Status: Hey y'all :) This is an active story.

Losing Him Was Blue!

Chapter Sixteen [Part Two] I Took The Scars... I Risked It All.

SIDS POV

I huffed, pulling open the door to Meg’s Café, in downtown Pittsburgh --, and held it for Tyler Kennedy and Kris Letang to go walking through and into the room. I tucked down my ball cap and pushed my way in the door, hoping and praying to god, that I would be able to just enjoy a nice coffee with my teammates.

It was a special gathering; we were here to help Geno. Layla has only been gone a day and he has gone from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde. I am not about to get mad at him or anything, he has every right to be upset.

I found Jordan Staal, sitting with Geno and Ben Lovejoy on the other side. We usually don’t hang out with Benny, but he’s a good kid, so we started inviting him and now he’s a big part of our ‘gang’ so to speak.

I pulled out my chair and sat down, entering into an odd conversation involving Tanger talking about some girl.

Tanger was spinning the salt shaker in his hands. “I just saw her yesterday,” I rolled my eyes, looking nervously into my lap. What poor girl did Tanger defile the loins of now? “Poor girl, she seemed so upset,” Tang has a history of doing the old Letang, Bang and Boot, and it usually results in the girls being very upset with him.

He has meaningless flings with girls all the time, and I get dumped two years ago and I still feel horrible about it and want to make things right.

“What did you do to her?” I laughed, watching the looks on everyone’s faces. They were all sharing the same expression. “What?” Everyone remained silent, all staring awkwardly at me. It was creeping me out. “Stop staring, you are creeping me out, what the fuck is going on?” I darted my eyes around, back and forth, trying to decipher what was happening here.

“Tang saw Emi-“Ben started, before he grimaced, grabbing his leg. “OW, why did you kick me?” He turned and glared at Tanger, who was staring in his direction.

I felt the heat rush to my cheeks. Emily was there yesterday? Wait, if she was there, why didn’t I see her? I immediately turned and glared at Tyler, knowing if Emily was there, he was behind it and he probably kept her from me.

“Shut up, ixnay on the yemilee,” Tang spoke back through gritted teeth. I huffed watching them go back and forth, both speaking in PigLatin, not even beginning to consider that my sister and I talked in PigLatin when we didn’t want our parents to know what we were saying.

I put my hands down on the table. “Guys,” I shouted, stopping them and watching as they turned and looked at me. “Hi, uhm… I know Emily was at Geno’s yesterday,” They both glared at each other, obviously pinning my knowing on each other. I looked over at Jordan, his nose in his phone, obviously staying out of it. Geno was still depressed and out of it, so he was laying his head on the table, tracing a heart with his finger on the wood. Tyler was beside me, laughing at the guys pointing fingers at each other. I rolled my eyes.

“All of you knew Emily was at Geno’s and not one of you could fucking tell me?” I wanted to see her again. I wasn’t as mad at her as I was when she left, but I was upset over what she did… and that she could do something like that to me.

Tang sighed. “Sid, we wanted to tell you… but, you know, we didn’t want to upset you because of the kid and everything,” He patted my hand; a comforting look embraced his features. “She even said it was just easier to leave,”

“What do you mean? What kid?” I smiled, knowing I read an article about Emily and my potential kid, but I never believed that crap they put in magazines. I am so used to the tabloids posting crap about me and people I know. I believed in my heart though, that the little girl in the picture was my daughter, but unless I heard it from her mouth I had yet to believe it.

“Oh, you don’t…” He nibbled his bottom lip, obviously trying to pull a new lie out of his hat. “I mean… there isn’t a kid…” He smiled, watching everyone give him odd looks at his awkwardly large smile. “Right guys?” He smiled through gritted teeth as everyone nodded their heads in unison, with the exception of Geno and Jordan.

“You are a horrible liar, Kristopher,” I glared, relaxing back into the chair. “I am 24 years old, I do not need to be coddled; you guys treat me like I need to be protected from this. If she had my kid, she had my kid, what’s hiding it from me going to do? Absolutely nothing.” I stood up, slamming my fists down on the table and looked at Tyler, shoving a finger in his face. “And you. Emily told me on the phone, you called and told her about Layla, I wouldn’t fucking doubt you were responsible for why I didn’t see her… You gave me her cell so I could tell her myself,” I turned and walked away from the table, and looking briskly over my shoulder at Tang, frowning and looking at his hands.

I knew he felt guilty. Tyler was staring at me. “This whole thing is your fucking fault; you’ve been fucking around with my girlfriend this entire time. How do you live with yourself?

