I Won't Give Up

Dawson

The twins had moved Greg down into an abandoned subway station just after breaking him from jail,because of Ameila's condition I had to keep her above ground at the house. When it was safe we would head out and see him for an hour or two,keeping a mask on Ameila just to be safe.

As the days passed the officers continued to come and search my house,keeping tabs on my phone as they tried looking for him. one morning,I walked down to the kitchen to make her food when someone knocked on the door.

Huffing I walked to the door and opened "for the last time no I haven't heard from--oh..I'm sorry" I said,seeing the women in front of me.

"That's alright. May I come in please?" She asked,giving me a warm smile. Nodding,I backed away and allowed her into the house.

"May I ask who you are and why you are here?" I asked,gazing at her as I handed her a glass of tea.

"My name is Sharon,I work with Social services..I've been hearing about bruises on your daughter" she said. Sighing,I sat down and pulled out the meds for Ameila.

"She has a rare blood disorder and because of it,it causes bruises all over her skin" I said,handing her all the medical paperwork "me and Greg would never lay a hand of harm on our daughter. We take..well I take wonderful care of her" I said.

"I'm sure you do dear,it's just my job to come and take a look. Maybe I have a look at your food stock and her room?" She asked,standing up with me. I nodded my head and showed her the kitchen. Everything was placed high from her reach and a lock on the cleaning cabinet to keep her from it.

"I thought Ameila that these two doors are the danger doors,that bad stuff is in there she shouldn't touch but I keep the lock on it just in case" I said,the women smiled and nodded her head before I lead her to Ameila's room.

"mommy!" Ameila giggled happily,holding up her hands. disenfecting my hands I walked over and picked her up,placing her gently on my hip as she gripped my shirt and looked at the women "Mommy..who's dat?" She asked,pointing at her.

"She's a good person sweetie,she's just here to make sure your taking care of" I said,kissing the top of her head. After talking with Sharon a bit more,she left the house and I went about my day.

One Week

I awoke one morning to someone banging on the door and waking Ameila,picking her up and rocking her,I walked to the door and found police there with Sharon "What's going on?" I asked with wide eyes.

"I'm so sorry Dawson but I've been ordered to take Ameila from you because of Greg's postion...I'm so sorry" She said,causing my eyes to widen even more.

"No! Your not taking my daughter from me! " I exclaimed "She doesn't know anyone and no one can take care of her right!" I cried,holding her to my body.

"She's going right into my personal care Dawson,I swear she'll be well takening care of until everything is handled" She said but I backed away,tears streaming down my face.

"No please...please not her" I cried but the police pulled her from me and held me back as they
walked out with her.

"mommy! mommy!!!" Ameila started screaming,tears streaming down her face as I fought against the police.

"Sharon please! Shes all I have!!" I sobbed,my knees buckling out from under me. I sat there as they disappeared down the road with my beautiful little girl. Scrambling up,I headed for the subway and ran up to Greg,shoving him into a wall "THEY TOOK HER!!!" i screamed.

Greg grabbed my hands and stared at me wided eyed "They took who? what are you talking about!?" He said.

"They took Ameila away from me!" I sobbed,falling into his body.