Status: work in progress

Sweet Pandemonium

Chapter 5

As Ville watched the girl he figured she was a tourist due to her wandering eye. When he looked down at her shoes, he saw she wore dark purple All Stars and there was a heartagram on the white part of the toe. His eyes widened and he quickly turned away. He tapped his fingers on the table and wanted to peek at where they had sat down.

"Oh. My. Gosh," he heard her say a few minutes later and immediately groaned internally thinking he had been caught by a fan. "This is so good! Had I known the coffee here was this good I would have come to Helsinki sooner." Ville opened his eyes and saw that the girls had sat a couple tables away from him with their backs facing him. As the girls sat there he noticed her satchel also had a heartagram stitched onto it as well.

"I'm glad you finally decided to come Nena," Jaana said wrapping an arm around Nena.

"Me too, I cannot wait to explore more of Helsinki. I just wish I could go to like Tampere or some other cities y’know?"

"I know, if I had the money I would take you ystäväni (my friend). Hmm, so what will I do with you for the next month and a half?" Janna laughed.

"I'm sure we will figure it out. Plus, I don't want to keep you away from Tero for that long. I think I will move into the hotel after a couple of weeks so you two can have your privacy," Nena winked.

"Non sense! He can wait, I'll make him!" The two girls laughed as they drank their coffees.

For 30 minutes Ville sat there sipping his coffee and tried not to look too suspicious as he watched and listened to the two girls. He felt weird though for doing so, it was something he didn’t do very often.

So the tourist girl was from America as he could hear from her accent and visiting for some sort of project that he could not figure out. He also concluded that her name was Nena. She seemed like a nice young girl and her laughter was one that Ville noticed made him smirk a bit.

Ville was wondering what was taking Mige so long and messaged him again. When he looked up again he saw Nena’s friend get up and walk towards the restroom. He turned his attention back to Nena and watched her intently and saw her take out a pen and start to draw something on a napkin. Ville was so curious as to what she was drawing and tried to lean a bit to see if he could get a peek.

xxxxxx

“I am back lovely,” Jaana said as she sunk back in her chair, “What are you drawing?”

Jaana took a look and chuckled to herself. Nena just nudged her friend and finished off the doodle with her little signature at the bottom. When Nena happened to glance up out of the window she immediately got up and took only her camera bag. “I’ll be right back Jaana!” she said as she ran out of the coffee shop.

"Wait! Hollee?" Nena yelled trying to catch up to the woman. "Hollee Force!" The woman whirled around and Nena couldn't be happier. "You are Hollee Force, right?!" she asked.

"Why yes darling," the drag queen smiled. Nena had been in love with Hollee ever since her cousin showed her a picture of her on the computer. Hollee Force was a famous European drag queen and for Nena to bump into her the first day of being in Finland was a dream come true.

"Wow, I can't believe I am meeting you! I'm a big fan," Nena gushed.

"Why thank you darling," Hollee said bringing out a pack of cigarettes.

"Do you mind if I take a picture of you?"

"Of course I don't mind. My hair is a bit shit right now but, oh well." As she said this Hollee brought out a pair of panty hose and wrapped them around her head then posed for the camera. Nena snapped the picture and looked at the result. She was happy about it and offered a peek for Hollee. She just smiled and continued to lean against the wall and shook her head in approval.

"Aren't you cold?" Nena asked referring to Hollee's black muscle shirt that had an image of Madonna on the front.

"Bloody freezing but this cold doesn’t bother me as much, only until the snow falls then I'll have to tone it down and bring out the sweaters. So what is your name darling?"

"My name is Nena, I'm visiting from the states."

"Ah, America. I do love it there."

"That's awesome,” Nena bit her lip and hesitated to ask her next question.

“What is on your mind darling?” Hollee asked seeing her hesitate.

“Hmm.. Well, I was wondering if… I could photograph you sometime while on my visit here?" Nena asked as she blushed a bit, “Just a small photo session with you sometime during the month? I'd really love to have photos of you in my portfolio."

"Hmm, well darling I won't be too busy this month. It would be cool to have a small photo session. Do you have a card to contact you?" Hollee asked digging in her purse.

