I Won't Give Up

Greg

In a short amount of time, I felt an over-whelming rush of various emotions before it settled on anger. Looking at Dawson, I said, in an urgent whisper, "Get her upstairs and lock the door. I will take care of these unwanted visitors. Also, make sure the back door is locked. Don't want any strays getting in." Nodding, Dawson ran into the kitchen to check the back door. Almost immediately, he was picking up Ameila and running upstairs.

Turning towards the front door, my sight glazed over. The last thing I recall was opening the front door and a bright flash of light.

Time Elapse

I awoke from my black out some time later. My hands quickly rushed to my head, which was feeling as if it were about to bust open. A moment later, I felt a set of familiar hands gripping my shoulders. "Greg ... Greg, are you okay?" Dawson asked, causing me to look up at his worried gaze.

"My head is killing me. Other than that, I feel fine," I said, rubbing my temples. "What all happened?" I asked, looking at him for a moment. He offered his hands and I grabbed them, standing up and dusting myself off.

"You ran out the front door in a frenzy, grabbing camera and tape recorders and throwing them against the tree. They all smashed on impact and were beyond repair -- which I'm sure was your plan. Not one reporter left here with a story, but I have a feeling this is far from over," he said, pressing a cool rag to my forehead. "You even broke an arm of one of them."

Before I could ask any more questions about it, I heard a police siren behind me. Turning around, I met the eyes of two officers, both looking rather un-amused. "We got a complaint abut someone going ballistic and injuring a person."

"I have issues controlling my temper. Honestly, I don't recall much after opening the front door." The officers didn't appear to believe it, which is as I figured. No one would ever believe that kind of story. Except Dawson.

"We're going to take you in for observation," the female officer said, walking over towards me. I turned and faced Dawson, a look of fear and sadness in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Dawson. I didn't mean for this to happen on your birthday, love." I lifted Dawson's gaze to mine and pressed a tender kiss to his lips. Breaking it, I whispered, "I'll be out soon. Keep a good eye on her."

Moments later, the cold metal of the handcuffs met my wrists. I could sense pain and anger radiating from Dawson as I was guided to the second police car. Now, more than ever before, I truly knew the feeling of loneliness.

Time Elapse - Two Days

Sitting in my jail cell, I leaned against the wall, staring at the far side of the cell with a blank expression on my face. When I arrived here, I was questioned, and they've come to conclude that I was telling the truth about that night. Surprise, surprise.

As I continued to think about everything that's happened, I didn't realize someone had come to my cell door until they cleared their throat. Looking up, I saw the female officer who arrested me standing there. "Apparently, there are two teenagers who feel that you were doing nothing more than defending your family. They're trying to bail you out of further observation."

"Teenagers? I wonder --" I started, then remembered that this had to be one of Jackson's or Dawson's bright idea. I wonder what they're going to try and pull now, making me get further in trouble than I already am. "So where does that leave me?" I asked, standing up and walking over to the door.

"They've got some paper work to do on you before you can walk away a free man. All of it can take months to process," she said with an evil grin before walking off. I stared after her, my glare seeming to burn holes in her head. Before I could sit back down, I saw something moving in my peripheral. Glancing up, I saw Kylie and Viki stealth-walking over to my cell with various instruments in their hands.

"Come on, teach. Can't keep you locked up here," Kylie whispered as she started working the lock. Once it was open, I walked out and we all made our way outside. Before I could question on how the hell they got in here, Kylie said, "Don't question our ways. We've broken out of Juvie so many times we might as well be criminals."

Keeping my mouth shut, I followed them until we were on the streets. Seeing Dawson across the street from the jail, he gave the girls a thumbs up sign and we all crossed the street in a hurry. "I'll let Tobias and Wil know we're clear. Just get to the school." I kissed Dawson briefly before I was pulled away. I have a feeling that this is going to get a hell of a lot worse before it gets better.