Status: new and updating!

Coming Home to You

four.

Abby curled up next to Jeremy, panting and curling up next to his sweaty body. He wrapped an arm around her waist and kissed the top of her head, moving her hair from her forehead.
"You know I love you, right?", Jeremy asked, his fingers dancing through the loose strands on top of her head.
She looked up at him and smiled, nodding.
"Of course. And I love you."
Jeremy smiled tiredly, and closed his eyes, letting out a long breath. Abby looked over at the clock and saw that it was only seven thirty at night. Jeremy had made a dinner at her flat and before the food was even ready, they were in the bedroom. Jeremy had about four glasses of wine in him, along with a pint or two that he had had before he got to her home. Abby didn't ordinarily like to sleep with him after he had been drinking, but he did have a way with words; plus, she didn't like to start an argument with him, especially when he was swaying back and forth sloppily in her living room.
She let out a sigh and heard her fiancee snoring next to her. She got up from her warm bed and paced herself to the bathroom. After she had done her business, she looked at her naked self in the mirror. She had bite marks all over her shoulders and collar bone and her ribs were pregnant with oncoming bruises. She ran a hand through her long hair and made sure to wipe off her excess make up that smeared down her cheeks.
Abby leaned against the door way of the bathroom and looked at Jeremy, whom was now sleeping on his stomach, his mouth and nose sunken into the pillow. She then looked to her sparkling engagement ring that fit perfectly on her left hand. She bit her lip and rubbed her eyes, her thoughts getting to her again.

