Status: Working on it

Falling Falling Snow

1/4

I sit down beside you on the bench in the park, handing you a can of juice. You don't look at me, but you accept it. The only light we have is the light from the moon, shining down on us, and the empty, snow-covered park.

I reach out towards you, searching for warmth from you, the one person I have. You look at me for a split second, but turn your head and push my arms away. I sit, trembling next to you, pondering on what went wrong. I breathe out and then I bend down, using my numb finger to etch your name in the snow, watching as it melts and disappears.

The promises of the past. You promised to take care of me, you promised to not let go of me, you promised to be there for me through thick and thin. Your smiles... they seem fake to me now. Now that the truth is out, everything from our past seems false.

All of the promises that you made back then are fading away beyond the white visibility and turning into nothingness. I wish for the falling snow to cover and hide me, but to no avail. I look at you, and choke out the words on my mind.

"Everything... it's all just a game to you, isn't it? Everything... all the words you spoke, all the smiles... it was all just make-believe, wasn't it?"

My bottom lip begins to tremble, and you turn to face me. Blue eyes meet brown eyes. You don't answer me, just look. You touch my face with your cold, cold hands, and my lips meet yours.

"I have to go," you say quietly.

I say nothing. I watch you stand up, and walk away from me. I'm holding in tears. The falling snow swallows the world, and you, my love. I watch. I won't move, just yet. I won't move until the pain in my chest heals.

Your appearance starts fading in the white.

"Please don't go," I mutter, but my feelings become a fragment in the snow. The snow that's falling around us, covering and hiding your back as you walk away. It swallows you, and our past.

I stand up. I chase after you, my hands reaching out. I feel the tears run down my face. If you leave now, there's not a chance of seeing you again.

Through the park, snow crunching underneath my feet, slipping and sliding over the pavement, I followed the way you took to the station.

Blurring and breaking away, the fragments of my memory make me want to cry out.

"Don't forget about me," I whisper, running as quickly as I can.

I catch up to your retreating silhouette, and slip and crash straight into you.

"Don't go."