I Won't Give Up

Dawson

After Ameila had healed,we took her home and I got started on finding her a place to get her a hearing aid for her right ear. As I sat there staring at the computer,i felt Greg slid his arms over my shoulders and leaned down "What's bothering you honey?" he asked softly.

Feeling the tears burn my eyes,I fought back a cry 'How could I not know that her ear was that bad Greg? I should have looked at her ears that night" I cried softly,reaching up and gripping his hands. Greg sighed and turned me around.

"Dawson,there's no way you would have known. She didn't start showing anything until she woke you up" He said,stroking my cheek. Sniffling,I heard Ameila walking towards us. Turning,I smiled warmly and held out my hands.

"Mama!" She giggled,stumbling towards me before falling into my arms. Smiling warmly,I picked her up and set her on my lap as she snuggled into me and stared at Greg with bright eyes.

"Such a beautiful Princess" Greg cooed,causing Ameila to giggle then laugh as Greg started tickling her "I think she'll be alright Dawson,so she has a little hearing loss in her ear. That's not a big deal" he said,looking up at me.

Time Elapse

"Greg hurry up! Jackson will be here with Ameila shortly!" I yelled down the hall,getting the kitchen set up for Ameila's 1st birthday. Greg came down the hall with gifts in his hands before setting them down and helping me finish.

The rest of our friends arrvived,even Doris from school came as well before Jackson arrived at the house with Ameila.

After the party was over,I took Ameila into the bathroom and got her started on a bath to get the cake out of her hair. Ameila giggled and splashed in the tub as I washed her before coming to a stop as I started washing her back.

"Oh no...' i whispered,fear filling my entire body as I stared at the ugly bruise on her back "GREG!" I yelled,rinsiing Ameila off and picking her up before running out of the bathroom. Greg running towards me.

"What is it? What's wrong?" He asked,pantic in his eyes as I showed him the bruise before he flinched. "Ouch...she must have hit something at Jackson's today" He said but I continued to stare at him.

"Greg...my sister had the same bruise before they found out she had cancer...." I said softly causing Greg's eyes to widen and stare at me.

"Oh no" he whispered,the fear filling his eyes as we both stared at our giggling and happy daughter.