I Won't Give Up

Greg

With Dawson asleep on the couch I put in the basement, I took the time to dance. I place my ear buds in my ears, turned on an upbeat song, and started. I spun, twirled, kicked, lunged. My breathing picked up, sweat rolled off of me, and my muscles were starting to hurt, but not in a bad way.

Pressing my hands to the wall to get my breathing back to normal, I didn't hear Dawson wake up. I only knew when I heard him cry out in pain. Whirling around, I pulled out my ear buds, ran over to him, and pulled out my cell phone. Calling our doctor, I told him we were needing a house call, and immediately.

"It's okay, Dawson. Dr. Patel will be here very soon," I said, brushing the semi-long hair out of his face and wiping the sweat off. "It'll be over soon. Just breathe."

Time Elapse

Luckily, the pains he was experiencing was normal, and were gone about half an hour after he took the medication the doctor gave him. "You and the baby should be fine from here on out. If you experience these pains again, call me immediately. Understand?" he said, looking at both of us. We both agreed and he departed. I saw Dawson's face scrunch up, but it seemed to be in thought than pain.

Kneeling down before him, I grabbed his hands again. "I'm sorry this happened," I said, reaching up and running my hand over his stomach. "When I see you struggling sometimes, I wish I could take it all back."

"I do, too, honestly. I mean, I would love to have a family, I just hate the pain and the sickness," he said, grasping my hand and smiling weakly. "It'll be worth it in the end, I hope."

"I'd rather not see you in pain. I'm with you no matter what. If you choose to keep it, great. If not, that's fine," I said, leaning up and kissing him gently.

"I want to keep it," he said, smiling warmly. "The pain sucks, the sickness sucks, and the swollen everything sucks, but it won't last forever."

"That's very true," I said, chuckling softly. I kissed him again before standing straight up. "I'll be right back. Will you be okay for a couple of minutes?" I asked, staring at him. I was sure my love for him shown through like beacons, because I was feeling it so strongly in me.

"I'll be okay. I'll yell if I need you," he said, pulling me down for one more kiss. Pulling away, he said with a grin on his face, "I'm not sorry for that. I love your kisses." I kissed him deeply for a few moments before breaking apart.

"Your's are very enticing as well," I said, winking at him and making my way upstairs. Walking over to the fridge, I pulled down my lock box. Pulling the key from my neck, I unlocked the box and pulled out the one thing I knew would eventually come into use. I was hoping to wait a little longer, but I can't wait. Locking my box back, I placed it back on the fridge and went downstairs to find Dawson rubbing his swollen belly.

When he noticed me, I smiled warmly at him, watching him for a long moment before walking down all the way. "You look absolutely stunning," I said, kneeling down before him.

"You lie. I'm fat," he said, causing me to chuckle.

"You're not fat," I said. He glanced at my hand which was clutched closed.

"What's in your hand?" he asked, looking curious. Letting out a small sigh, I adjusted myself to be standing on one knee. "What ... are you doing?" he asked, watching me carefully.

"Dawson Lee Andrews, you've made me more of a man than I've ever been in my entire life. I want to make sure this baby of ours has a loving family, and I want to make sure I'm by your side then entire way. So, will you marry me?" I asked, revealing the ring I've had locked away for the last nine months.