"Yes I do actually," Nena said producing a small white business kind of card and black filigree in the corners reading
~Luna Photography~
with her name, number, and email in simple black letters.

"Perfect! Here is mine and just text me or email me when you think it will be a good time. Or I will contact you." Hollee's card was much more flamboyant than Nena's, being bright pink with swirly white lettering.

"Thank you so much Hollee! I will definitely contact you."

"You are so welcome dear! Now I should be going. I think I'm running late," Hollee said twisting her lips and pulling Nena into a hug, "See you soon Nena darling!"

"For sure bye Hollee!" Nena rushed back to the coffee shop and met Jaana at the doors.

"Who was that?" Jaana asked as Nena held open the doors.

"I am so sorry, I just saw Hollee Force. She’s a drag queen I’m kinda obsessed with," Nena nearly squealed.

“I thought something bad happened, you left so quickly,” Jaana said holding Nena’s bag to her, “Well, come on we have to meet Tero and Teppo for dinner and we have to go shopping first. I don’t have a nice dress.”

“You have plenty of dresses,” Nena said in amusement. Jaana had no shortage of dresses and was super jealous of her selection.

“Okay, well, I don’t have a nice dress for this week,” Jaana laughed, “Now, let’s go.”

"Wait, I want to get my little drawing I did," Nena said bringing her arm out of Jaana's grip.

"The one on the.. napkin?" Jaana asked hesitantly.

"Yes,” Nena said then saw Jaana’s eyes turn panicky, “They threw it away already didn't they?" Nena asked.

"No, actually a, um, man asked if he could have it.... he really liked it. Said you were a good artist," Jaana said as her cheeks flushed pink a bit.

"A man..?" Nena asked noticing her friend blush, "Well ok. Let's go shopping!!" Nena laughed not thinking too much of it and drug Jaana with her.

xxxxxx

Little did Nena know, that after she had left Jaana at the table someone tapped her on the shoulder gently. When she turned it was none other than Ville Valo, man of her friends dreams. Before she could say anything Jaana’s breath caught in her throat.

"I'm sorry to disturb you but, I was curious as to what this drawing was,” Ville said looking over at it. He was surprised at the drawing and a small smile crossed his lips. Picking it up he asked Jaana, “Would your friend mind if I kept it?"

"Uhm, n- no I don't think so. Y- you are Ville Valo!" Jaana said with her eyes wide.

"Yes. I'm sorry sweetheart if this is a bit random,” Ville said seeing Jaana’s look of surprise.

"It’s not a problem at all,” Jaana said getting out of her chair, “Wow, I still can't believe I am meeting you. Voisin mahdollisesti saada kuvan kanssasi? (Could I possibly get a picture with you?)" Jaana asked as her cheeks flared up.

"Tietenkin kultaseni. (Of course sweetheart)." Ville smiled as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

Jaana reached her arm out in front of her and took the picture with her phone. "Thank you so much Ville. You have no idea how cool this is. It's a shame my friend isn't here. She is a big fan of yours."

"Well maybe another time. I must go now and.." Ville carefully folded the napkin with Nena's drawing and placed it in his jacket pocket, "tell your friend she is a good artist."

"Of course. Again thank you Ville," Jaana said as he saluted her and walked out of the coffee shop.
How could Nena miss this?! And what exactly was she doing? Jaana was a bit upset with her friend as she grabbed her backpack and purse. She will never believe what just happened.

-The next morning, November 20th-

Nothing could be more perfect than having a good night’s rest for Ville. He had gotten home after going to Mige’s house and had fallen straight to sleep. No nightmares or interruptions. Just the way he liked it. As he turned on his side towards his bedside dresser he gazed upon the napkin he had taken from the coffee shop.

The drawing was of his eyes. She seemed to have drawn them a million times he thought, for it hadn’t even taken her more than 10 minutes to draw them. He loved the sketchiness he could see and how some lines were softer than others and how it wasn’t perfect but then again it was in a way. He was always fascinated at peoples artwork of him was yet this one in particular seemed more personal and intimate. Maybe because it wasn’t really meant for his eyes but was just a simple doodle that just happened.

