Status: In the Works? (:

Snake Bite Heart With a Bubble-Gum Smile

Chapter One

Marie was laying across her boyfriend’s chest crying softly to herself. Alex had fallen asleep a little while back yet, Marie couldn't do the same. She had far too much on her mind. She had to leave by midnight, and not just the his house but, the state. Her father had gotten a huge promotion, which was excellent, if she didn't have to leave her friends, her family, and most importantly her boyfriend who she had she given everything she had left to. The truth was Marie loved Alex, perhaps she always had even before it hit her in Chemistry freshman year. Ironic, trust me they know. But, that wasn't the point. The point was the in a few short minutes she would have to leave her boyfriend of three years. She’d have to leave it all behind. For what? For her father who would never be home? Or her mother who would constantly be in her bedroom either banging the plumber or passed out drunk in bed? It sucked. It sucked royally but, of course, Marie had no choice.
She was leaving behind everything. And it stung. More than anything she had ever experienced in her life. More than putting her puppy down when she was five. More than attending her grandparents funeral. Hell, even more than when she fell off the roof and broke three ribs and her arm. This was the worst pain Marie has ever- no, would ever experience.
Before Marie’s sobbing got out of control she took out the letter she had written to the love of her life before taking the photo of them on their very first date and placing it next to the note. She kissed Alex’s forehead before going to his door. she turned around and gave her sleeping boyfriend one last fleeting look and left. She made it to the bottom of the stairs when a voice startled her.
“You’re going to break his heart you know?”
Marie turned to the voice, tears running down her face.
“I know, that’s why it hurts so bad.” She replied to his mother before leaving out the front door of the Gaskarth’s house. And running. She ran until her lungs were screaming at her and her legs gave out.Where was this you ask? Conveniently right in front of her cousin’s house her only “friend” that knew she was leaving. Marie collapsed to the ground, not so much in exhaustion, but in pure heart- breaking pain. Marie dropped to the ground and sobbed. Sobbed for the lose of her best friends, lose her friends, lose of her childhood home, but, most of all she sobbed for Alex, her Alex.
This was when Matt, her cousin, pulled aside the curtains of his bedroom only to see his favorite family member crying her heart out on his front lawn. It was then when he went outside and carried her back into his room, ignoring the protests of his mother. Once the two cousins were back into Matt’s bedroom. He held her while she cried. He held her while she sobbed about how everything was over. Matt held his cousin as she cried in his arms breaking her very own heart.
The next day, Marie woke up with her eyes swollen and red, along with a pounding headache. She refused to let herself cry today. She got out of Matt’s bed and walked to the door right before she was about to leave Matt called her attention back.
“Marie, listen I know this sucks, I know. But you need to understand something. That no matter how hard life gets you cannot let this be where you lose who you really are. I love you, cuz’. Now come here and give me a hug before you walk out of Baltimore.” Marie ran back to her older cousin and hugged him, silently thanking him for everything. When they let go they nodded and she left. Marie pulled her- well, Alex’s hoodie- closer to herself. Before walking home to face the hurricane her life was about to become.
Later once she made sure everything was packed up and ready to go. she walked over to her window staring across a few blocks to where she knew Alex would be waking in a few hours. Marie sighed before going to pick up her kitten that Alex had bought her just weeks before for her birthday. Jasey hissed at her owner slightly before jumping into her carrier. Maybe, the fluffy kitten knew that what Marie was doing was wrong. Hell, Marie knew what she was doing was wrong. But, it would be easier in the long run, hopefully.
Marie, for the thousandth time that day blinked back the tears before picking up Jasey Rae, her backpack, and her carry on. She went downstairs looked her parents dead in the eye and without saying anything got in the limo. Shortly thereafter her parents got in the vehicle as well not even attempting to say a word to their daughter. Not a minute later they started making their way to the airport. They all went through the motions of checking luggage and going through security. On most normal situations Marie would have had to give Jasey to the airport security. But,seeing as how they were traveling first class that wasn't nessecary. One good thing to come from this entire endevour. Once cleared through security they made their way to the plane, boarded, and prepared for take off. Marie put in her headphones and stared out the window at Baltimore. It was at this moment when the plane took off when Marie broke. Not a cascade of tears like the night prior. No, silent tears one after another. But, this time it wasn't for anyone else she was crying for. Marie was crying for herself.
Meanwhile Alex woke up in his bed expecting to find his beautiful girlfriend beside him he found a cold pillow and a letter addressed to him. He unfolded the letter and began to read;

Lex,
I’m so, so, so, so terribly sorry. Words cannot express how much I wish I never had to tell you this. Last night, last night was wonderful. Thank you, for that. The forecast calls for rain today. I know how much you love that. Call the guys over play some video games, jam out a little. Truth be told I’m terrified about what’s about to happen. I’m so confused as to why I couldn't just tell you this to your face, maybe I can’t bare to see your brown eyes cry. I mean I guess you of all people would know how much of a sucker I am for your eyes. By the time you read this I’ll be towering over your head. I love you, just keep that in mind with what I’m about to tell you. I guess there is no way to sugar coat this. So, I’ll be blunt. My father, he got a job. Cross country. I’m not coming back. I’m sorry. I love you. You know this. But, Lex. Please whatever you do don’t hold on. Just let go. Everything will be alright.I promise. I guess this is it. I guess I’ll leave you to it.
Love you, always.
Marie.

Alex dropped the letter not even realizing the tears coming out of his eyes. He looked around in hopes of someone popping out and telling him this is all some cruel joke. That his girlfriend. The love of his life wasn't gone. She slipped through his fingers, so easily.He just let it happen. He had no idea. Did anybody? If anyone did it would have been Flyzik. He quickly scrambled to pick up his phone, dialing one of his best friends. The phone rang for what seemed like forever.
“Alex,” Matt said picking up his phone.
“You knew.” It wasn't a question, or an accusation, just a statement.
“Listen” He began.
“No, you listen” Alex said “If anyone, ever mention Marie or what she did to me I will never forgive them? Understand me? I never want to hear her name again. Tell the others.”
With that Alex threw his phone across the room not caring what happened to it. curled up under his Duvet into a ball and cried. He was sure how long he cried for or how loud all he know is he did until he fell back asleep. When he woke up he was a shell, and it would take his band getting signed before snapping out of it. He found a new passion and that was his music. Nothing could ever that that away from him. Music wouldn't break his heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's the first chapter. Kind of like a prologue almost? Anyway. Comment? Subscribe?
xoxo Jenn