Status: So this is a A7X story. I also have this story on Wattpad. My name on there is also Meagan_Mayhem. I have a lot more chapters up, you have to fan me to read them because they made one chapter restricted. SOOOOOOOOOO I hope I get as big of a response on here.

Nightmare

Monster You Made

My mind kept replaying over and over the meeting with Axel and Rebekah. It replayed over and over in my head.

As soon as we hit ground, Jimmy had disappeared. In quite a hurry might I add? I was upset he'd left at first. I got over it. That was a few days ago.

I decided against my better judgment to go see my brother.

I smiled as I reached the familiar old brick house that had been standing since before I was born. Michal's old car sat out front. I walked through the garage into the familiar kitchen and saw the old family picture on the wall. I heard Michal's voice reach through to the kitchen. He was in the living room.

"Yeah I hear you Tyler. I just got back from California though." I raised my eyebrows.

He hadn't been at my funeral. He hadn't been at JB or MB. He hadn't been at Karoline's? Why had he been in California?

"Yes, I know this. They aren't going to look at me though. Trust me." What the hell?

'Don't exclude those who are close to you. For the Gunman and the Leader are closer than what you think.' Rebekah's voice rattled around in my head.

Why would they not look at Michal? Who wouldn't?

I glared at the picture on the wall above the mantel. If he spoke of what I was thinking he spoke of… That would mean that my brother was in on my murder.

Who was this Tyler person though? That was the main question. I shook my head and sat down on the recliner in front of the TV. I turned towards my brother.

“I’m her brother. They wouldn’t think I was her killer.” I felt my heart stop. Michal had a playful smile on his face. “No, I’m a brother who is grieving over his precious sister’s death.” I gulped.

‘Jimmy.’ I thought. He didn’t show.

“Stay safe Tyler.” Michal hung up the phone. He stood quickly and left the room.

Time to take matters into my own hands; I flashed myself back to California.

“Val?” I shouted into the giant house. I heard a curse come from the kitchen before Val and her swollen belly appeared.

“Hey you.” Val said and wrapped her arms around me.

“Hey! Look at you!” I said and held her at arms link apart. “You’re glowing! Parenthood will suit you perfectly Val.” She grinned at me.

“I know! Even though I don’t like looking like a whale.” I shook my head at my best friend.

“No. You look gorgeous.” I disagreed with Val. “Val. I didn’t come for a visit though.” Time to get down to business. “I know who shot me.”

Val’s expression turned from happy to shock. She waddled over to the couch and eased herself into a sitting position.

“Who is it?” Val whispered.

I wrung my hands together nervously. I took in a huge gulp of air only to let it out. I didn’t want to voice my betrayal. I didn’t want to think that my little brother had shot the bullet that ended my life. That wasn’t what I wanted to know. I wanted it to be some random person who was assigned the task from some fan that wanted me dead. Not my own flesh and blood.

“Val… It was Michal.” She gasped.

“What! How is that possible?! Your little brother?” She looked down. “He adored you.” I nodded. That was true. My whole family had this jealous hatred thing going on though. Not just towards me, but towards anyone in my family that had tons of money at their disposal.

“That’s what I thought to, but I guess not anymore.” Val shook her head. “I need you to be an anonymous tip. Go down to HBPD and tell them you have information on one of the Gunmen.” Val nodded her head.

“Before I do that… Katherine. I want to apologize for my husband’s act of aggression towards you. The reason… it’s not what you think it is.” I nodded my head. That was the least of my worries. “Promise me you’ll speak with him before you catch your killer.” I inhaled sharply before nodding.

“Yeah, of course Val.” I said and stood to hug her. “I love you, Val.”

“I love you to, Kat.” She whispered.

I left in a flurry of my wings and landed outside the hotel room which belonged to the guys.

I would do what Val asked and talk to Matt. Regardless of whether or not I wished to.

I stepped through the door only to see all of the guys lounging around the hotel room like a sack of potatoes. The concert last night had been tiring from what I’ve seen and what I’m seeing now.

I smiled at the familiarity of the situation. I’d been with the guys long enough to know that they were all beat. Brian lie sprawled out on the couch with one leg over the back and one on the floor. Zacky lie the opposite way with his legs curled up to his chest. Snores were falling from his lips leading me to believe he was asleep. Johnny was in the recliner watching some fucked up show that oddly resembled ‘The Devils Rejects.’ When I spotted Otis and Baby, I knew that was exactly what he was watching. Arin lie on the floor snoring. He was absolutely adorable! Matt was in the other recliner watching the TV.

“Good show last night boys?” Matt and Johnny looked over at me. Johnny smiled and stood coming over to greet me. “Hey Short Shit.” I said and hugged him. Matt stood awkwardly by the chair. “Hey Shadz.” I said.

“Kat.” He whispered.

“Why don’t you two go out on the balcony and talk?” Johnny said and glared at Matt. He nodded and walked over to the sliding glass door and forced it open. “If he gives you any trouble… Yell.” I nodded and kissed Johnny’s cheek. I adored the small man.

I walked out on the balcony and watched Matt as he stared into the setting sun.

“I’m only here as a favor to Val.” I spoke causing Matt to look at me.