Ville closed his eyes and sighed while he rolled out of bed. He seemed in a rather good mood today than he did the past week.He took a quick shower and when he was about to exit his tower he heard giggling outside. He paused for a second and cautiously went to one of the windows facing his front yard. As he peered out he saw three girls standing on the sidewalk placing teddy bears and notes on the gate. One was even taking a couple pictures of the tower.

He rolled his eyes as the cab drove up to the sidewalk and placed his face against the wall by the window, “Great. Perfect timing..” he said under his breath. He pulled his purple beanie over his head and walked out of the tower.

The girls shrieked and started yelling his name and asking him for pictures. As much as he wanted to be rude and just get in the cab he turned on his best smile and accepted the papers they were shoving in his face. “Ville! Kiss me please! Just one kiss and my life will be complete!!” one girl said as she hugged him.

“Whoa dear, I don’t think I can do that,” he laughed but felt very uncomfortable. The girl pouted and as he finished taking the last picture he got in the cab and headed to the restaurant Mige had wanted to have breakfast at.

“You look bright eyed Valo,” Mige commented as Ville sat down.

“Finally got a good night’s rest,” Ville smiled.

“That’s great. So Linde and Gas are coming back early,” Mige said.

“Really? Great! Why so early though?” Ville asked picking up a menu.

“I wanted to tell you last night but I forgot. But, uh, Seppo set up a small gig for us,” Mige hesitated.

“A small gig?” Ville asked emphasizing the small part.

“It’s going to be at Tavastia club.”

“Ah.. well when exactly?”

Just suddenly a waitress came up and asked what the boys would like to drink. Mige ordered a tea while Ville ordered a coke with a cup of ice.

“Week after next I believe. And not a lot of people will be there. Seppo said something about it being a kind of “secret” show. Yet I don’t know how long it will stay that way,” Mige rolled his eyes.

Ville nodded at this, “Well, can’t wait..”

xxxxxx

As Nena began to wake up she smelled something really good. She rolled over on the couch and saw Jaana in the kitchen. “What are you making Jaa?”

“Pulla! It’s really good you will love it,” she giggled, “and it is about time you woke up. It’s nearly one in the afternoon.”

“Well if it hadn’t been for Teppo to give me six shots of whatever the hell it was, I would have woken up earlier.”

“I swear he can be unpredictable that man,” Jaana laughed and shook her head.

“I’ll say,” Nena said as she grabbed he toiletry bag and headed to the restroom. Jaana’s apartment was a really nice place, very homey and comfortable. The living room was connected to the kitchen by a cute little staircase and Jaana’s room was on the other side of the wall of the living room as well as the bathroom. The floors were wood paneled and all the walls were white including most of the interior, just the way Jaana liked it.

After washing up and getting dressed she went to the kitchen to join Jaana at the table. In front of her was an amazing looking pastry that was golden brown and round and looked to be braided. “Wow, Jaana you made this?”

“Yes! It’s really good and it will fill you up! Have a seat and eat we have a lot to look at today.”

“You don’t have to ask me twice,” Nena laughed and tore a piece off the Pulla, “So, where are you taking me today?”

“Ah!” Jaana said pushing her hair out of her eyes, “three beautiful places that I think you will like. Two museums and the park. You will like them.”

“That sounds great! I can’t… wait!” Nena said pointing at Jaana’s neck, “What are those?!”

“What are you talking about?” Jaana said looking behind her pretending she didn’t know what Nena was talking about.

“Whatever!” Nena said laughing, “You know exactly what I’m talking about.”
Jaana had three big hickeys on her neck and they were very noticeable. “Ew wait does that mean that you and Tero…”

“We were drunk!” Jaana interrupted, “and you were passed out so it’s not like you heard anything.”

“Ew..” Nena said as she grabbed another piece of the Pulla, “well you should get dressed. I’m ready to goooo!!”

“Gee you are like a kid!” Jaana laughed as she drank her coffee.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! Pics are on the tumblr like always :D