Taint

00

Dark brown hair cascaded her shoulders, the chocolate curls almost camouflaging in with the black sweater. The tan leather strap of her bag held little support as it repeatedly smacked the back of her knees as she pushed through the belly-shirt and tight pleather pant wearing girls at Westfield High School. 
The bell rang again. The cries echoing through the corridors as the cattle changed direction. She could only roll her eyes before pushing the library doors open. 
Her green eyes scanned the tables. The jock and his cheerleader girlfriend. The computer nerd. The nonconformist goth who secretly loved Lisa Frank. The grungy rocker. 

Vanessa Alberta Rogers could only laugh to herself at how cliched they all looked. Straight out of a sappy chick-flick. A wanna-be breakfast club. She chuckled to herself, her dirty keds leading her down the aisles of books.
 She ran her fingers over the dusty spines of the books, her head down humming a familiar Joy Division tune. Her eyes closed as she took in the musky scent the hums of 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' still slipping softly through her chewed lips. 

Finally opening her eyes, her fingers finally picking a book from the shelf. Vanessa jumped, the tall blonde boy stared at her  curiously. Her cheeks burned but no words came from her lips. 

"I-I like birds too." he told her holding back a small smile. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little something-something. Comment and subscribe?! Feel free to correct my spelling, grammar and/or ways to improve this story.

Evan Peters is yum

Xoxo