“Why?” He asked.

“She said the reasoning behind you acting like an asshat isn’t what I’ll expect.” I paused. “I was curious.” He nodded and looked back out at the sunset.

“I’m so sorry Kat.” He whispered. I felt tears well up. “I had no reason to act that way. My reasoning was I was upset at the time.”

“That’s a reason?” I hissed. He spun around and shook his head fiercely.

“No! There was no reason Kat.” He said and took a step towards me. I backed up to the edge of the balcony. “I… I don’t know how to tell you.” He whispered finally and sat down on the wicker chair that had been placed out here.

“Start from the beginning?” I suggested. He nodded.

“It all started when I first met you… You had just pulled up to the house with Matt and Jason and Jimmy was shouting at them for being late. He was mad that they missed the Stallion Duck’s.” Matt chuckled. “I remember thinking how adorable you were. That you were as beautiful as Val.” A smile appeared on his lips making his dimples appear. “Maybe even prettier.”

“Matt what are you…?”

“That was the first time I knew I liked you.” He inhaled deeply looking at me know. “The second time was for Zacky’s birthday. You, he, and Brian were really chummy. I was jealous. You didn’t take to me like you did them.”

“You frightened me.” I whispered. He smiled glumly.

“I remember watching you walk in with that gorgeous red dress that put anything Val wore to shame. You had greeted everyone like they were old friends, going around hugging them. Even me. You smelled like Mango’s. You looked up at me and said that I was cuter and less scary up close. Val and I had never laughed so hard. That was the second time I realized I liked you and first where I realized I was falling for you.” Matt stood and walked over to me.

“Matt…” I whispered. He placed his finger to my lips.

“The third time was when Brian came over with you on his arm. I kept thinking, ‘What does he have that I don’t.’ Then I realized how that I wasn’t single. Brian had brought you over to me and asked if he thought you were more Rock star material. I’d always said Michelle couldn’t handle our life. I’d said that I thought you were fucking exactly Rock Star material. You’d crossed your arms nervously and said that it was relief because you hadn’t wanted to kick my ass. Your eyes had that shiny little sparkle in them. The one where you know you want to laugh and are so happy you feel like you want to burst. You hugged me and I couldn’t help but think, ‘Damn. I could see myself marrying this girl. Third time I realized I liked you, second timed I realized I had fallen for you.” I inhaled.

“They fourth time was when you’d shown up at my house in the middle of the night crying over a fight. Val had been over at Michelle’s but I let you in because I was selfish and wanted the time alone with you.” It was then I realized Mat was crying. “You were sat on the couch with Bella at your feet with some water and sobbing. I had sat down beside you and held you and didn’t let you go until I knew you could speak. You’d looked so beautiful in the moonlight I’d wanted nothing more than to kiss you. You’d crawled into my lap and wrapped your arms around my neck and kissed my cheek. Fourth time I realized I liked you, third time I realized I had fallen for you,” he paused and leaned in closer to me. Our faces now an inch apart, I could feel his breath across my face, “First time I realized I loved you.” He placed his lips on mine.

I went into shock. Matt, my loveable best friend who’d been a dick for the past two weeks, had just confessed his love for me. He was kissing me! What was I supposed to do? Kiss back. I decided that I’d kiss back.

His lips felt smooth against mine. He tasted of Jack and Coke. Nothing like Brian and nothing like Jimmy. I pushed Matt away gently.

“Matt…”

“I know, Kat.” He whispered. His eyes sparkled with tears. “Forgive me for all the damage done?” I stared up at him.

“Matt…”

“I’m only the monster you made me.” He backed away giving me space to breath. “I’m only human. Can’t you see I’ve changed.” I stepped towards Matt who was full on sobbing and wrapped my arms around his giant frame.

“Of course I forgive you Matt.” I said and didn’t let him go. He responded by wrapping his arms around me. “I don’t love you like that though. You understand that?” He nodded.

“Yes.” He whispered. “I was angry because it seemed like you would go through and find everyone to love. You would never love me though.” Matt buried his face into my hair.

“I do love you Matt. You are my brother.” Matt chuckled.

“Yeah. A brother.” He laughed bitterly. I didn’t say anything. Just hugged him.

“Guys?” I heard Zacky say from the doorway. “You okay?”

“Yeah, just settling things.” Matt said. Zacky nodded and went back inside.

“Matt I can’t stay. I have to go find Jimmy. I found my gunman.” Matt looked shocked.

“Who is it?”

“Michal.” Was all I said.

I once again disappeared with a flutter of my wings. This time reappearing in the cemetery. Jimmy was already waiting by my grave stone.

“They found two of the men. Max and a guy named Tyler Boone.” Jimmy said and kissed me.

“I found the gunman. Michal.” I said looking up at him. He didn’t appear shocked.

“I had a hunch.” Jimmy whispered. Jimmy pressed his lips to mine.

We’d found all four of the gunmen. Now all that was left was the leader. He, or she, was closer than we thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the next chapter which brings us even closer to the END! Which I may or may not do a sequel to by the way. I'm not so sure I want to with the ending I have planned. :) I keep changing the ending. It still the same. I just change one major detail. So I hope you guys enjoy this.