I Won't Give Up

Dawson

I didn't remember falling asleep but I felt Greg slowly shaking me awake "we're here..the house is just up the road" he whispered. I looked out my window and stared up at the long road. I unbuckled my seat belt and opened the door.

When I stood up I found Jackson at my side "No,I want you two to stay here.." I said trying to keep my calm.

"You can't go up there alone!" Jackson exclaimed as Greg reached my side. I clenched my fists and glared at him causing him to take a step back.

"That is my daughter! I carried her and gave birth to her! I will handle this alone" I said strongly. Greg laid a hand on Jackson's shoulder and gave a nod to him. Jackson sighed and leaned against the car.

"Be careful.." Greg said,looking at me. I stared at him for a minute before I turned and headed up the road.

As I closed in on the house,I could hear the cries of my daughter. calling out for her parents,I could hear Doris yelling at her to shut up sending anger boiling even hotter through my veins. As I quietly stepped up onto the porch,I could hear Doris start whispering things. Peeking through the window,I found my beautiful daughter strapped to a chair with the women in front of her,a book in hand.

Ameila seem to have caught my movement in the window and I quickly pressed a finger to my lip with a small smile. Being the wonderfully smart girl she was,she looked away from the window before she started wailing again as I quietly opened the door and snuck up behind Doris.

As soon as I reached her,Ameila became quiet and gave a giggle "mommy" she said with happy eyes. Doris spun around and glared at me.

"You messed with the wrong person Doris,you have no right to take my daughter" I said angrily,my eyes hard as I glared at her.

"That's no child! That's the devils work! Men aren't suppose to have children! that's a women's job" she said angrily but my only response was a punch to the throat,breaking her wind pipe and sending her down to the floor.

"Your the devils work not my daughter,she's a gift from god" I said angrily before running over and freeing Ameila from the chair as Doris gasped for breath on the ground,her face turning colors.

I gave her one last look before turning and walking out of the house and back down the road. As we reached the car,Ameila suddenly tried getting down "Daddy! Daddy!!" she called out happily,I set her down and watched her run straight for Greg. Who picked her up and craddled her tightly in his arms. I just stood there and watched them,thanking God and my beloved sister for everything.