Status: new and updating!

Coming Home to You

seven.

Abby bounced from her bathroom to her closet and back to her bathroom. Rory texted her and invited her out to the pub with the boys to hang out for a bit. Abby quickly agreed, feeling relief that she was finally going out since Jeremy had been gone.
It had been three days since he left on his business trip. His last night was both sad and magical. He had taken Abby to the same place he proposed and had taken her to bed that night. Abby was surprised she could even move her legs the next morning. She had teared up a little when she found that he had left before she could wake up, but she understood. He had been texting her at least once or twice a day to keep her updated, so she was grateful for that.
Abby finally picked out an outfit that was appropriate for the chilly weather and texted Rory. He responded and told her that he would pick her up since it would be a lot easier. Abby couldn’t help but feel her heart leap a bit at his typed words. She immediately scolded herself and told her that those thoughts had to be stopped.
After checking herself in the mirror a thousand times, Abby’s phone buzzed in her coat pocket. She didn’t have to check it to know that it was Rory, letting her know that he was parked outside waiting for her. She rushed out of her flat and hopped into the warm GrandAm. Rory smiled at her as she buckled her seat belt and straightened out her jacket.
“Hello, there” he said as he moved the car from ‘park’ to ‘drive’.
“Hello. What’s goin’ on?”
Rory shrugged as he flicked his blinker on to go left when he arrived at the end of the block.
“Nothin’, really. We’ve been writing and practicing all day at Chris’ and we knew it was that time to get a drink.”
“Well, I’m glad you did because I was getting very bored and lonely in that house” Abby explained with a giggle, “With Jeremy gone, I’ve literally had no entertainment, and I know you guys have been busy with recording and writing.”
Rory nodded at her information but still frowned at the mention of her fiancée’s name. It was more of a habit now.
“You know where Chris lives, Abs. You can always stop by and hang out with us. Trust me, writing and sitting on the couch does get boring after a while” Rory said as he turned off of a main road and neared the pub.
Abby just shrugged and ran a hand through her hair, thinking to herself that she definitely needed a trim before the wedding.
“I know, but I don’t want to disturb the mental juice flow.”
Rory laughed at her and mumbled that she was ridiculous. Abby returned his laugh and the two arrived at the pub after the five minute car ride. They would’ve found pleasure in walking but as the nights became colder, the walks had been less frequent.
Rory and Abby walked in together and found that Rou, Chris, and Rob had already gotten a booth and had finished a pitcher of beer. Abby shook her head at the boys as Rory volunteered to go the bar and fetched another.
“You started without us? Tsk tsk, gentlemen” Abby said as she took a seat with Rou on her left and an empty chair on her right. Rory returned and placed the pitcher in the middle of the cherry wood table.
“Well, we couldn’t wait all night for you to show up. We’ve been writing all day, Abs!” exclaimed Chris whom gave her a playful punch in the arm.
She pursed her lips at him then laughed when he did it back to her.
“You are hopeless.”
“We may be that, but at least we will be drunk and hopeless” Rob retorted, earning a laugh from the table as he held his pint up. Abby and the boys joined him and they clanked their glasses together. When they all took a sip, Abby spoke up.
“So, Rory tells me that you guys were writing all day. Update me on the progress.”
“We got about three songs done, one of which we’re calling ‘Mothership’” Rou explained, tracing an invisible map on the table as the boys nodded along.
“The other two?” Abby asked before sipping from her glass.
“No names yet but soon. I know Rory has a song that he’s been a hermit with” Rou replied as Chris nudged him in the shoulder.
Abby raised her eyebrows at him and nudged his other shoulder so that he looked at her.
“You didn’t tell me you were writing a song, Rors. I feel a little betrayed, to be honest.”
Rory chuckled as he saw Abby start to smile and continue looking at him with interrogation.
“It’s nothing, really. Just something that’s been in my head. It’s almost finished but I don’t think it would really fit in with the rest of the stuff we’ve been working on” he explained with a lame face.
The boys left it at that but Abby noticed a strange look on their faces – like they were hiding something. She rolled it off and took another sip.

The rest of the night consisted of telling crazy stories from high school and growing up together. They had been at the pub for at least four hours before Rou stood up, announcing that he was tired. The table jeered but eventually, they all decided to call it a night. A table full of pitchers stared them in the face and that had to be the final straw.
