Status: work in progress

Sweet Pandemonium

Chapter 2

Austin, Texas

“Nena… Nena wake up it’s almost time for you to leave.”

Hearing her mother’s voice in her apartment was almost the last thing she wanted to hear after a sleepless night. Shoving her face deeper into the pillow she let out a muffled “Noooo.”

Throwing Nena’s blanket off of her, “Don’t ‘no’ me. Get up now!”

"What time is it?”

“Almost 9," her mother said emphasizing the nine.

“What?! Why didn’t you wake me earlier mom?” Nena asked jumping out of bed. Almost slipping on one of her dogs toys she made it to the restroom. Not hearing a response she walked back out with her toothbrush in her mouth and saw her mother looking at her with a raised eyebrow. “You’ve been calling me haven’t you..?”

Nena’s mom held up her phone, “13 times and 3 voice mails from.. Oh yeah, me!”

“I’m sorry I just couldn’t get any sleep last night. Too anxious I guess.”

“Well muévete (hurry up). We have to get you there in an hour or you will miss the flight.”

Nena pouted and finished brushing her teeth. The more minutes passed by the more she felt like her heart was beating faster and her palms were getting sweatier. She quickly applied a couple coats of mascara and some plum lipstick to make her look a little more awake. The flight would be a rather long one so she pulled on some black sweats and and a sweatshirt with a lion image on the front. She quickly pulled on her shoes and grabbed her dark gray backpack that had her carry on things inside.
-
After her bags were out of the car and heading into the airport Nena noticed a group of people waiting in the middle of the hall. As she got closer they turned and she noticed a few of her friends and members of her family had come to see her off.

“Nena!!!” they all said in unison.

“Wow you all came to see me off?”

“Of course!” her friend Jasmine said, “We wouldn’t miss it for the world. Oh and Carter wants a shot glass from there.”

“Of course he does. I’m so happy you guys all came, I’ll miss you guys.” Nena laughed. She went around and hugged her friends and also a couple of her cousins who happened to show up as well. When she got to her grandma she hugged her the longest. Her abuela was the most worried about her going all the way to Finland, no matter how much Nena reassured her she would be fine her grandma always shook her head worriedly.

“Por favor ten cuidado ahí ok? (Please be careful over there ok?)”, her grandma said holding her cheeks.

“I will abuelita, promise,” she said hugging her grandmother.

When her flight was called she hugged all her friends and family once more and made her way to the plane. All her excitement came back after a moment of calmness with her family and her palms began to sweat again.

She had never been on a plane let alone out of Texas before. The farthest she had ever gone was to small border towns in Mexico but she never considered it “out of state”. Now here she was getting settled in her seat going to Finland. She wished she had smoked at least one cigarette but knowing her grandma she would be mad if she found out Nena smoked even if it was only when she was feeling really stressed.

She found her seat after asking the stewardess and was glad to find out it was a window seat. Sighing as she settled in, she took out her laptop and logged in. Nena had to check her email and message her friend Jaana whom she would be staying with in Finland. After emailing her to tell her she was on her way she put her laptop away and waited for the plane to take off.

XXXXXX

Helsinki, Finland

“Ville please have dinner with us. It will be our last dinner together before Gas and I will return.” Linde pleaded.

“But you will come back in like a week and then we can have dinner then. I am just so tired Linde.”

“C’mon Valo! We won’t see Gas and Lily for a whole week,” Mige said sarcastically, “We have to have dinner with them. Just come for a little while at least!”

“Fine, fine I’ll come just let me put on a different shirt.” Ville left to his room before his friends could protest. It wasn’t that Ville didn’t want to have dinner with his friends, he was just so tired from the tour and his sleeping schedule was so fucked up. Jet lag was a bitch. After a shirt change and a quick trip to the restroom Ville grabbed his coat and cigarettes and headed to the car waiting. He rode with Mige and Burton in silence while Gas and Linde followed in another car.

As they arrived at the small restaurant Ville snuffed out his cigarette and headed inside. They were immediately seated at a large table and ordered soon after. “So where exactly are you guys going again?” Ville asked.

“New York for two days then London till the end of the week. As much as we would love to stay home it’s our duty. Total bullshit really,” Gas said with his mouthful.

Ville laughed and took a sip of his water, “You guys are coming back in one week right? I just don’t want to be bothered with these faces for too long.” Ville said jokingly pointing his thumb towards Mige and Burton.

“I thought you enjoyed my face!” Burton said and pouted his lips while he batted his eyes. Everyone laughed and Ville found he couldn’t stay in his depressed mood while joking with his band mates. He loved these guys and actually couldn’t wait to go back on tour in the next 5 months.

Four hours later as dinner slowed down and the clock struck 9 they decided to leave the little restaurant. Mige, Burton and Ville said goodbye to Linde and Gas as they shuffled to their cars. The ride to drop off Burton was calming with small chatter about this and that and the soft rock music playing in the background.

“Well Valo, I suppose I will see you in a couple days to see how you are doing. And don’t be such a hermit these next few months!” Burton laughed as he got out of the car.

“Nothing to worry about.” Ville said.

“Yeah yeah. You always say that. See you boys!” Burton saluted and walked into his house.

As they drove off it began to snow a bit and Ville began to silently count the flurries that landed on the window.
“Ville we are here. Snap. Out. Of. It!” Mige said waving his hand in front of Ville’s face.

Ville blinked and realized they were parked in front of his tower. “Oh, I’m sorry Mige.”

“Ville really what is up with you? You are never this distracted after a tour. Is this about a girl?”

“No Mige. I’m just really tired, really. I’ll call you tomorrow, maybe we can do something yeah?”

Mige eyed Ville suspiciously, “Sure.. get some sleep Ville. You look like shit.”
Ville rolled his eyes, “I will when you shave.”
“Fuck, you will be waiting a long time then,” Mige laughed, “see you later Ville.”

Ville waved goodbye and walked up the path way to his door picking up the gray teddy bear a fan must have left him. He locked the doors and turned on the TV and passed out on the couch holding the teddy bear close to his chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter 2 done! ha ha..so i made a tumblr for the story and im gonna post pics of outfits, places, people, etc. of the story and here is the link haha: sweetpandemoniumfanfic.tumblr.com