Status: Work-in-progress!!! I'll work on it whenever I get a chance, but it will be slow-going.

An Assassin's Love

From a Distance

I stand at the top of the hill, hidden by the trees. I can't see her very well, but I can tell that she's laughing. I can hear it, drifting up to me on the slight breeze.
"Felix!" Lukas calls over the headset, snapping me out of my daze. "What are you doing? You can't get too close!"
"I'm not," I snap, composing myself. "I was just...getting a closer look, that's all." I turn the volume down on the earpiece, then turn and quietly head back to base.
When I reach the small cabin that we use as a base, Lukas is sitting in a black desk chair, watching each of the 5 screens that are set up around the tiny room.
"Where's Nikolaus?" I ask.
"Getting lunch."
"Good. I'm starving."
I glance at the middle screen. This one is set up at just the right angle, and I can see her perfectly. She's sitting on the front porch, her legs folded criss-cross, with one of her cats resting on her lap. She's staring down at it, petting it, kissing it, talking to it. This cat happens to be her favorite; a black female named Onyx. She has two other cats: Mufasa and Ghost. But Onyx is her favorite. Onyx is hers.
"Who wants Taco Bell!" Nikolaus bursts in, balancing three boxes on his hands and kicking the door shut behind him.
"Ah, finally," Lukas exclaims, hopping up and practically knocking over the office chair to get to the table, where Nikolaus is setting everything down.
I steady the chair with one hand, then sit down and watch the screens while the other two pile into the food.
I've read her File. Her name is Brianna. Brianna Rose. She lives with her parents, Anthony and Amelia, and her sister, Isabelle. Brianna goes by Bree, her dad goes by Tony, her mom, Amy, and her sister, Bells. Brianna is 17; Isabelle is 14. They both have blonde hair and blue eyes, but Isabelle's hair is shorter, thicker, and darker than Brianna's. Brianna is 5' 3'', while Isabelle is 5' 4''. Isabelle is sort of pudgy, where Brianna is thin. Neither is athletic; Brianna tends to prefer books, art, and music to sports. And she is absolutely beautiful.
"Felix!" Lukas calls, snapping me to life once again. "Are you gonna eat, or are you just gonna sit there, staring at the screen like an idiot?" He uses the German pronunciation for idiot, stressing the "o".
"Oh," I glance at them, watching me while they eat, then look back at the screen. "I-" I get up and go to get some food.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll probably change it later, but that's what I've got so far. Enjoy!