Abby grabbed her coat and clumsily hugged the boys, minus Rory, when they got outside. The car ride was filled with Abby and Rory chuckling from repeating random bits from the stories that had been exchanged only minutes before with their friends.
“I love nights like these. When I can just unwind and have fun with my best friends. It’s kinda like we never grew up” Abby said dreamily as she looked out of her passenger side window, the six pints sloshing around in her stomach.
“I do, too. It’s a shame that adulthood is practically here.”
Abby nodded and looked over at the boy whom was concentrating on the road. She loved the way he looked when he was focused. He held the same face when he was playing his guitar, Abby noticed.
Before she could think any further, Rory had pulled carefully in front of her flat and watched as the girl stretched her arms out and huffed when she had finished. He laughed to himself and they locked eyes when she had turned.
“Wanna come upstairs? It’s still pretty early and I’m wide awake” Abby suggested as she opened her car door.
Rory bit his lip in thought. Would it be a good idea? They were both highly inebriated and it would probably be best for the both of them to sleep it off in their own beds. After about five seconds, Rory nodded.
“Sure.”
Abby smiled as she shut her car door and walked to the front of the building with her best friends a few feet behind her. She held the door open for him and stumbled towards the elevator, making Rory laugh out loud and reach to keep her on her feet. When the two finally made it to her floor, Abby let out a sigh of relief and rummaged through her pockets for her keys.
“Fucking keys. When ya need ‘em, you can never find ‘em” she mumbled to herself in complete frustration that Rory could only adore.
After taking another minute to find them, she held them up in triumph, earning a clap from her guest.
“About bloody time.”
She playfully shoved him and pushed her door opened, the first thing being seen was her cathedral windows. She shuffled inside and loudly dropped her bag and slipped her shoes off. She unbuttoned her coat as Rory unzipped his sweatshirt and removed his shoes, as well.
“I don’t know about you, Mr. Clewlow, but I could sure go for a drink.”
Before Rory could answer, Abby had already walked to the kitchen and popped open the fridge that held a handful of glass bottles. He made his way into the living room and saw that her iPod was face up next to the speakers that rested on her writing desk. He plugged the small device in and hit the ‘shuffle’ button, making Snow Patrol quietly start streaming from the speakers.
He had made himself comfortable on the living room couch that faces the windows and propped his feet on the coffee table.
“Oi!” Abby exclaimed as she made her way over to the couch. Rory looked over and grinned as she held a bottle of red wine and two large wine glasses.
“Brilliant” he said as he sat upright and watched as the blonde carefully poured the liquid into the glasses. When she had finished, they clinked their glasses together, their eyes locking for a few moments longer than necessary.
Abby cleared her throat and took a sip, her eyes closing in crisp satisfaction. Rory, more of a beer drinker, took a sip, as well, and placed it on the table as the cool liquid swished delicately in the glass.
Abby held her glass as she placed her back against the arm of the couch and placed her feet on the seat cushions as her knees were bent. Rory sat in the same position, facing her on the opposite side of the couch. She smiled as the music continued playing one of her favorite songs.
“How do you know you’re ready?” Rory suddenly asked.
Abby’s head tilted at him and she took another sip from her glass.
“Ready for what?”
“Marriage. Jeremy. How do you know?” he asked again, this time, he was looking at his hands that rested on his lap.
Abby sent him a shrug and looked at the floor.
“I don’t, I guess. Everyone else seems to be and I don’t really see a problem with it, so…” she trailed off. Rory just nodded and reached for his glass that he suddenly wanted very badly. He polished the wine off in one sip and was already pouring another one.
“Have you been practicing your dancing?”
Rory slowly looked up after taking a sip from his full glass and sat normally on the couch.
“My what?” he asked, the question seeming way more complicated now when he had way too much alcohol in his system.
“You know, your slow dancing. Have you practiced at all since the engagement party? You promised that you would in time for the big day.”
Rory slowly smiled and was given a playful slap on his arm.
“You bastard. How do you expect to get any better?” Abby scolded him as he held up his hands in surrender.
“Alright, I’m sorry. But how do you expect me to learn by myself? That’s just awkward and sad” Rory defended. Abby narrowed her eyes at him, then smiled after realizing that he did have a point.
“I see. Well, what better time than the present, eh?”
Rory’s eyes widened as he watched his best friend struggle to stand up, let out a stomach tingling giggle at her own clumsiness, and held her hands out to him. He raised a skeptical eyebrow at her, which just made her shake her hands at him – the same way she did the night of the engagement party. This time, however, he put up less of a fuss.
