I Won't Give Up

Dawson

It wasn't long until life returned to the way it should have been. Greg and I working on school and planning the wedding,the house we moved into soon became our home.

Little drawings Ameila painted or colored were placed on the walls and fridge,pictures of me and Greg set up everywhere including pictures of Ameila from the day she was born until recent.

One morning,I dropped Greg off at the school. Ameila had caught a bug so I was taking her to see Dr.Patel "Call me once your done alright" Greg said,leaning over and kissing me. I nodded my head and watched him leave.

Time Elapse

Leaving Dr.Patel's with meds for Ameila to take,I headed towards the school when my phone started ringing "Hello?" I answered,reaching back and handing Ameila her juice drink.

"You need to get home! NOW! The whole place is on fire!" Jackson screamed into the phone,my eyes widening. I hung up and sped off towards the house,trying to call Greg but with no answer.

Coming a stop,I jumped out of the car as Jackson ran over to me "NO! All my pictures!" I screamed,tears streaming down my face as I watched my house burn up in flames. Taking all the memories along with it.

Before I could fall to my knees,Ameila started crying from the back seat "Oh god" I gasped and opened the door,pulling her quickly into my arms just as Greg arrived and stood in the driveway. The both of us staring at the place we use to call home.

"Our pictures...our cloths...oh god Emilee" I sobbed,remembering I had my sister's ashes in the livingroom along with her picture. I fell to my knees and craddled Ameila in my arms as she hugged my neck..

I felt arms slid around me and Ameila and heard Greg crying with us "I'm so sorry honey..so sorry" He whispered just as a officer walked up to us and knelted down.

"I believe this is yours...I'm afraid it's the only thing that survived the fire" He said and pulled out the beautiful Jade jar that held my beloved sisters ashes. Snatching it from it,I craddled it to my chest and thanked him over and over again.

"Do you know what caused it?" Greg asked,looking at the officer. I looked up just as the officer nodded and sighed.

"Your home was the event of an arson...someone set fire while you and your family was gone" he said "I'm so sorry for everything. I know nothing can be replaced but I'll be willing to let your family stay with me and mine until you get a new home" he said kindly.