With that being said, I stormed out of the café and down the street, lifting the hood of my hoodie over my head. I bypassed a magazine stand and stopped to look at the cover of US Weekly, noticing the headline: Is Edney Back Together? …What? I paid for the magazine and took it, opening it up to the article with a picture of my sister sitting at a table, with the little girl Lucia from all the other articles and Emily, sitting across from her. Why is my sister with Emily?

I got to my Evoque and climbed in, reading the article.

'Is it true that Swedish heartthrob Emily Miller and Penguins star Sidney Crosby are finally rekindling their lost romance? Emily shares a coffee with the other Crosby; Taylor, at the Bistro in Philadelphia this past weekend.

Baby Crosby overlooks, and appears to be the spitting image of her hockey phenom Daddy. What happened with Tyler Kenndy and Emily Miller? Is the other Crosby expecting?'

I looked over the picture again, noticing the stomach forming on my little sister. Taylor has never been big, ever, and for her to become that big, that fast… Ohmygod, my sisters pregnant! Why is Emily in Philadelphia? If she’s trying to avoid me, why is she living five hours from me and having coffee with my sister? I never said Emily was a rocket scientist.

Why haven’t I been told my sister is pregnant? Moms been waiting and bugging for grandkids and believe me; shed boot my door down to tell me my sister beat me to the punch.

If Lucia is mine… then how am I going to tell my Mom and Dad? They’ve apparently had a grandkid for two years and didn’t even really know it. Fuck, I didn’t even know it.

This was all too much to wrap my head around. In the matter of a few months, I went from ‘Emily disappeared of the face of the earth’ to ‘She’s returned, living in Philadelphia, sleeping with Tyler and apparently has my kid…’ God, I feel like I live in a fucking soap opera.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and dialed my Mother’s number, hoping to get to the bottom of this. I wasn’t going to mention Lucia, until I knew for sure. I never ever for once thought Emily was cheating on me our entire relationship, but she did live six hours away from me. I loved this girl…

“Sidney, how are you? How’s the team?” My Mom’s happy voice greeted me when she picked up.

“Hey Mom, I am doing alright, I just read this funny article,” I dug at my bitten down finger nails, while I had the phone pinned between my head and shoulder. “It said Taylor was pregnant,”

“Swift? If it’s Swift, I wouldn’t doubt it,” She laughed. I smirked, knowing my Mothers hatred for that country popstar everyones fawning over. Tyler met her and said she smells nice in person, which came as a shock to Emily who said ‘What? I thought she’d smell of whisky and semen’ she had a burning hatred for Taylor Swift.

“No, your daughter, Taylor… the one who’s in Minnesota making us all proud,” I rolled my eyes. Proud… she was a hosie rosey to put it plain and simple, so my parents thought sending her to my Alumni would calm her down, apparently it raged it further and now she’s apparently pregnant.

I love my sister to death and I always will, but she needs to calm the fuck down. She was never the type of kid to use me as a loophole to get where she wanted in life. She even wanted to register at Shattuck under our Mom’s maiden name, so they’d take her on her talent not the name I made.

“Wait, your sister is pregnant? Where did you see this?” She yelled. “I told your father letting her out of Nova Scotia was a bad idea, but he wouldn’t listen, now look where she is,”

“She’s in Philly with… Emily,” I spoke softly. “I thought you knew… it was on the cover of a magazine,”

“Taylor doesn’t tell me anything. As far as I knew, she was still in Minnesota,” She huffed. “Wait, Emily? Oh, you two are finally talking again. That is so great; she was such a good kid and so sweet,”

“We are not talking…” I huffed. “It was in the article that Taylor and Emily were in Philly together, so I’m assuming that’s where Emily is living,”

“Oh, well just you wait until I get my hands on your sister,” She growled. “Throwing an expensive athletic boarding school down the fucking toilet,” We exchanged goodbyes and I hung up, deciding to go home without any place to go as of right now.

I wasn’t sure what to think of this now. Was my sister pregnant? Am I going to be an Uncle? Woah, who’s the baby Daddy?
♠ ♠ ♠
Helloo everyone :) major apologies for the delay. My internets just been a total asshole, not to mention I caught yet another sinus cold. I really hope you like this chapter, there is two more to go and then I will be posting the next part. I actually read over the story last night, and I thought about writing one last part to it... But I'll let you guys decide at the end :D

The next chapter will hopefully be up on Wednesday, if not Thursday so I hope you guys have an awesome day!

Comment and subscribe :) xoxoxoxo