I Won't Give Up

Greg

One Month Later

It's been a month since I found out the news that Dawson was pregnant. I still couldn't believe it, of all the things, he was pregnant. I never used protection because I thought that it was impossible. Now, I don't know what to think.

I stared over at Dawson, his face looking unsure. He looked a bit puffy, and he was barely showing anything, but it was enough. I walked over to him, his face looking up as I neared. "I never thought this to be possible," he said, grabbing my hands and causing me to sit down next to him. "I can't go to school. Not with this," he said, indicating his stomach.

"I'll work with you here. If you'd rather stay here and work alone with me to keep the unwanted stares off of you, I'll gladly make sure you have the time off, say you're studying abroad or something," I said, pulling Dawson onto my lap.

"What about Wil, Jackson, and Fifi?" he asked, looking a bit more worried than usual. I smiled as I brought my hand up to his face, running my thumb gently across his cheek.

"I'll deal with them, don't you worry," I said, pressing my lips to his. Dawson seemed to ease up a bit, and when we broke the kiss, he leaned against me. "We'll get through this, sweetie. I promise." Before either of us knew it, we fell asleep, all of our worries melting away for the moment.

Time Elapse

I awoke to the sound of someone vomiting, and I immediately ran for the basement bathroom. Dawson was over the toilet, looking flushed. "S-Sorry. I tried not to.." he started, but quickly started throwing up again. I rubbed his back, waiting for this to pass.

After a few moments, he was able to fall against the side of the tub, his breathing come in pants. Sweat was beading on his forehead, and he looked so tired. Grabbing a rag, I ran under cold water and then pressed it against his forehead. "Thank you," he said, sounding so weak.

"Don't talk, Dawson. Just relax," I said, looking at him. I knew there was a hint of worry in my eyes, but he didn't press it. "I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Honestly, I wish it never happened."

"Didn't you ever think of having a child or two one day?" he asked, finally looking like himself. I sat down across from him, resting my elbows on my legs and looked at my hands. Thinking for a long moment, I finally replied.

"I figured I'd adopt a kid or two. Maybe between the ages of three and six. I just never thought I'd be the biological father of said child or children," I said, looking up at Dawson. "Honestly, I don't know the first thing about kids. I was hoping I'd learn a thing or two before having one. Or find someone who knew something."

"Luckily for me, I paid attention to my parents when they were taking care of Emilee," Dawson said, laughing a little bit. "I know how to change diapers, and know what to feed the babies, and whatnot. I'll teach you what I know when the time comes."

Grabbing Dawson's hands, I brushed a kiss to his fingers. "You won't be doing this alone, Dawson. Every step of the way, I'll be by your side."

"That's all I ask," he said, leaning forward and pressing his lips tenderly against mine. I wrapped my arms around his waist and held him close, hoping that I wouldn't fail as a father and a lover.