He slowly stood up, his own drunkenness becoming more apparent. She placed her hands in different positions; this time, her hands immediately went around his neck while both of his went to her waist. Abby’s eyes widened in glee when the song on her iPod changed to Van Morrison’s “Into the Mystic”, making Rory tilt his head in curiosity.
“What?”
“I’m picking this as my wedding song.”
Rory suddenly felt bittersweet - angry that this was a version of the song that she chose to share with Jeremy on the dance floor, but victorious that he got to experience it with her first.
“Nice choice, Abs.”
She just smiled back at him and she leaned over to hit the ‘repeat’ button. He let out a chuckle but she defended herself.
“This is the perfect song to learn to, so get used to it.”
“No complaints here” Rory replied, and the two continued moving together. Abby felt the alcohol moving with her with every step she took and it caused her to look down at her feet and collect her thoughts.
When she looked up, Rory was already looking at her; as if he was searching for something. He felt the alcohol warming his body up, as well. He slowly pressed his forehead against her own, her eyes closing. Her stomach started getting lighter and warmer. She knew it was anticipation, but what for? They were just dancing. They were just friends.
That thought quickly flew from her mind like a frightened bird when Rory placed one of his hands on the side of her face, making her lean into his warm touch. She felt so comfortable and…safe. She felt like that was the position that she belonged in.
Right when Van Morrison started singing about a gypsy soul was the moment that Rory had Abby pinned against the wall of her living room and their lips were connecting in a heat of need. Her hands quickly went to the sides of his face as his were running up and down her bare sides under her shirt. The warmth of his hands sent shock waves through her body and he groaned into her mouth when she started tugging gently on his dark brown, almost red hair.
Abby broke from him and reached to her left to open her bedroom door. Rory’s hands remained on her sides until she was facing him again, her back now directly in front of the bed. Their lips connected again, their breaths harshly hitting each others face through their noses. Rory broke the kiss, this time, and reached to take off Abby’s shirt, her arms immediately raised into the air. She did the same to him he gently pushed her onto the large bed.
Rory’s lips assaulted Abby’s neck as she leaned her head to give him more room. His lips left a trail of fire behind and it made her squirm where she rested.
“Rory” she moaned, her hand going to the back of his head.
He looked up at her and started undoing her jeans. She helped him by moving her hips and kicking them off. His heart beat started racing even faster when he finally saw what he had only dreamed of since high school. Abby was wearing a white lace bra with matching panties and her chest was rising quickly with shallow breaths. He couldn’t control himself anymore.
He unbuttoned his own pants and kicked them off, along with his socks. He leaned down again to connect his lips with hers and she moaned as she felt his hardness through his boxers on her inner thigh.
“Rory, please. I need you right now.”
Rory’s eyes nearly rolled to the back of his head at the beautiful sounds she was making beneath him. Her hands raked down his chest and he let out a groan as she bit her lip. She slowly started to sit up and lean forward, silently telling him to undo her bra. With clammy palms, he did it and tossed it to the side, the two not even bothering to follow where it went.
Abby slowly laid back down, her eyes never leaving Rory’s. His head craned downward and started massaging her left breast with his hand as the other was being covered in kisses and saliva trails. Her one hand returned to the back of his head while the other reached for the headboard to find something to grip.
When Rory was finished, his hand reached downwards and shuffled himself out of his boxers. Abby looked down and bit her lip when she saw what her best friend has been packing all of these years. She had to say, she was impressed.
Rory smiled at her and kissed her lips again, their tongues immediately meeting again in a battle. While Abby was losing the fight, Rory started pulling her panties down her warm thighs, making her lift her hips up to make it easier for him.
Abby’s hands went to his neck as one of his hands went to her warmth. He could already feel how wet she was and knew that foreplay would, unfortunately, not be necessary. She nearly screamed as he continued palming her as his lips made his way down her neck. Realization hit him like a wave as their lips connected again.
“Shit” Rory cursed to himself after pulling away from her.
“What? What’s wrong?” Abby asked, her head tilting the cutest way imaginable.
Rory motioned his dick with his eyes and eventually, Abby grinned and leaned over to her nightstand. She rummaged for a few seconds as Rory ran his hands down her thighs. She faced him again and handed him the foil packet that held the answer inside of it.
