I Won't Give Up

Dawson

Sharon came to my house a few days later with Ameila "mommy!" she said,throwing her arms around my neck and hugging me tightly.

I looked at Sharon and held Ameila close "Greg isn't a bad man. yes his anger gets out of control but he's never ever hurt me or Ameila" I said. Sharon smiled warmly and nodded her head.

"I know Dawson,I've talked with a lot of people who know you and Greg. That's why I've decided to go into court with him. Maybe atleast get him on house arrest instead of being placed in jail" she said.

Sighing,tears filled my eyes and I hugged her tightly "Thank you so much" I cried before watching her leave. I closed my eyes and held Ameila close and carried her inside.

Time Elaspe

The days passed and soon became weeks,Jackson had taken to careing for Ameila while i spent my days in court. Fighting with everyone at my side to get Greg to come home.

"I understand what he did was wrong but he was protecting me! he was protecting our daughter!" I yelled at the judge,slamming my hands onto the table towards the ending of yet another day of court.

i continued to fight with the judge and the lawyers every day. Fighting hard to get Greg back home where he belonged.

one morning,I stood in the livingroom and gazed at the calender. Today was the day we were supposed to get married,all those weeks in court should have been spent planning the wedding. Feeling the tears in my eyes,I looked down at my hand and the ring Greg purposed to me with.

"We will win this" I whispered softly before picking Ameila up. I was bringing her to court today to at least see her father. Walking through the scanners before heading towards the court room.

Walking in,Ameila started crying. Holding out her arms "Daddy! Daddy!" she cried,trying to reach him. Thankfully the officer allowed Greg to come and hold her.

I stood away as Greg held Ameila and talked with her before the judge came into the room and Ameila came back into my arms.