"Isn't this a girl thing? Shouldn't you have Lisa or Annabeth do this with you?", Rob complained as Abby dragged him and the boys through the mall.
Abby laughed and shook her head at him in faux disbelief. The wedding seemed to be right around the corner and she had nothing to show for it. She figured that she could at least get some accessories and maybe shoes. Those were easy to buy; she had to find white ones to match the dress. It was a simple task, but with four whiny twenty three year olds, it was quite difficult.
"To be honest, I invited you to simply torture you. Your opinion means nothing to me", Abby teased as she playfully pushed Rob.
Chris continued teasing his friends as Abby led the group through the food court. Rory was walking beside her as his eyes were scanning his surroundings. His hand occasionally would brush up against hers and it would make her look up at him, but he would simply guide his eyes elsewhere. Abby was sure that it was unintentional, but, as usual, she over thought it.
Before her mind got her in too deep, Rou spoke up behind her.
"Have you even got your dress yet, Abs?"
Abby shrugged and Rory looked at her with a questioning face.
"No, not yet. My mum and sister said they would go with me but their schedules are so busy. I'm pretty much waiting on them."
Rou nodded, showing that he had heard her. She continued with her thoughts.
"Well, my folks are actually holding my engagement party at their house on Friday. I want you guys to be there", she smiled, looking back at her best friends.
Rob rolled his eyes and smiled.
"Why would I go to a stiff party like that. On a Friday night we should out on the town, know what I mean?"
Abby just laughed, knowing that he wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world. She was convinced when he pretty much jumped on her back and layed a sloppy kiss on her cheek.
"Of course we'll go, Abs. We can't let you suffer alone."
She grinned and hugged onto his arms in a silent 'thank you'.
They continued walking through the mall, stopping in and out of a few stores for a few hours. Nothing really caught her eyes, which was disappointing for the bride to be. Rory placed an arm around her shoulders and layed his head atop hers.
"No worries, Abs. We'll find something soon."
Abby nodded and agreed with him as they exited the mall and headed back to Chris' car. Rob snagged the front while Abby, Rory and Rou were crammed in the back. Rob fiddled with the radio and finally stopped on a random rock song that he seemed to know all the words to.
"So, Abby, getting the jitters about the big day yet?"
She looked up when she heard Chris' voice and shrugged. She placed blonde strands behind her pierced ears and met his eyes in the rear view mirror.
"Eh, not really. I'm excited and all, but it's more nerve wracking than anything. Getting a dress, finding a venue for the wedding and reception, you know. There's not enough time in the day", she said with a humorless chuckle. Rou smiled and reached across Rory to pat her knee.
"That's why we're here, man. We're gonna make this as fun as possible."
Abby smiled and thanked her friends as Chris pulled up to her flat. She slipped out and told the boys to be at her parents' house on Friday or their friendships were over. The boys playfully jeered but agreed. She waved as the tan four door took off into the evening, Rory turning in his seat to wave back. She smiled and headed up her stairs and leaned against her front door when she got inside. She let out a breath of relief, finally happy to be home after a long and tiring day.
"What took you so long?"
Abby jumped when she heard Jeremy to her left, coming from the kitchen. She placed a hand over her heart and smiled at him.
"Jesus, babe. Almost gave me a bloody heart attack."
Jeremy wasn't smiling. He was shirtless with his flannel pajama pants hanging low and a bottle of wine in his right hand.
"What took you so long?", he asked again, slowly walking towards her. She backed up as far as she could against her door, but stopped when she realized that she could go no further.
"I was at the mall with the boys. They were helping me pick out some accessories and stuff."
Jeremy stopped where he was an took a swig from the dark green bottle. He wiped his lips with his forearm, the bottle managing to stay upright.
"I bet they were eager to be there...especially Rory."
Abby tilted her head in confusion and furrowed her brows.
"What are you going on about?"
Jeremy let out a loud sigh and placed the bottle on her island counter before he walked over to her. He placed one hand on the door beside her head and the other was down at her side. He reeked of alcohol.
"I've had my suspicions for a long time, Abigail. I don't know who you think you're fooling", he interrogated, his nose in her hair beside her ear. She gently pushed him away, not wanting to rile him up. She wasn't afraid of him; she just had no energy to fight with him.
"He's my best friend, Jeremy. Stop being so immature."
She slid from under him and made her way to the living area. Before she could get there, he grabbed her arm and pushed her into the nearest wall. She let out a yelp as her back slammed against the dry wall. Her eyes widened as he pressed her body firmly in between himself and the wall.
"Don't ever talk to me like that. If you wanna go run around with your little wanker friends, that's fine. However, if you are to be my wife, I demand some fucking respect. Are we clear on that?"
Jeremy's voice was dangerously low. Abby had never seen him like that before in her life. She was slightly frightened now. She had never been in this situation and she kinda wished she had been so she would know how to handle it.
"Jeremy, please. You're hurting me", she moaned, trying to get her arm out of his grip.
"No, Abigail. You're hurting me. I've seen the way that little prick looks at you. How he's so fucking in love with you. And what do you do? You lead him on by seeing every fucking day. Do you know how damn stupid that makes me look?! I put a fucking ring on your finger and that means you belong to me."
She held her breath and closed her eyes, not really sure if her relationship with Rory was that obvious. She had never meant for it to be. Now, she was panicking as he still held a steel grip on her. She did all she could do.
"Jeremy, please. You're drunk. Go to bed and we'll talk about it later, I promise."
Before she could finish her sentence, his fist was halfway through her wall, up to his wrist. She let out another yelp and put her free hand over her mouth in shock. He leaned even closer to her so that their noses were touching.
"You listen to me. If I find out anything about the two of you, I will beat the living shit out of the both of you, do you understand?"
Abby was shaking from being so frightened. It wasn't like her. She never took shit from anybody, but now, she was like a little child. This was a new side to her beloved fiancee. Anyone would throw a red flag in the air and call it quits, but she still loved Jeremy very much. She told herself that he just had way too much to drink and was thinking way too much. She just nodded, making him release his grip on her, and he pulled his arm out of the wall beside her head. He disappeared from her sight for a few moments, but appeared back in front of her with his jacket on and his shoes. He leaned down and captured a kiss from her lips.
Before she could feel anything, he was out the door. Where he was going, she didn't know. Abby slowly slid down the wall, and let out a quiet sob. She was still shaking and she felt the hot tears make their way slowly down her face.
She sniffled, wiping her nose with her sleeve and let out a deep breath.
"What the fuck?", she asked aloud, not surprised when nobody answered her.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know it's short but the next chapter contains the engagement party, so heads up!