“You’re an angel” he mumbled to her, making her bite her lip and lay back down as she patiently waited for him, the alcohol making her head slowly spin. She felt herself become even more turned on as she watched him rip the condom wrapper open with his teeth and roll it onto himself. She started squirming and running her hands up and down her sides, finding the wait unbearable.
When Rory had finally finished, their foreheads touched and they breathed each other in. He placed his hand on her cheek, his thumb tracing the area just under her golden dilated eyes while the other held himself up.
“Abby” he whispered to her as she bit her lip from his touch.
She placed her hands under his arms so they rested on his back and she rubbed in small circles. He smiled at her and kissed her lips, a moan escaping into his mouth.
“Rory” she whispered back as his member teased her entrance. She ran her hands over her forehead as he lined himself up. He kissed her neck and placed his lips next to her pierced ears, her breathing slowing from the intensity.
“I love you.”
Right when the words left his mouth, he lowly pushed into her, her back immediately arching into him. The music continued, and it only fueled the fire that burned between the two.
How appropriate Rory thought to himself.
The song that Jeremy planned to twirl Abby on the dance floor to was the song that played while Rory slipped inside of her in the bed they had shared multiple times.
As his right hand held him up, the left went to her back to bring her even closer. As their chests touched, Abby continued her assault on Rory’s lips.
He started moving in and out at a slow pace, relishing how amazingly tight she was around him. He groaned into her mouth and let go of her back, her body gently landing back onto the bed. He needed both of his hands now to hold himself up as Abby decided to wrap his legs around his waist, giving him more leverage.
“Rory, I’m begging you. Harder” she pleaded her best friend.
He groaned loudly at the sound of his name leaving her lips like it was. He did as he as she wished and began moving at a faster pace. Her eyes closed beneath him and the headboard began its own dance against the wall. The bed was squeaking in synch with the two and the sounds only turned them on even more.
“Abby, fuckin’ hell” Rory groaned against her ear as she clawed down his back. Her eyes opened wide as he found that special spot inside of her that had rarely been discovered. Her legs began shaking around his waist as he continued pounding into her, hitting the spot every time.
“Rory, don’t you bloody stop. Fuck” she begged him as his pace quickened again. His eyes closed as he felt her tighten around him; it had to be the best feeling in the world. Her hands went to the sheets below her and she squeezed them so hard that her knuckles were white. Rory opened his eyes and saw her head tilting back and her mouth agape but no sound coming out. The fact that he had made her feel that way was the biggest satisfaction to him.
Abby suddenly sat upwards and gave his shoulders a push, making him lie on his back and prop her on top of him. She began to bounce and grind, Rory’s hands grasping onto her hips for dear life. His head went back, like hers had done before, and let out a strained groan as if he couldn’t breathe.
Abby cried out as his hips began meeting her own movements and his nails started digging into her skin.
“Oh, fuck; I’m gonna cum, Rory. I’m gonna-shit!” Abby screamed as her movement began slower and sloppier above him. He groaned, her sentence giving him the biggest push he could ever get.
He flipped her over one last time and pounded relentlessly into her, his hand now rubbing her swollen clit. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head, her stomach bursting with an orgasm that was definitely ranked number one on her imaginary list. She cursed loudly as sweat poured from Rory’s forehead onto her chest.
“Cum for me, Rory. Oh god, you feel so fucking good” she spoke into his ear, making him let out harsh breathes and noises. When he came, he stayed inside of her, riding their orgasm out together. She wiped the sweat from his forehead and ran a hand through his damp hair. He pressed his forehead against hers and their lips met, their tongues starting to dance together. They were wordless as Rory slipped out of her, removed the condom, and tied it at the end before getting up to flush it. Abby stretched on the bed and curled up in an unused sheet that must’ve been tossed aside sometime in the past few moments.
Rory came back to the bed and laid beside the girl of his dreams. He wrapped his arms around her, their eyes locking. He rubbed her side that he had bruised a few moments prior as she rubbed his back that was red and swollen from her finger nails.
“I love you, Abigail.”
Even though Rory whispered it into her ear, she heard it as clear as day over their heavy breathing. Even in her drunken state, she knew what she had just done with her best friend was wrong, but in that moment, no other words came to mind.
“I love you, too, Rory.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Abby

they finally did it!
what are your thoughts?
what do you think will happen? will jeremy find out? what will happen in the morning?

let me hear it!