right. Everyone stared at him as the guy with the candy canes walked to Jack’s back corner desk. He dropped the bag, shrugged at Jack’s dumbfounded look, and continued to hand out individual candy canes. When Alex only received one, Jack’s disbelief level was maxed out.

After class, Jack made his way to his locker. Alex was surrounded by his fans, no doubt. Which, once again, Jack totally accepted. He really couldn’t have been happier for the bastard boy.

This was getting ridiculous.

“Jack!”

Why was Alex following him? Jack didn’t turn or stop or whatever Alex was expecting.

“Jacky, wait up,” Alex called. He was laughing.

He finally caught up at Jack’s locker, leaning against the wall beside it. Yeah, Jack got an end locker. Fate was nice in at least one aspect of his life.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Alex asked.

“Nothing’s wrong. Shouldn’t I be asking you that?” Jack replied, burying the bag of candy canes at the bottom of his locker. He looked up and Alex was pouting, bottom lip sticking out.

“Weren’t you happy with it?”

“What?”

“I got you the bag,” Alex said. When Jack remained confused, Alex punched his shoulder. “I wanted you to get the bag of candy canes because you’re the most important. Because I heart you, dumbass.”

Jack simply stared at him for a minute. A smile started creeping onto his lips. “You did it?”

Alex was still frustrated. He rolled his eyes and nodded. “Of course I did. Geez, Jack, I thought you were sm—”

Jack cut him off with a kiss. When they separated, Alex was dazed.

“Smarter than that,” he finished a little breathlessly. “You’re coming home with me, right?”

“I have to thank you properly, don’t I?” Jack said. “I mean, you bought me an entire bag of candy canes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my favorite. Because aw.
Thanks for reading and stuff. I heart you for it.