I Won't Give Up

Dawson

I stood in front of the mirror early one morning,my body soaked from the shower I just finished. Running my hand along my slightly swollen stomach,I had start wearing looser shirts to hide the baby bump I was starting to get.

Hearing the door open,I turned around and gazed at Greg "How are you feeling?" he asked,leaning against the door frame of the bathroom. Shrugging a bit,I walked closer and took his hand and placed it on my stomach.

Greg gazed at his hand for a minute,staring at my stomach before he knelt down and softly kissed where I had placed his hand before resting his ear against it "I know your scared Greg and so am I but we can get through this." I said,bringing my hand up and stroking his hair softly "There's a reason this happened to us,a good wonderful reason" I whispered.

Greg tilted his head and looked up at me before standing "All we've been through Dawson,the fights,the scares. We only gotten stronger as a couple. I still have my fears about us,about me becoming alone again and I think that the baby..was a gift to us. Something to tell us that nothing will break us apart" He said,lifting my hands up and brushing his lips across my knuckles.

Gazing intently into his eyes,I stood on my toes and wrapped my arms around his neck "Your going to be an amazing father Greg" i whispered before pressing my lips to his.

Three Months Later

"Dawson your not fat" Greg remarked,walking into the bathroom and staring at me. Turning to face him,I placed my hands on my hips and pouted at him. My shirts no longer hiding the now rather large baby belly I had.

"Greg,I look like a whale. None of my shirts even fit anymore! and nither do my pants" I said,turning back to face the mirror. As my stomach grew and the pregnancy continued,it was taking a toll on my body. my hips not ment to carry this kind of weight so I had to stop dancing due to the immense pain.

"You do not,now come into the kitchen and eat' He said,taking my hand and pulling me down the hall. Sighing softly,I tightened the string on my pants and followed him. Greg had seemed to fit easily into the roll of an expecting father,checking on me all the time and making sure I ate what I needed too and took the special pills our private doctor gave me.

I came to a stop and grabbed his hand,my eyes widening as I placed his hand on my stomach just as the baby kicked. Greg froze and stood there before a warm smile fell across his lips "It's moving" he said softly,placing both hands on my belly and feeling the baby move around.

"I don't know why you want to wait until the baby's born to know the gender...we should find out now so we know what cloths to get and in what colors" I said,laughing at him softly.

"No,I want it to be a surprise for us. I mean the pregnancy alone is a shocker but I want to wait for that" He said,his eyes shining as he stared back at me "Come,you need to eat before I take you to the doctors for another scan" he said. kissing me deeply before disappearing into the kitchen.

Shaking my head,I followed him in and sat down,relaxing in the seat. I gazed around the house as I started eating. The morning sickness was brutal the first three months but the last two so far everything had settled down,realizing what made me feel ill and what didn't.

'What are you thinking about?" Greg asked,causing me to be torn from my thoughts. Looking at down,I played with my food before looking at him.

"I was just thinking about us being parents. I've always dreamed of having a family but I never thought I'd be carrying the child myself. I feel like this is a special gift just for us Greg...to show us that no matter how different we are...our love is stronger" i said,looking down and rubbing my
stomach.

I had believed so hard that this child inside me was a blessing that I didn't think that maybe Greg felt a bit differently and that bringing this child into the world would bring so much chaos into our lives that it would bring us to only one choose. give it up or face the fire of the world